Metal Storm logo
Amplifier

02.06.2011 - 08:05
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Another great band that don't seem to have any mention on metalstorm. These guys definitely need to be checked out, a very underated band.

Amplifier are an alternative spacey rock trio from England. The band has released 3 albums and a couple of EPs. I would recommend all of them as I don't find any of them lacking in any way.
Amplifier are pretty much in it for the music, they haven't seemed to be lucky with labels and have struggled and endured to still release some great music. They recently released an epic 2 hour album, Octopus, which again has some very psychedelic trippy tracks on them.

The music can be definited as dark spacey alternative psychedelic rock with some great melodies and vocals.
The trio are a talented bunch and put out nothing short of perfection. The band adds so many layers to each song that the listener is just stunned everytime he listens to a song. Sel (the vocalist) does a fantastic job with the vocals, I think he writes some great vocal melodies that hook the listener from the start. Neil (bass) gives a great backing to all their tracks with some incredible bass work and not to forget Matt on drums who even though does nothing extraordinary, still gives the music a great feel. All in all a great band that I recommend to everyone, not just non metalheads, and a definite stoner treat as well

I hope you guys take time out to give these guys a listen, and hopefully enjoy them as much as I do.
I suggest checking out their self titled debut Amplifier, Panzer being my favourite track off the album, but you can pick anyone off the album and still be impressed on first listen.

http://amplifier.bandcamp.com/album/amplifier
www.amplifiertheband.com
http://www.myspace.com/amplifiertheband
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
02.06.2011 - 17:15
MechanisT
Account deleted
Pretty interesting description. Certainly caught my interest, although it remains to be seen whether or not they're my cup of tea. I'll make check them out in the meanwhile.
02.06.2011 - 18:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Quite nice. I had their Myspace songs playing for a bit in the background before I remembered what I was listening to.
02.06.2011 - 18:53
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
I suggest checking out the bandcamp link with their self titled album. Thats my favourite and the one that got me hooked onto these guys. http://amplifier.bandcamp.com/album/amplifier
----

Last fm
Don't click here
04.06.2011 - 05:14
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
I really like The Octopus, a bit over-long, but still enjoyable. Was on my list of albums to check out from last year...
07.06.2011 - 11:27
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
I have not listened to them yet so I have no opinion for or against this band being a good band but based on your description of "alternative spacey rock" and "dark spacey alternative psychedelic rock" I would be inclined to say that the bit about them being alternative rock is what has disqualified them from being listed or discussed on METALstorm. Sorry if I burst that bubble but I felt obligated to inform of this observation...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

07.06.2011 - 16:35
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
This site does not exist in a vacuum... I guess you haven't seen the Lady Gaga thread?
07.06.2011 - 16:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Introspekrieg on 07.06.2011 at 16:35

This site does not exist in a vacuum... I guess you haven't seen the Lady Gaga thread?

I guess some people just like to state the bleeding obvious sometimes.
07.06.2011 - 19:41
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by psykometal on 07.06.2011 at 11:27

I have not listened to them yet so I have no opinion for or against this band being a good band but based on your description of "alternative spacey rock" and "dark spacey alternative psychedelic rock" I would be inclined to say that the bit about them being alternative rock is what has disqualified them from being listed or discussed on METALstorm. Sorry if I burst that bubble but I felt obligated to inform of this observation...

uhhh, don't you see the Rawk forum page?? Just check the band out, lol
----

Last fm
Don't click here
09.06.2011 - 11:12
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
All you people in the UK who are headed for the sonishphere festival in the UK can check them out at the Jagermeister stage on the 10th of july
----

Last fm
Don't click here
09.06.2011 - 14:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Spirit Molecule on 09.06.2011 at 11:12

All you people in the UK who are headed for the sonishphere festival in the UK can check them out at the Jagermeister stage on the 10th of july

I'll be doing just that after listening to (half) of The Octopus, damn fine shizzle. I'll listen to the other half of it today (the first part strangely enough). They'll be great to chill out to at Sonisphere.
10.06.2011 - 09:33
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Yeah for sure. Probably get a couple of listens of their self titled down and trip out to them. I love doing that actually. Smoke a couple and sit and chill to amplifier
----

Last fm
Don't click here
07.03.2012 - 15:53
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
So these dudes are releasing an EPIC limited edition boxset of their new album 'The Octopus' its called The Octopus Version 2.0

http://www.amplifiermerchandise.com/octopusspecialedition2.html

Check it out. I would love to get my hands on this, but shipping is a bitch. I'm going to get soon enough
----

Last fm
Don't click here