Metal Storm logo
Your one man project/band

Original post

Posted by Soliloquy, 20.09.2006 - 23:58
i know a bunch of you have your lil one man bands or stuff on myspace or whatever. post em here, instead of creating 100's of different pages.

and i'm doing a crappy job at it too. but meh, i'm having fun
20.01.2024 - 14:03
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Written by Metren on 02.01.2023 at 16:32

Written by Netzach on 01.01.2023 at 04:40

Here's some demo songs for my newly started project. I'm making it all on the computer except for the guitars which are courtesy by Ophiuchi. Not finished yet, got mixing and possibly adding vox, but I'd love any feedback.

It's always difficult to judge an unfinished work. I appreciate the strange rhythms though and I like the change in tempo and key at around 1:25 in "A Cog." Some beautiful melodies too around that point and again at around 3-minutes (I assume that's the chorus?) The best advice I can give is to just keep working, improving and to REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN! You're an official reviewer on MS yourself, so I probably don't need to tell you this, but whenever you share new material, be prepared for more negative feedback too. Criticism, even when delivered harshly is necessary, as is learning from it. When I started Dreadrealm (back then named Arcanewind), I sometimes got what felt like harsh criticism to songs that I thought were the best thing I'd ever done. Looking back, the critics were right and had I become too confident in my creations, I might not have improved my songwriting and production as much as I have now. Best of luck on your musical journey! I'll be here to give feedback whenever I can.

After a bad computer crash, I've salvaged the project and added some vocals and lyrics to the first song, and started working on a third (out of hopefully four) songs. I'll probably redo it a bit with better equipment later but this is the general idea... For the second song I'll be a bit more ambitious, we'll see how it turns out.

SoundCloud link
23.01.2024 - 15:16
nonZero
I found this the other day, it was the first thing I ever wrote and recorded back in 2011. The bongos were a strange choice but overall not too shabby!

----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
09.03.2024 - 17:53
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Well, I have made a lot of progress with my project, and am close to releasing a debut album. Meanwhile, I created a Bandcamp page where I've uploaded two of the finished songs - I'm just waiting for the guitar parts for the rest of the songs and it'll be ready to go. It sounds like this: Maladomini
17.03.2024 - 18:36
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
I posted in the shoutbox earlier today, but I thought I could post it here as well.
New Lovecraftian song: https://youtu.be/ACeEHZqQIzw

By the way, can anyone guess what the cover art is? It's a real photo I took, and I chose it because it looks like a starry sky... but is it that really, or something else?
17.03.2024 - 19:04
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by F3ynman2000 on 17.03.2024 at 18:36

By the way, can anyone guess what the cover art is?

Just a wild guess, but I think it's a muddy pond infested by algae, and the bright spots are pollen floating on the surface of the water.
Cool track!
----
signatures = SPAM
17.03.2024 - 19:06
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Starvynth on 17.03.2024 at 19:04

Just a wild guess, but I think it's a muddy pond infested by algae, and the bright spots are pollen floating on the surface of the water.
Cool track!

Thanks! And it's a good guess, and I can see the resemblance, but, unfortunately, that's not it.
18.03.2024 - 15:55
Metren
Dreadrealm

I posted in the shoutbox earlier today, but I thought I could post it here as well.
New Lovecraftian song: https://youtu.be/ACeEHZqQIzw

By the way, can anyone guess what the cover art is? It's a real photo I took, and I chose it because it looks like a starry sky... but is it that really, or something else?

This is indeed a cool song! I like how it keeps building and getting creepier and those dissonant higher notes during the final section are a very nice touch. As for the cover art, I dare not offer a guess as to what it is, haha.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
20.03.2024 - 20:25
Metren
Dreadrealm
Last year, I returned to my alternative rock project Morbid Romance, which also has minimal punk elements. Behold, the debut album:

Just like Dreadrealm, Morbid Romance is a one-person endeavor, although my friends and wife sometimes contribute with ideas and feedback. Unlike Dreadrealm, creating music for Morbid Romance is a fun and light-hearted experience, especially with the lyrics leaning into darkly comedic (or possibly just cringe) territory. The majority of the lyrics are in my native language, but I’ve provided translations in the YouTube comments. Proceed with caution while listening and have fun! I know I had a fun time making this album... though not always.

A link for those who prefer to listen on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0aFzJix4ouUS2qNFU9ZUEd?si=QTIXOzwrTiu_UXm5zDGeog
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
16.04.2024 - 14:19
Metren
Dreadrealm
Guess who was the producer/mixer on this happy piece of music:

----
18.04.2024 - 07:50
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Starvynth on 17.03.2024 at 19:04

Cool track!

Alright, I'll reveal it. Here's a zoomed out version of the picture:

It's ice on the hood of a car!
20.04.2024 - 22:51
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by F3ynman2000 on 18.04.2024 at 07:50

Ha! Thanks for finally the disclosing the mystery. The other day, I actually thought again about whether anyone would ever solve your little riddle, but I would never have guessed ice on a hood in a million years.
----
signatures = SPAM
20.04.2024 - 23:39
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Starvynth on 20.04.2024 at 22:51

Written by F3ynman2000 on 18.04.2024 at 07:50

Ha! Thanks for finally the disclosing the mystery. The other day, I actually thought again about whether anyone would ever solve your little riddle, but I would never have guessed ice on a hood in a million years.

Very pretty ice formations, I might add.
Yeah I couldn't contain the secret any longer. Thanks for giving it a go, it definitely was a tough one. Maybe I'll make this a running photo-puzzle series, who knows
23.04.2024 - 05:49
Paulus
Hi. Please check my new one man death metal band project. I published my first single. I need your comments and supports.

sadblackgoat.hearnow.com
24.04.2024 - 20:25
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Here's my second Lovecraft-inspired song with lyrics from his "Polaris" short story. Mixing and mastering once again by Metren of Dreadrealm
Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBWTX51-OZw