Metal Storm logo
Myrkskog

18.05.2006 - 00:25
Baz Anderson

I would like to think more people will know Myrkskog now and want to say something about them in here compared to last time.
Myrkskog are probably best known because Secthdamon and Destructhor are, or were also in Zyklon

It really disappoints me the amount of people who know Zyklon well, but dont know Myrkskog. It is a big shame because everyone who I know that knows both these bands definatly prefers Myrkskog, as do I.
Yes Zyklon are a very good band, but I really think Myrkskog are better - and so if you are reading this not knowing Myrkskog, then I am sure you will not regret listening to a few tracks somewhere.

They have two albums, 'Deathmachine' from 2000 and 'Superior Massacre' from 2003. Both albums are just as amazing as each other, but I think i prefer 'Superior Massacre' - the album rea;;y is just fantastic and has excellent production as well.

So as this is the only thread on Myrkskog, please tell me what you all think of the band and which album you prefer, etc. I would be interested to hear anything you have to say - especially if this thread got you to listen to some stuff and you'd like to pass off your opinion.

Thanks! I feel this band really does deserve more recognition.
20.05.2006 - 02:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I actually heard Myrkskog well before I heard Zyklon somehow. Myrkskog is amazingly fast and has extremely brutal drumming. Zyklon is also really good, but I hope Secthdamon and Destructhor will still continue with Myrkskog and not leave it to focus on Zyklon.

I also have both albums and prefer Superior Massacre, but Deathmachine is still great. Superior Massacre is a little more in-your-face-kick-you-in-the-throat brutal.
20.05.2006 - 15:39
Baz Anderson

yeh it is - both albums are fantastic though
i really hope they go on as well - i think they are supposed to be writing stuff for a new album though, so if they are - i cannot wait for that!

even though i love Trym's drumming, i think Sechtdaemon's drumming in Myrkskog is a lot better

it looks like this thread it going to be just me and you.. haha
it is a real shame not many people know them when they do Zyklon
21.05.2006 - 01:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I posted this link in the "vs" thread, but I'll post it again so there will be more of a chance of someone listening to it

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=46383842
21.05.2006 - 01:34
Daru Jericho

Baz, you were right: Myrkskog are the better band. I think they're awesome and hope that Zyklon doesn't mean the end of them. It seems more 'deathy' than Zyklon, better drumming too.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

21.05.2006 - 01:50
Terrorist
Account deleted
Years ago I heard the song "Synthetic Lifeworm" on an Extreme Metal compilation, and it amazed me. It was very strong Black/Death with an elextric, industrial-like noise that was completely new for me in the genre. Then, I saw their album "Deathmachine" in a second-handed store and of course I bought it immediately. Well, it got old fastly, and now I have it forgotten for years in some corner of my CD collection. Well, it turned boring after a while, but they're certainly a better band that Zyklon, that IMO are extremely overrated.
21.05.2006 - 04:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm glad to see that Baz and I aren't the only people who have heard this band. I was worried for a moment.
21.05.2006 - 18:38
Baz Anderson

Daru Jericho: yessssss thats one more on our side. haha. i am glad you like them more too!
not meaning any disrespect to Zyklon or anything though - they are a very good band too

and it looks like we have another on our side as well
hopefully we can introduce a lot more people to Myrkskog

pyroleprechaun: haha yes - i thought it could well have just been me and you - but still there is only four of us at the moment. hopefully more will come in soon
13.06.2006 - 14:59
Basso
Account deleted
Myrskog was cool. But I dont really know what I like the most. Zyklons World Ov Worms is a great cd. And all I heard from Myrskog was 4 samples on myspace ^^.
15.06.2006 - 14:19
Baz Anderson

'World Ov Worms' is by far the best Zyklon album in my opinion, but i dont think that is as good as either of the Myrkskog albums
- seriously, you should really consider buying the two Myrkskog ones, a lot of people seem to think they are better then the Zyklon albums, they are well worth it - trust us!
23.06.2006 - 02:00
Basso
Account deleted
I will without doubt consider it the next time I am in crush-mood while ordering cds
23.06.2006 - 14:30
Baz Anderson

haha yay
weird coincidence as well because i am half way through listening to 'Deathmachine' at the moment. haha
24.06.2006 - 15:01
Basso
Account deleted
I listened a little more at them and got the impression that I really like the Superior Massacre sound, but I find the Deathmachine rather dull in comparision to S.M.. What album do you guys think is the best? (Mainly want to hear your oppinion before I know which to order).
24.06.2006 - 20:27
Baz Anderson

well everyone that has had an opinion definatly thinks 'Superior Massacre' is better
you should get them both though - they are both brilliant, and then you would be able to say you owned all the Myrkskog albums
24.06.2006 - 21:16
Basso
Account deleted
Hehe. I will start of by Superior Massacre then.
24.06.2006 - 21:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
One more on your side. I love them.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
25.06.2006 - 21:44
Baz Anderson

yep slowly winning people over
i really hope they get on with doing their third album. there is supposed to be one in the works somewhere along the line - but i guess all the Zyklon stuff gets in the way
i expect very good things from them though, so i hope they deliver the goods when they finally do
22.09.2006 - 12:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had hear one song in BMradio in that time when thay didnt updted I think episode 70 or something nd I dont like it, I read thay play BM but it was death metal and ehh album cover remainds me industrial
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.11.2006 - 20:50
Baz Anderson

this band has now been added! here is their profile:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=2195&bandname=Myrkskog
15.11.2006 - 00:13
Basso
Account deleted
I still havent bought Superior Massacre yet, and I have such a huge list of stuff to buy.... Im afraid I will end upp downloading this before buying it.
15.11.2006 - 14:36
Baz Anderson

well you could download it first maybe, then that might make you want to buy it more. haha
i listened to it yesterday when i was getting all their information together to add them - and i still think it is an insane album
its probably one of my favorite death metal albums!
15.11.2006 - 19:50
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.11.2006 at 14:36

well you could download it first maybe, then that might make you want to buy it more. haha
i listened to it yesterday when i was getting all their information together to add them - and i still think it is an insane album

I suppose I will have to do that, but my downloading morals is getting stricter and stricter ^^, feel ashamed to download it but when the economy wants to litteraly crush your face with a bicycle wrapped in barbed wire, you have to give in.
15.11.2006 - 19:58
Baz Anderson

Written by Guest on 15.11.2006 at 19:50

Written by Baz Anderson on 15.11.2006 at 14:36

I suppose I will have to do that, but my downloading morals is getting stricter and stricter ^^, feel ashamed to download it but when the economy wants to litteraly crush your face with a bicycle wrapped in barbed wire, you have to give in.

yeh - i am downloading less and less nowadays
i recently wanted to look into Saxon and download three albums, but then after hearing them went ahed and bought 15 Saxon albums off the internet even though i hadnt heard most them
(most of them seem to be really good - and it feels good to own them and listen to them for the first time too)

but yeh - do what you can to get hold of 'Superior Massacre' Secthdamon's drumming is just some of the most insane stuff i have heard
he must be a man of many talents to play drums that good. he used to play guitar for Myrkskog and played bass for Emperor this year as well - so he could be his own little one man band if he wanted. haha
15.11.2006 - 20:08
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.11.2006 at 19:58

yeh - i am downloading less and less nowadays
i recently wanted to look into Saxon and download three albums, but then after hearing them went ahed and bought 15 Saxon albums off the internet even though i hadnt heard most them
(most of them seem to be really good - and it feels good to own them and listen to them for the first time too)

but yeh - do what you can to get hold of 'Superior Massacre' Secthdamon's drumming is just some of the most insane stuff i have heard
he must be a man of many talents to play drums that good. he used to play guitar for Myrkskog and played bass for Emperor this year as well - so he could be his own little one man band if he wanted. haha

About the downloading: yes I myself only download the "hard to reach" stuff mostly, the kvlt BM stuff I could even dream of getting in my corrent situation, and something similiar happened to me as well, heard the song "Fagning" by Windir, and immediatly bought all of their releases ^^. Awesome band.

About Sachtdeamon, he is indeed a multi talent monster, being both a shredder, rumbler and a blastbeast, now that is indeed awesome!
It wouldnt surprise me to much if his vocals where brutal as hell either. He sure does look brutal XD
15.11.2006 - 20:13
Baz Anderson

yeh! if i could do all that, i wouldnt bother with anyone else - id just be writing and recording stuff by myself
i cant even play one this at the moment though. haha - not properly anyway
but oh well, theres time to learn i guess