Manowar vs Virgin Steele

Poll

Which one you think is better?

Manowar
Virign Steele

Total votes: 69
08.06.2011 - 14:34
Nyoink
These are very good bands in my opinion... though many people say that Manowar are the true kings of epic metal, while others say that Virgin Steele are too underestimated... So im making a poll to see... Please, do not vote if you havent heard songs of the bands!
08.06.2011 - 14:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How can you compare those Manowar has good songs but every album has werry boring and lame songs so as far I remeber from listening VS they have no any bad album , and lats one was exelent and much heavyer how M can be so no doubt I vote for VS ... Victory Is Mine
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.06.2011 - 14:41
Nyoink
Well, lots of people compare them... im not exception Especially in my country xD
08.06.2011 - 14:53
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Easily Virgin Steele
08.06.2011 - 15:03
immortal83
I have heard Virgin Steele and I don't like them. I vote for Manowar without any doubts. And I also say that they are very different in style, for example, Hammerfall is more similar to Manowar than Virgin Steele, but it's just my opinion
08.06.2011 - 15:31
Costa
Written by R'Vannith on 08.06.2011 at 14:53

Easily Virgin Steele

Same here
08.06.2011 - 16:26
NyarlathoTim
Manowar is better because they told me so.

(Full disclosure: I didn't actually vote because I haven't heard enough Virgin Steele to make an informed comparison.)
----
Burning Shadows - US Power Metal
Recently Vacated Graves - Zombie Metal
Isenmor - Folk Metal
08.06.2011 - 17:53
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Manowar Manowar living on the road!
When we're in town speakers explode!
08.06.2011 - 19:29
Jack---
I voted Manowar. For me Virgin Steele is just anothor typically 80'ies heavy metal, in the same vein as W.A.S.P. , Quiet Riot, Dokken, Ratt and so on.. I love all those 80'ies band, but for me Manowar (and Iron Maiden and Judas Priest) is just another league above them.. I can't quite explain it.. but.. jep xD
----
Everything was perfect. Then came the 90's..
09.06.2011 - 06:43
PrettyMao
Written by Jack--- on 08.06.2011 at 19:29

I voted Manowar. For me Virgin Steele is just anothor typically 80'ies heavy metal, in the same vein as W.A.S.P. , Quiet Riot, Dokken, Ratt and so on.. I love all those 80'ies band, but for me Manowar (and Iron Maiden and Judas Priest) is just another league above them.. I can't quite explain it.. but.. jep xD

Are you fucking shitting me?!?! Obviously you haven't heard too much of Virgin Steele's catalog if you think they are similar to those 80s hair bands.

Manowar are a bunch of poseurs who have managed to convince themselves that they are the true kings of metal. They are like that lame kid at school who makes up his own nick name and expects others to call him by that, but no one takes them seriously except themselves. It's about time they left the fucking hall...

And if I were Iron Maiden or Judas Priest I'd come and slap your ass for even putting my name in the same sentence as Manowar....
----
The Mao loves you all!!!

**KISS**KISS**
09.06.2011 - 11:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Jack--- on 08.06.2011 at 19:29

i have heard only 2-3 songs by Virgin Steele and so I won't vote on this poll, but to compare them with Quiet Riot, Dokken and Ratt is beyond ridiculous. They are as far from 80's glam as it is possible within the traditional heavy metal genre. Would Ratt ever write a double concept album titled "The House of Atreus" Act I and II?

also, WASP have released a concept album (The Crimson Idol) and a double concept album (The Neon God) with some symphonic epic melodies here and there, so they aren't even that different from VS in some ways.

Research before you post.
09.06.2011 - 14:34
The Norseman
I like both bands. In my opinion Virgin Steele makes better albums. However, somehow Manowar has more popularity due to their charisma. It's one of those metal bands that everyone knows, even if you don't like.

Voted Virgin Steele.
09.06.2011 - 20:07
DoomGuard
Jack just trolled you all, haha

I'm a huge fan of Manowar, have most of their albums on my iPod, they may be corny but gotta love'em. Listening to Virgin Steele right now, the singer kinda reminds me of Kamelot with the calmed singing....they sound ok
28.06.2011 - 21:48
quirin
I always was a big fan of both. So different actually.
No contest, though, I voted Manowar!
29.06.2011 - 00:34
Damshak
Manowar
07.07.2011 - 20:33
Lanzaddt
Account deleted
Virgin Steele of course...!!! Manowar is more popular... that's why they´re leading...
22.08.2011 - 16:00
deflektor
Virgin Steele...i like both but in my opinion Manowar haven't released anything really great since '87-'88
22.08.2011 - 16:11
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
If I may..
Written by deflektor on 22.08.2011 at 16:00

Manowar haven't released anything great
22.08.2011 - 18:20
Hellish Star
VIRGIN STEELE - no doubts!
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
26.08.2011 - 06:36
Berserk
Manowar. Iv'e heard a lot from both bands, but Manowar sounds better...
----
Fear the Old Blood
26.08.2011 - 07:41
JCJen7
I have only ever heard virgin steele's debut (rated lowest by far on MS) so I won't vote, but so far, I have found the musicianship awesome, but the vocals terrible.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
19.02.2012 - 15:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I have been listeninmg VS some days now only 2-3 albums and you already can say VS is milion times better how Mano, there is no way how M can win, most overated band who's famose because of media , funny how they sya they are true and f media, band is know because of media , VS is better if you like metal, you can hear diference, siongs, how they play, sings , some Manowar songs is not metalk at all, and why band is silent now....no more ideas huh , maybe VS hasnt have such sucsess but band kick ass are better
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.03.2019 - 04:13
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Virgin Steele by FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
07.06.2019 - 10:34
JoHn Doe
How about neither?
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
02.12.2021 - 19:49
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
06.11.2022 - 00:14
Joppe
Steelemeister
Other bands play, Manowar kills, Virgin Steele crowns themselves as kings in the lyrics of Veni, Vidi, Vici. So, yes Virgin Steele wins, I think they were out-Manowaring or out manoeuvring Manowar on few of their records
----
My vision is augmented