Produced by Boss
Recorded at Montezuma Studio, Stockholm Sweden
Album cover design by Quorthon
Album front cover photo by Rick Ridgew and Oscar Kihlborg
Album back cover design, construction and photo by Quorthon

Guest review by
Clintagräm
Rating:
A follow up album to Hammerheart, very epic indeed, and with wonderful musicianship involved, as always. A worthy album for it's predecessor.

The album indeed starts out with an eerie wind atmosphere, it slowly adds up to loud guitars and depthy drums, very powerful indeed. The first song I think, is very great, the weakest part is probably Quorthons vocals, which maybe could've been a tad louder, and maybe better sang? Not sure, the rest of the song is just amazing work, in my opinion. Very atmospheric and somewhat doomish. It's 14 plus minute length seems to fly by as you sit and enjoy the music, it fades out with great acoustics and atmospherics (the wind.) You can practically see the mist.

Read more ››
published 15.09.2004 | Comments (9)

Found in 30 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 31   Visited by: 801 users
26.01.2022 - 12:36
Rating: 8
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by gavdann on 26.01.2022 at 10:34

Celtic Frost's 'Morbid Tales' every day of every week for me. It's top 10 favourite albums of all time material.

W.r.t Bathory though... Under the Sign of the Black Mark is my favourite album by him.

Morbid Tales is very raw stuff, one of the very first in thrash metal, eventough it's an EP I still say it's the best thing Celtic Frost has done, closely followed by To Mega Therion.

Under The Sign Of Hell was one of my first introductions to the early black metal scene, I was blown away by the sound, and still to this day I say it's the most sinister and evil album I've ever listened to, far from sounding anything like this.

Hits total: 17376 | This month: 62