03. Hisingen Blues
04. Uncomfortably Numb
05. Buying Truth (Tack Och Förlåt)
06. Longing
07. Ungrateful Are The Dead
08. Rss
09. The Siren
10. Cooking Brew [bonus]

Graveyard are a relatively new band hailing from Sweden bringing back a very old sound to our ears. Hisingen Blues is their second album of absolute classic blues rock heaven. This is hard rock with a heavy side of blues and a hint of psychedelic rock thrown in for good measure. Dirty guitars, dirty vocals, Graveyard are stuck in the 70's and it hasn't sounded better in the modern age than it does here.

Nine great songs of heavy bass guitar and Robert Plant-style howling, there is no possibility of listening to Hisingen Blues without feeling the soul of the music and tapping your foot along to the beat. Right from the off, "Ain't Fit To Live Here" is the perfect up-tempo opener for this addictive album that should feel more at home on a turntable than in a CD player. Each instrument brings its own feel to the album, culminating in a truly great album for hard rock and blues lovers.

Last song on the album "The Siren" is without exaggeration, six minutes of near-perfection that sums Hisingen Blues up in one and puts it to bed. Graveyard might not be a widely-known band, but with this album have delivered a bolt out of the blue that would be criminal to let pass without hearing. A true treat from a band with an authentic sound like none other for many years.

--

Blues hard-rock
Sweden
Length: 39:29
Nuclear Blast

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written on 12.06.2011 by Member of Staff since 2006

Comments

Comments: 17   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 349 users
12.06.2011 - 15:58
Luc
Account deleted
I completely agree with this review. This is a really good album! If you're into 60's/70's rock, this stuff is mandatory.
12.06.2011 - 16:04
Rating: 8
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Great album that evokes the feeling of nostalgia for good old times. One of the pleasant surprises this year offered me.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
13.06.2011 - 13:55
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Hmmm these guys are on TeePee, will definitely give them a listen.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
13.06.2011 - 14:38
Rating: 9
silenius

They are getting alot of attention here in sweden tbh, and they are worth it, awesome album, good review aswell!
13.06.2011 - 16:40
HateSpark

Bloody awesome album , I'm loving it .

thank you .
13.06.2011 - 17:10
malaikat

In Flames releases a piece of crap album, next thing you now, this jewel appeares.
Touché, Sweden. Touché.
13.06.2011 - 17:34
Merchant of Doom

A true treat from a band with an authentic sound like none other for many years

Can you lend me some of the hearing-altering stuff you are on, please? I might be able to enjoy a lot more music then...
13.06.2011 - 18:18
Rupert

This really does sound old eh? Good stuff.
13.06.2011 - 22:00
TheBigRossowski

Great review, man. I wouldn't have said Robert Plant-ish style, but that's just like... ugh, my opinion, man.

Nonetheless, a kick ass album! There's a lot of new/old shit on the rise these days! Check out Orchid's "Capricorn"! God damn!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
13.06.2011 - 23:27
shadowdragonfly1

Heard the songs in myspace, and have to say that i feel the need to buy this album. This is a can't miss for this year.
14.06.2011 - 04:22
Rating: 10
Fat & Sassy!

Written by TheBigRossowski on 13.06.2011 at 22:00

Great review, man. I wouldn't have said Robert Plant-ish style, but that's just like... ugh, my opinion, man.

If someone told me Robert Plant did guest vocals on the song, The Siren, I'd believe it. Imo, it not only *sounds* like him, but their vocalist sings in a very similar style, expressing his emotions in the same manner as Plant did. =3
14.06.2011 - 21:28
Storchillarn

I agree on the Plant reference. This album is good but I'd have given it a 7 because only 50% of the album is great while the other half is actually quite boring.
22.06.2011 - 00:41
Rating: 7
Yugosaki

Written by Storchillarn on 14.06.2011 at 21:28

I agree on the Plant reference. This album is good but I'd have given it a 7 because only 50% of the album is great while the other half is actually quite boring.

that's my opinion too
----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEBpRWr2IA
22.06.2011 - 23:20
Susan
Smeghead
Nom nom nom I am eating this one up. Thanks for reviewing it Baz.... you're spot on!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
26.06.2011 - 01:05
TheBigRossowski

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 14.06.2011 at 04:22

Written by TheBigRossowski on 13.06.2011 at 22:00

If someone told me Robert Plant did guest vocals on the song, The Siren, I'd believe it. Imo, it not only *sounds* like him, but their vocalist sings in a very similar style, expressing his emotions in the same manner as Plant did. =3

Actually, I do hear a bit of Plant in a few songs. Shit... wow...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
27.11.2011 - 21:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Wow, I've been on a big classic/psychedelic rock craze lately but holy goddamned shit. This album is nuts! It sounds like if in 1972 the guys in Zeppelin and Deep Purple were locked up in a studio and force-fed hash brownies for 2 weeks straight. (I'm saying this because Zeppelin had a much more focused style, while Graveyard is all over the place).
20.02.2012 - 05:29
Enoch
Account deleted
This is very good hard rock.

Hits total: 10564 | This month: 9