Metal Storm logo
Barren Earth - Have Entered The Studio

Finland's progressive death/doom metal band Barren Earth have entered Helsinki's Sonic Pump Studios to record the follow-up to last year's highly acclaimed debut album, Curse of the Red River.

The band has written 12 new songs, and is currently laying them down with engineer/co-producer Jukka Varmo. Dan Swanö ( Katatonia, Opeth) will once again be at the mixing helm. The tracks mainly continue in the vein of the previous record, having perhaps even more 70's prog influences, but maintaining the basic heaviness and brutality one has come to associate with Barren Earth.

The album is due for release in autumn 2011 on Peaceville Records, and the artwork will be made by Paul Romano ( Mastodon, etc.). Studio reports will be updated at Barren Earth's Facebook page.

Barren Earth recently completed a successful US tour with countrymen Finntroll & Ensiferum, as well as receiving the accolades of "Newcomer of the Year" at the Finnish Metal Awards, and "Best debut album" at the Metal Storm Awards 2010 for Curse of the Red River.

Source: peaceville.com
Band profile: Barren Earth
Posted: 01.06.2011 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 53 users
01.06.2011 - 17:27
Czerny Reiter

I'm highly stoked for this. Being the third release in 3 consecutive years is very nice.
01.06.2011 - 18:36
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Interesting. I was just thinking from dropping my girlfriend home from work how Barren Earth should release a new album. I must have wireless metal news powers or something.
02.06.2011 - 02:33
MeloDeathViking

My favorite news of the year so far. I LOVED their last album
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
02.06.2011 - 03:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Awesome news made more so by the fact Peaceville made note of the MS Awards.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.06.2011 - 10:51
Justicelust

I'm eagerly waiting for this
16.06.2011 - 06:59
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
My expectations are EXTREMELY high for this...
----
rekt

Hits total: 2365 | This month: 2