Metal Storm logo
Absurd (Ger)

Original post

Posted by -tom-, 22.09.2006 - 22:49
i only started enjoying this band about 2 or 3 months ago. i had heard the asgardsrei EP and just thought it was terrible but a few more listens and i started to see what was good about it. the fact that the mp3 version i downloaded were a bit monged didn't help.

'Facta Loquuntur' is a great album. combining catchy RAC with black metal. some songs lean more towards RAC, some more towards BM but its a great album all through.

i haven't actually heard too much of their newer stuff (releases from this decade) but what i have heard is nothing special. all the original members have been replaced and though they are better musicians fro ma technical standpoint, their newer output seems a bit passionless and unengaging compared to FL and asgardsrei.

NOTE: do not buy the recent reissue of FL by totenkopf propaganda. the sound is terrible and plays out of the right channel a lot louder than the left and they frankly did an unforgivebly bad job of the sleevenotes for a release this well known.
13.10.2011 - 01:35
Vombatus
Potorro
From what I remember from Lords of Chaos, Absurd members killed some kid (strangled him in an abandoned house in the woods) that was at their school after he learned that one of Absurd's members had an affair with a teacher, and probably also coz he was always following them or some other stupid shit.... Really weird and fucked up story, can't remember all the details.
13.10.2011 - 03:09
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Ah, ok, THAT story... I know it.
13.10.2011 - 15:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 13.10.2011 at 03:09

Yeah, found it quite disturbing if you ask me. Makes Varg's case way lighter
Sad that most of you friends leaved the site. I personally feel that the website overall is doing better than ever (ignoring the users that is), hopefully the new layout and stuff is of your liking but I'm sure it will grow into you anyways
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.10.2011 - 16:55
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 13.10.2011 at 15:41

Written by Guest on 13.10.2011 at 03:09

Yeah, found it quite disturbing if you ask me. Makes Varg's case way lighter
Sad that most of you friends leaved the site. I personally feel that the website overall is doing better than ever (ignoring the users that is), hopefully the new layout and stuff is of your liking but I'm sure it will grow into you anyways

The layout is cool, it's just the forum which is kind of... frozen... I mean, yesterday there were like 10 posts in the extreme metal forum... but anyway, I'll be visiting more often.
13.10.2011 - 17:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 13.10.2011 at 16:55

The layout is cool, it's just the forum which is kind of... frozen... I mean, yesterday there were like 10 posts in the extreme metal forum... but anyway, I'll be visiting more often.

Oh yeah I see what you mean, I see such things as "waves" as I remember there was a lot of movement some months ago and then it gets frozen again. That's the sad thing about extreme metal Well, discussions start as albums are reviewed I do miss some people though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
14.12.2011 - 18:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I often forget how many immense songs Blutgericht has:

15.12.2011 - 01:44
Savopipo

Anybody heard of a little thing called "Weltenfeind"? I really freaking love it and the "GBK" part isn't bad either.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
08.06.2013 - 21:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Facta Loquuntur - was banned by German authorities in February 2009
Why what it means, that in Ger you can not buy this CD? even order online?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.09.2018 - 11:19
Written by Guest on 01.07.2007 at 12:39

Our tastes change, I have as I stated above also grown very fond of Absurd. Well regarding your lyrical question, yes they are still NS oriented:

From the song Sturm bricht los from Blutgericht

Sturm bricht los aus Wolkentürmen
Lasst ihn rasen, lasst ihn stürmen
Soll das Schwache er verwehn,
lässt er doch das Starke stehen

The storm breaks loose from the clouds
Lets loose race, lets loose storm
It targets the weak it "verwehn?"
Yet it leaves the strong untouched.

My german is rather bad, but I understand enought to say that its an obvious referance to "stronger race" thoughts etc...

No, bro.

"Storm breaks forth from the clouds
Let it rage, let it storm
If it should blow away the weak
At least it'll let the strong stand"

The verb is "rasen," meaning "to rage, to rush, to race." Nothing to do with the noun "race," as in "a race of people."

None of Absurd's lyrics make any direct racial statements. Almost disappointing, isn't it? Like, come on. Fucking say something! Anyway, it's mostly all paganism, anti-Christian stuff, Germanic historical stuff, etc.

This particular song seems to be about the pagan Germanic peoples resisting conversion to Christianity.