07. Sedition Through Scorn
08. Deprave To Redeem
09. Blind Obedience

Additional info
Release dates:
27th March - North America
2nd April - United Kingdom
6th April - Rest of Europe

Recorded, mixed and mastered at 16th Cellar Studio in November 2011.
Produced by Hour of Penance and Stefano Morabito.

Cover art by Gyula Havancsák.

Guest review by
Drummer149
Rating:
Hour of Penance are a technical death metal band from Italy. When listening to Sedition their fifth full-length release in a long thirteen year career, your heart is ripped from your chest, consumed then?handed back to you. Let us say that this album is not for the fainthearted. The first thing I noticed after the ambient-choir opening of Sedition was the amazing sounding drums, the production on this album is fantastic extremely clear sounding however not at all sounding over-produced.

Read more ››
published 11.09.2012 | Comments (1)

Honestly? Just go fucking nuts and break shit. But be quick - you've only got about a half-an-hour to tear it all down before this thing ends.

Troy Killjoy's picks | More picks ››

Found in 11 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 19   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 444 users
13.06.2011 - 21:47
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Surely for 2012...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
14.06.2011 - 01:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Fuck it, I'd be down for another 2011 release.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.06.2011 - 08:00
BreadGod
Account deleted
I just hope it will be as good as Paradogma.
15.06.2011 - 04:05
Rating: 9
ChibiDemigod

Yeah! Hell yeah this is one best news of the year Stay Metal!
29.08.2011 - 07:26
MetalSpider

Can't wait to hear their new release although I wonder if it'll be as good without Paoli on vocals on Mauro on drums.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
22.03.2012 - 15:35
Absak

This is sadly their shortest album to date. It fucking slays though!
27.03.2012 - 03:19
Baz Anderson

One hell of a blast... just what I like.
27.03.2012 - 07:00
Rating: 8
MetalDoomMaster

That was a very satisfying first listen. Amazing.
27.03.2012 - 08:31
Rating: 9
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Really solid album IMO. Although it does have its faults.

For starters, its only just over the 30 min mark which is just too short. Also due to the sheer fast-paced brutality of the record, it does lack some variety as a lot of the songs can sound quite similar if you aren't giving it your full attention. Having said all that, i still think its a great album with great musicianship - there is some fantastic riff's & impressive drumming in parts all over this record. It's loud & fucking brutal \m/
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
27.03.2012 - 11:25
Rating: 7
Tatras

I was wiped out after the first listening ... Unfortunately, after further listening I realized that I was not able to distinguish individual tracks and only the last one really grabbed me. Good album, but I do not think I heard it too often in the future.
04.04.2012 - 02:25
Rating: 6
dioDEATH

Been a fan of Hour of Penance since their 2008 release, 'The Vile Conception', I have to say this is far below my expectations. The highly over-produced sound is what really bothers me, not to mention the song writing, agreed that every single tracks sound really similar. I wouldn't say that this album is bad, but.. well, it's fine, but not nearly as impressive as The Vile Conception.
21.04.2012 - 15:11
Absak

Written by dioDEATH on 04.04.2012 at 02:25

Been a fan of Hour of Penance since their 2008 release, 'The Vile Conception', I have to say this is far below my expectations. The highly over-produced sound is what really bothers me, not to mention the song writing, agreed that every single tracks sound really similar. I wouldn't say that this album is bad, but.. well, it's fine, but not nearly as impressive as The Vile Conception.

I think the songwriting here is miles ahead of The Vile Conception but it is lacking in aggression a bit though.
Written by Coconut Racecar on 27.03.2012 at 18:49

.. i am so incredibly dissapointed that they changed their vocalist. his vocals in particular were what made me love this band over most tech bands. and within the first 10 seconds of "Enlightened Submission" my thoughts were ".. is this Behemoth or Hour Of Penance." i'm not saying this is bad, it's great, anything for HOP is great no doubt but.. in my honest opinion, it's not my favorite of their releases.

Vocals are pretty much the same except for the speed.
21.04.2012 - 17:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by dioDEATH on 04.04.2012 at 02:25
...not nearly as impressive as The Vile Conception.

Agreed, although you can't continue to expect another album like that.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.04.2012 - 22:50
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Im am enjoy this album. not to long, it keeps my short attention span.
----
Coldgrits
09.05.2012 - 04:01
psykometal
A staff guy...
Tried several times to get into The Vile Conception and Paradogma but neither of those albums held my attention for shit, got bored of them fast. Decided to check this out since they have a new drummer and new vocalist, and this album is extremely impressive to me, I've been listening to it back to back since I got it a few days ago. The riffing and especially the drumming on this album to me is just way better than the last 2 albums. This album is a fucking beast...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

18.05.2012 - 16:52
Rating: 10
thewall30

Crushing release, I fell in love with it right away
----
31.08.2012 - 23:48
Rating: 5
evilones76

This new singer is so bad...
06.02.2013 - 15:16
Warman
Erotic Stains
This is some good shit.
----
13.07.2013 - 11:54
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Mighty well death metal album. The only thing it's clearly lacking is originality, but it's such a rare beast nowadays that it should be added to the Red Book.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"

Hits total: 12403 | This month: 11