Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 23.05.2011 - 20:20
A brand-new, shiny and thoroughly exciting topic for Amon Amarth! The last question asked on the original topic was:

"So did anyone go to that night with Amon Amarth tour in the U.S. Was it boring? Good?"

Discuss!
05.12.2014 - 02:39
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Guest on 05.12.2014 at 02:33

Their's need to work on your's possessive's =P

I fixed your post.
05.12.2014 - 02:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 05.12.2014 at 02:39

I fixed your post.

Thank you for not being a dick to my drunken pedantic dickneshness. We're going to get on fine.
05.12.2014 - 02:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Alex F on 05.12.2014 at 01:26

Here's a pretty interesting article regarding Amon Amarth's frontman Johan Hegg's opinion on the tag "viking metal"

I didn't read it bit if he dienies he has told it in plenty video ints. in the blabber for example regularly
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.12.2014 - 02:55
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Bad English on 05.12.2014 at 02:53

I didn't read it bit if he dienies he has told it in plenty video ints. in the blabber for example regularly

Yeah he seems to despise the term quite passionately. It's nice to see that he isn't propagating the nonsensical term.
05.12.2014 - 02:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Alex F on 05.12.2014 at 02:55

Written by Bad English on 05.12.2014 at 02:53

Yeah he seems to despise the term quite passionately. It's nice to see that he isn't propagating the nonsensical term.

its created by media even modern mainstream labels, magazines etc
like I always say genre its guitar sound, or instrument sound nothing more, same I hate when ppl says what is black metal, like posers Venom and Marduy guitarist ''to me if even saxon will have satabnic lyrics it will be black metal'' what a idiot
----

apos;'
[image]
06.12.2014 - 01:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Progressive metal implies experimentation? That's news to me. Last time I checked experimental / avant-garde means experimenting and non-standard. Some of the most generic, non-experimental music in the world is progressive metal.
06.12.2014 - 02:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Wtf???? Amon Amrath progressive? hahahahahaha that's the biggest laugh I ever had. Standard generic melodic death metal. How the fuck can that be progressive? Even for Bathory that is totally ridiculous.

It is like Godbuster calling Armored Saint progreive because they are soundwise in betwen Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. Yep that gy truly is the biggest moron on the MS forums.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.12.2014 - 02:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Thiose albums aren't progressive at all, either. How the bleeping bleep bleep are those albums progressive? You might as well call Celtic Frost, Venom, Metallica, Mercyful Fate progressive if you call Venom Wannabee bathory progressive
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.12.2014 - 02:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
They werre just crap simple as that.

But back to the music there was nothing progressive at all about them. No progressive chord changes etc. yes it might have been SLIGHTLY different to anything before that but that does not make it progressive. HE was still withinn the bounds of what extreme metal was at the time and didn't break the chains at all.

But you are too young to see that. (using the age card you Always use)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.12.2014 - 02:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
When you boil it down it's basically a form of folk metal, albeit viking themed.
06.12.2014 - 02:47
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Why do I have this slight impression that Marcel got some booze tonight?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
29.12.2014 - 14:02
Infernal Eternal

I love both Bathory and Amon Amarth, although the latter keep on usingthe same fucking riffs. Bathory were a truly influential band.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
29.12.2014 - 16:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Infernal Eternal on 29.12.2014 at 14:02

I love bothe Bathory and Amon Amarth, although the latter keep on usingthe same fucking riffs. Bathory were a truly influential band.

they were, but changed a lot and early era albums was boring IMO, nowadayus it wont work, Venom poser rip of (yes Venom is posers) AA are influential band nowadays
Johan Hegg said as young man they were opening up for Carcass (IMO it was Carcass) now that band opens up for them
----

apos;'
[image]
29.12.2014 - 20:26
Infernal Eternal

Written by Bad English on 29.12.2014 at 16:24

Written by Infernal Eternal on 29.12.2014 at 14:02

I love bothe Bathory and Amon Amarth, although the latter keep on usingthe same fucking riffs. Bathory were a truly influential band.

they were, but changed a lot and early era albums was boring IMO, nowadayus it wont work, Venom poser rip of (yes Venom is posers) AA are influential band nowadays
Johan Hegg said as young man they were opening up for Carcass (IMO it was Carcass) now that band opens up for them

Lol I love Carcass!
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter