Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth

23.05.2011 - 20:20
Lucas
Mr. Noise
A brand-new, shiny and thoroughly exciting topic for Amon Amarth! The last question asked on the original topic was:

"So did anyone go to that night with Amon Amarth tour in the U.S. Was it boring? Good?"

Discuss!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.05.2011 - 20:38
Coolingsrock

I wasnt there but i sure as hell bet it wasnt boring
23.05.2011 - 20:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Yeah, not really a huge fan of Amon Amarth, but the one show of theirs I've seen they put on a really solid show. I guess they're just one of those bands that knows what they're doing when it comes to stage work.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.05.2011 - 20:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Saw them at Hellfest and although totally not my cup of death metal tea they did know what they were doing and what they did they did well. They gave the fans what the fans wanted.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.05.2011 - 21:02
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Saw them in Cleveland, and let me tell you it was anything but boring. This is the second time I've seen AA at this venue, the place is pretty small, and this second go round was wild. The place had to be filled beyond capacity, there were fucking people everywhere! Now as far as the actual show is concerned, the two set lists was a ballsy idea on part of the band, and it seemed to pay off. However IMO I could have done with out Surtur Rising being played in its entirety, most likely because it was the first time I had heard the damn thing. On the other hand set list # 2 showcased material spanning AA's entire back catalog, so I cannot see how anyone could be disappointed. The energy that AA gave off was just great, and Hegg is the perfect frontman, he seamlessly synthesizes intensity and crowd connection. All in all one hell of a show, there are few things better than busting your brains out during Death in Fire and Pursuit of Vikings live.
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
23.05.2011 - 21:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.05.2011 at 20:59

Saw them at Hellfest and although totally not my cup of death metal tea they did know what they were doing and what they did they did well. They gave the fans what the fans wanted.

Saw them in Luleå 2 years ago and also I have heard from ppl, reda rewiew they are one of those band sliike DT , AE , who always give to ppl what they want , they are profesionals at playing and ppl get satifaction, all shows are same level and qiality . But thats what I heard and read, I havnt seen so many bands live
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.05.2011 - 23:00
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
I never see they live, but i'm sure they are the best!
23.05.2011 - 23:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
If there exists a band that makes me want to get over my fear of crowds, it's Amon Amarth. I'd love to see them live, the DVDs I've seen of their live performances are awesome and it looks like a lot of fun.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.05.2011 - 00:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Amon Amarth are what Unleashed would be if you castrated them.
24.05.2011 - 02:10
Symmachus

I have not seen Amon Amarth live, but I would like to one of these days.
24.05.2011 - 02:28
Mad Mike

Amon Amarth is the AC/DC of Melodeath: All their songs are pretty much interchangeable, both musically and lyrically, but it's a great formula, and it sounds awesome live.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
24.05.2011 - 07:25
Yojimbo

I tried to see them in Denver. But it was sold out! I was really surprised they were that popular. I'm on an island out here in Boulder so I have no idea what's popular with the kids these days. Apparently it's death metal. Maybe the world's not in such a bad place after all.
24.05.2011 - 10:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 24.05.2011 at 00:14

Amon Amarth are what Unleashed would be if you castrated them.

Stop harassing me. You're now ignored. LOL

I think it was K7 up there who said it right - they're professionals. As much as it may be hard to hear, bands that treat stage work as a job do really put on better shows. From what I've gathered the more emotion the person puts on their live performances, the more inconsistent the quality of those performances are - you might get a crazy, exciting performance one night if they're in a good mood and a complete waste of money the next night if they happen to be in a bad mood. Professionals know how to push their emotions aside and go out and give the crowd what they paid for regardless.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.05.2011 - 18:00
Zangah

4 letters,

d
o
p
e

that is all
31.05.2011 - 19:52
MeloDeathViking

Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.05.2011 at 23:11

If there exists a band that makes me want to get over my fear of crowds, it's Amon Amarth. I'd love to see them live, the DVDs I've seen of their live performances are awesome and it looks like a lot of fun.

I have yet to see them live, but as you said, if the DVDs are any indication of how they actually perform, I'd go out of my way to see them. I like the fact that it seems like it's not just about the music, but also the atmosphere they are creating. A bands stage presence is just as important as the music they are playing.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
24.06.2011 - 04:48
MarioVillalobos

They fucking rulez, is a great band to see in live, well i only had one oportunity to see amon amarth and was in de 2009, but was fucking great!!!!
24.06.2011 - 12:56
JÄY
Metal slave
I never knew death growls could sound so good live. but when youre 20 ft tall, like johan, your lungs can hold 1,600 cubit ft. of air, so.....
26.06.2011 - 03:27
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
They have been hit or miss with me. Not one of my favorites, but its exactly something that I would listen to. All the songs sound the same in a weird way. Maybe I like progression in a bands career.
04.07.2011 - 13:27
Samuel
Hamster wheel
I went to their show in Portland OR and it was alright I mean they played all of Sutur Rising as their first set. The Entire album... They played some other songs for their second set they jumped into Death in Fire randomly from some song i didnt recognize but they really tried to play something from every album it seemed on the second set. I was just bummed about all of Sutur Rising cause im not the biggest fan of it.
Over all the crowd was decent around somewhere between 1,000 and 2,000 people and 3 hours of Viking metal... it was a fun show and of course they ended with the Pursuit of Vikings
10.08.2011 - 07:27
Pinki

Seen them play in edmonton, alberta.. they put on an amazing show.
10.08.2011 - 07:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Pinki on 10.08.2011 at 07:27

Lucky. I might be moving back to Edmonton in October so I'll finally be able to see some good bands live.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.08.2011 - 11:57
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I'm going to see them this November for the 4th time. I just can't get enough of seeing AA live, they just always make an amazing show!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
11.08.2011 - 03:08
Pinki

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.08.2011 at 07:55

Written by Pinki on 10.08.2011 at 07:27

Lucky. I might be moving back to Edmonton in October so I'll finally be able to see some good bands live.

opeth is coming october 10th and amon amarth said next year they will come back for there 20th anniversary or something.
11.08.2011 - 03:20
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Wish I could see the those Melodeath Masters with all the Viking effects live...
15.10.2011 - 05:59
second_coming89
Account deleted
Why is this in the "Extreme Metal" forum? they're melodic

anyway. Besides their incredible musical ability, the actual song lyrics......they are incomparable! So much feeling, such great atmosphere they evoke! Whoever writes the lyrics in the band......he is a true poet!
25.10.2011 - 15:33
LichBorne

Guys, are Amon Amarth realy Death Metal? they are more singing about vikings, hystory warfare, mythology... then death.
even the name of the band (Mount Doom) is took from Lord of the Rings. I think its a name for tower...
25.10.2011 - 18:35
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by LichBorne on 25.10.2011 at 15:33

Guys, are Amon Amarth realy Death Metal? they are more singing about vikings, hystory warfare, mythology... then death.
even the name of the band (Mount Doom) is took from Lord of the Rings. I think its a name for tower...

They are melodic death metal. Lyrical themes have hardly any impact on how the genres are defined.
25.10.2011 - 19:31
Vombatus
Potorro
Agree... yet some will tell you that playing black metal with christian lyrics "aints blaks metvlz coz no worships ov SEITAAAAAAN", for example. I think it depends with whom your speaking but the genre definition should be restricted to the music itself, lyrics/images/stageplay ,etc is more esthetic than anything else.
25.10.2011 - 20:16
Savopipo

Amon Amarth have a great reputation and are obviously very competent musicians but personally I only find them boring and a bit silly with the viking thing.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
25.10.2011 - 20:16
Savopipo

Amon Amarth have a great reputation and are obviously very competent musicians but personally I only find them boring and a bit silly with the viking thing.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com