Metal Storm logo
Melechesh

23.09.2006 - 00:41
Detric
King Of Twilight
Okay here is band that every Absu fan will fall in love with. Proscriptor used to play drums for this band (and we all know how sick that guy is). However, a new guy replaced him, he sounds okay based on the new track Rebirth Of The Nemesis you can listen to at www.myspace.com/melechesh along with two tracks from the Sphynx album which is a fucking masterpiece if you ask me, lets hope the new album can outdo it. The new song blew me away, I didnt think they would keep up the good work, but they did! Im so looking forward to hold this album in my hands. They are from Israel, I would call them blackened thrash just like Absu, but the thing with Melechesh is, that you can hear that they are from Israel, because of the song structure, their melodies and folk elements which sounds amazing. Their new album is called Emissaries and is set to be released on October 30th through Osmose Productions.
23.09.2006 - 00:51
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
One of my favourite bands, I think they're actually thousands of times better than Absu... their last album "Djinn" is a Black Metal masterpiece, original, fast, haunting with a lot of atmosphere... they also managed to create the two greatest BM instrumentals: "The Arrival Ritual" and "Caravans To Ur".... I also love their debut more classic Black Metal "As Jerusalem Burns... Al Intisar"... specialy the song "Devil's Night"...

A must check for everyone.
23.09.2006 - 01:30
Detric
King Of Twilight
Pardon me, but isnt Sphynx their latest album or am I totally wrong?
23.09.2006 - 01:39
Damnated
Churchburner
their last album is Emissaries. it is coming out on 10.30. yeah.

anyways, I never heard of this band, but I read it somewhere that they were forced to leave from Israel, due for religious reasons... that's good in my book.

any recommendations?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
23.09.2006 - 01:42
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Detric on 23.09.2006 at 01:30

Pardon me, but isnt Sphynx their latest album or am I totally wrong?

yes, it's Sphynx... I wrote Djinn for mistake, I meant Sphynx...
23.09.2006 - 05:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I actually got Sphynx for free from work. What a great deal that was Usually the free cd's I get are shitty, but not that time.
23.09.2006 - 22:29
tulkas
el parcero
I've downloaded some songs from the Shpynx album and I really liked it. One hell of a band, I hope I can find more stuff from them. Certainly one of the best bands I've heard
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
23.09.2006 - 22:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
As is stated they are a great band from Israel originally.
But none of the band members live there anymore (have left quite a few years ago already)
Two of them now live in the Netherlands and one in France.
Sphynx certainly is their masterpiec up to now. Can't wait to hear Emissaries
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.09.2006 - 00:55
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
I know that this band had to leave Israel after the release of "As Jerusalem Burns... Al Intisar" was released because in that country satanism is banned... I don't know if it's a tre fact, maybe someone from Israel could help us... anyway, this band is certainly not Satanist anymore and if you ask me they had found a very interesting concept for their albums.
24.09.2006 - 01:46
Detric
King Of Twilight
Damnated -> They were forced to leave Israel because of their religious beliefs? Does anyone know where I can read more about this? Id like to know what happend..
24.09.2006 - 09:08
BlackMin
Account deleted
Damn this band sounds promising. Im huge Absu fan so i must check them out asap. Any recommendations of from wich record to start with?
24.09.2006 - 11:13
Damnated
Churchburner
Detric the whole thing is pretty unclear. the official site sais:

'Melechesh run into "legal" complications due to "Alleged" Dark Cult activities in the Holy Cities of Jerusalem and Bethlehem. The authorities wrongfully wanted Melechesh members! A few years later all was cleared.'

but MA sais 'Problems between Melechesh and the strictly religious people in Jerusalem forced the band to relocate with members going to The Netherlands and France where they could continue work without the hassle from religious authorities'. it sounds different to me.

also Wikipedia sais 'Due to variuous personal and professional reasons, the band members were forced to relocate to France and the Netherlands in 1998' wich is the unclearest referrence there is.

anyways, hope this get's you an idea of things.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.09.2006 - 00:42
Daru Jericho

Wow, I don't believe I haven't posted here yet.

My friend got me into this band a number of months ago and they were impressive. The Sphynx album was the first of theirs I heard and my favourite to date.

I knew they relocated but didn't know the reasons why. Reading Damnated's explanation I'm not surprised. Anyone downloaded that new song yet? I have but haven't got round to giving it a listen.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

25.09.2006 - 14:44
Detric
King Of Twilight
Damnated -> thanks for the info, sounds interesting, and pretty stupid! Nevertheless, an amzing band,
25.09.2006 - 15:01
Sunioj

Well nevertheless, the police state that Israel is , probably wouldnt hesitate to put pressure or hassle the band due to the orthodox community protesting because of rumors of satanists up and around jerusalem supposedly desecrating places. Its crap, the only religious places desecrated are those of religious fanatics lynching jews or christians in religious areas. No one takes into account of what anyone else is pulling. Doesnt surprise me.
13.10.2006 - 14:04
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Such a great band, these guys are really fucking good.
08.01.2007 - 16:02
Sunioj

I just got Emmissaries and I noticed this album has alot of popularity so far. What do you guys think of this album? I love it, maybe the best IMO of 2006.
09.01.2007 - 03:08
Daru Jericho

I am really glad to say that Melehchesh will be joining Enslaved, Keep Of Kalessin and Marduk (who I think are headlining, sadly. Outrage!) on an European tour in May. I'm so excited
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

09.01.2007 - 15:08
Sunioj

Written by Daru Jericho on 09.01.2007 at 03:08

I am really glad to say that Melehchesh will be joining Enslaved, Keep Of Kalessin and Marduk (who I think are headlining, sadly. Outrage!) on an European tour in May. I'm so excited

I hate you, Im so jealous....;D
12.01.2007 - 02:41
Detric
King Of Twilight
Written by Sunioj on 08.01.2007 at 16:02

I just got Emmissaries and I noticed this album has alot of popularity so far. What do you guys think of this album? I love it, maybe the best IMO of 2006.

Couldt agree with you more, one of the best albums in 2006. I love Emissaries. Its their best effort so far in my opinion. I love the way there are really heavy tracks and more laid back and beautiful songs like The Scribes Of Kur which reminded me of Nile without being a total rip off. Fantastic band.
22.12.2007 - 08:59
Sonic MrSumo

Have just gotten into this band...with Emissaries. Am loving it...it rocks!

What are the earlier efforts like?
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
23.12.2007 - 10:41
Sunioj

Written by Sonic MrSumo on 22.12.2007 at 08:59

Its different, so I would suggest hearing some samples before buying the albums prior. However 'Sphynx' is probably the closest to the sound of 'Emissaries' but keep in mind that the band started experimenting with ambient elements in their earlier work except for 'Al Intisar...' which has more of a traditional black metal sound with mideastern styled riffs and feeling.
23.12.2007 - 11:27
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Detric on 12.01.2007 at 02:41

Written by Sunioj on 08.01.2007 at 16:02

Couldt agree with you more, one of the best albums in 2006. I love Emissaries. Its their best effort so far in my opinion. I love the way there are really heavy tracks and more laid back and beautiful songs like The Scribes Of Kur which reminded me of Nile without being a total rip off. Fantastic band.

Ok... As far as I know, Nile's strictly Egyptian sound isn't that conspicuous in their music (I don't regard what they play as music though, hate me, I don't care), whereas Melechesh employ more authentically Middle Eastern sounds. I can't see how one would be ripping off the other when one tries to make the influence obvious and the other doesn't, even with the distinct differences, too.
23.12.2007 - 11:49
Sonic MrSumo

Written by Sunioj on 23.12.2007 at 10:41

Written by Sonic MrSumo on 22.12.2007 at 08:59

Its different, so I would suggest hearing some samples before buying the albums prior. However 'Sphynx' is probably the closest to the sound of 'Emissaries' but keep in mind that the band started experimenting with ambient elements in their earlier work except for 'Al Intisar...' which has more of a traditional black metal sound with mideastern styled riffs and feeling.

Thanks dude. Really appreciate the advice!:beer:
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
24.12.2007 - 14:01
Sonic MrSumo

Can anyone point me in the direction of a band that has a similar sound and style (i.e. black, thrashy, catchy and chanty) to Melechesh?
----
25.12.2007 - 01:01
Woutjinho
Account deleted
saw them but I cant remember them
its not because of the alcohol, but they just didnt made an impact on me
their records are okay/meh
25.12.2007 - 21:15
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 24.12.2007 at 14:01

Can anyone point me in the direction of a band that has a similar sound and style (i.e. black, thrashy, catchy and chanty) to Melechesh?

Try Absu,if you haven't already. If you like Melechesh, you'll probably also like Absu.
26.12.2007 - 10:15
SexBloodandMetal
Account deleted
I have most of their stuff...Great band...
22.05.2008 - 15:15
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
This band is great, they push themselves away from the generic bm scene and are capable of playing something different, that is of course of their middle eastern sound influence. Nevertheless, I think i'll be listening to these guys fairly often in the future, i have their album Emissaries and it's truly a great piece of work.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
26.05.2008 - 17:57
TheBigRossowski

I don't own any albums from them which is shitty of me, but I can't buy EVERYTHING! I listened to them some time ago though on myspace and its pretty good music! At least I'd like to own something...

Perhaps I will check this "Emissaries" out. I think I will see them with Enslaved though, I'm not sure, I'll have to look it up!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?