Metal Storm logo
Favorite Track On Rust In Peace by Megadeth

Poll

What is your favorite track on Megadeth's Rust In Peace?

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Tornado of Souls
Hangar 18
Rust In Peace...Polaris
Take No Prisoners
Poison Was The Cure
Dawn Patrol
Five Magics
Lucretia

Total votes: 75
25.05.2011 - 03:39
king_matt
Whew, just enough poll options

Anyways, what's your favorite song on Megadeth's Rust In Peace?

I personally like Rust In Peace...Polaris the best. Everything about that song is great. The riffs, chorus, lyrics, everything. But I'd like to hear your opinion. Which is YOUR favorite?
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
25.05.2011 - 03:45
Metal_4Ever
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Awesome !!! \m/
27.05.2011 - 03:05
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Tornado Of Souls. Rust In Peace is an album that I listened to many times. All the songs are great, but this one really stands out for me. If I would order the songs, it'd go this way:
1.Tornado Of Souls
2.Hangar 18
3.Holy Wars
4.Five Magics
5.Lucretia
7.Dawn Patrol
8.Take No Prisoners
9.Poison Was The Cure
10.Rust In Peace...Polaris (This one needs some more listens maybe.)
27.05.2011 - 03:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
From the first time I heard the album, "Tornado Of Souls" has always been my fave song on it. The whole album is great, but there's just something extra special about that song. The melodies, the emotive qualities in it's sound, and of course, the amazing solo by Marty which is definitely one of the greatest guitar solos of all time. xD In fact, hearing that solo confirmed in my mind that I had to be a guitarist, which I did become shortly afterwards. lol
27.05.2011 - 03:27
JD
Account deleted
For me "Dawn Patrol" one of the first songs i've played on my bass "with pick"
27.05.2011 - 03:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^ I've always seen "Dawn Patrol" as sort of like an intro or prelude to the following track (and final track on the album) "Rust In Peace... Polaris". I dunno if it was intended that way, or it's just the way I see it, but the length of the song, plus it's lyrical content and sound makes me think of it as a partner song to the title track.

One day, Im going to get a bass and learn that song.
27.05.2011 - 03:35
JD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.05.2011 at 03:31

^^ I've always seen "Dawn Patrol" as sort of like an intro or prelude to the following track (and final track on the album) "Rust In Peace... Polaris". I dunno if it was intended that way, or it's just the way I see it, but the length of the song, plus it's lyrical content and sound makes me think of it as a partner song to the title track.

One day, Im going to get a bass and learn that song.

The theard asked for a favorite song not the best song and "Dawn Patrol" is my first song that i've listened on Rust in peace, its so special to me
27.05.2011 - 03:45
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 27.05.2011 at 03:35
The theard asked for a favorite song not the best song and "Dawn Patrol" is my first song that i've listened on Rust in peace, its so special to me

But if it's your favourite, surely you'd also think it was the best? hehee Really, "Dawn Patrol" was the first track on the album that you heard? That's interesting, seeing as it's near the end of the album. How did that happen?

The first song I heard from the album was "Holy Wars..." on the Radio 1 chart show, before the album was released, and it absolutely terrified me! But I was only 13 at the time, and I hadn't been into metal for that long, so my ears weren't prepared for that ferocious assault when I first heard it on the chart show. lol
27.05.2011 - 04:17
JD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.05.2011 at 03:45

Written by Guest on 27.05.2011 at 03:35

But if it's your favourite, surely you'd also think it was the best? hehee Really, "Dawn Patrol" was the first track on the album that you heard? That's interesting, seeing as it's near the end of the album. How did that happen?

I heard it while watching their DVD "arsenal.." this song made me listen to the whole album
27.05.2011 - 09:24
Reza
Account deleted
Tornado of Souls is great ( and my favorite song )
29.05.2011 - 00:08
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Tornado Of Souls
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
29.05.2011 - 00:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Hard question! From memory, I'll say Holy Wars, but I'm going to listen to this again before I vote.
29.05.2011 - 05:59
Richard
elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.05.2011 at 03:22

From the first time I heard the album, "Tornado Of Souls" has always been my fave song on it. The whole album is great, but there's just something extra special about that song.

Yep, Tornado of Souls got my vote for that reason as well. This song always stood out a little bit more, although the album as a whole is great, and something I used to listen to rather regularly. It's one of those songs that I knew inside out, drumming along to on my legs with every little fill-in memorised!
----
29.05.2011 - 06:33
Ghostdancer
Rust In Peace...Polaris. I don't know exactly what it is, it just sticks with me. As a matter of fact, the song is in my head right now (just from thinking about it.) It's a difficult decision though, because there are a few other tracks on there I love too. Tornado Of Souls, Holy Wars...The Punishment Due and Five Magics.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
20.08.2011 - 03:08
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.05.2011 at 03:22

From the first time I heard the album, "Tornado Of Souls" has always been my fave song on it. The whole album is great, but there's just something extra special about that song. The melodies, the emotive qualities in it's sound, and of course, the amazing solo by Marty which is definitely one of the greatest guitar solos of all time. xD In fact, hearing that solo confirmed in my mind that I had to be a guitarist, which I did become shortly afterwards. lol

29.09.2011 - 13:30
I personally prefer Hangar 18. I had real good fun learning to play that. However, they are all equally as good.
01.10.2011 - 12:30
Luneth
Account deleted
The Punishment Due.
01.10.2011 - 13:34
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Take No Prisoners. It's also my favourite Megadeth song, and definitely one of my 10 favourite thrash songs. It has everything that's great about thrash metal.
02.10.2011 - 20:32
Mattybu
Poison Was the Cure for me, they ripped that one hard during the anniversary tour and it's just a really Megadeth-y song.
03.10.2011 - 18:14
soadbyob
Account deleted
Killing for religion, something I don't understand!
03.10.2011 - 20:00
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
How can I choose?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.10.2011 - 01:34
edgethrasherx
Always loved holy wars, until i listened to Rust in Peace...Polaris more, and i started to love that one!
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
12.10.2011 - 22:10
Gothroman
Account deleted
Hangarrrr 18
26.12.2011 - 08:38
AndrewLyngwa
"Poison Was The Cure" was one of the best songs according to me. I still listen to it when I'm heartbroken! It is short (not lengthy and boring), with great riffs and masterpiece solo. Overall, it is short, deadly and lethal.
27.12.2011 - 00:18
king_matt
I'm surprised nobody's voted for Lucretia. Definitely one of my favorites!
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
27.12.2011 - 19:13
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Written by king_matt on 27.12.2011 at 00:18

I'm surprised nobody's voted for Lucretia. Definitely one of my favorites!

Same here.
27.12.2011 - 19:47
NLthrasher
For me it's Holy wars by far, I really love the part somewhere in the middle where the song takes a whole different turn and changes mood.
01.01.2012 - 17:09
Hangar 18 is one of my favourite Megadeth songs
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
21.09.2012 - 23:05
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
While I was never the biggest megadeth fan (or thrash fan in general), I have to admit, Holy Wars... The Punishment Due is pretty fucking sick.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
21.09.2012 - 23:11
Chaosjunkie
Hanger 18 for sure