06. Cheat On Me

Disc II
01. Frustration
02. Little Dog
03. Dragon
04. Junior Dad

Bottom 20 albums of all time: 1

Additional info
Composed by Lou Reed with significant arrangement contributions by Metallica.

Produced by Lou Reed, Metallica, Hal Willner and Greg Fidelman.

Recorded by Greg Fidelman and Mike Gillies
Additional engineering by Jim Monti, Dan Monti, Sara Lyn Killion and Kent Matcke.
Mixed by Greg Fidelman.
Assisted by Geoff Neal.

Recorded at Metallica HQ.
Mixed at Sunset Sound.

Mix coordination by Lindsay Chase.

Mastered by Vlado Meller at Masterdisk.

Wax mannequin (about 1900) and other objects: collection of Werkbundarchiv - Museum der Dinge, Berlin.

All music by Lou Reed and Metallica.
All lyrics by Lou Reed.
All Songs © 2011 Lou Reed Music (BMI)/Creeping Death Music (ASCAP).

© 2011 Sister Ray Enterprises Inc/We're Only In It For The Music.

Staff review by
Daniell
Rating:
Some people righteously claim that this is not a real Metallica release and thus it can't be viewed as such. I agree. Metallica decided to co-operate with Lou Reed in his interpretation of Alban Berg's opera based on Frank Wedekind's plays "Erdgeist" and "Die Büchse der Pandora". The history behind that opera is as complicated and dramatic as one can imagine, assuming what a dark story it tells.

Read more ››
published 04.11.2011 | Comments (163)

Guest review by
AndMetalForAll
Rating:
Lulu brings back Metallica in a collaboration album with Lou Reed. A German visionary named Frank Wedekind wrote a collection of plays about a woman called Lulu who was both a muse and a mystery, the first form of woman. Most of the songs have death, sexuality, love and spite themes. Although it's not a Metallica album, the expectation was off the charts but the result is terrible.

Read more ››
published 14.11.2011 | Comments (18)

Guest review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
The worst thing you can possibly do is treat this like a Metallica album. It is not. Lulu is a Lou Reed album that just so happens to feature the guys from Metallica as his backing band. Of course, Metallica still had to go and put their name on it, which recklessly raised people's expectations, and the heavy criticism weighed at this album is largely true no matter how you spin it. Nonetheless, while this was a disappointment, it is not totally devoid of merit, and more of an interesting experiment than a Son-of-St. Anger-sized failure.

Read more ››
published 17.08.2013 | Comments (13)

Found in 17 lists
Top lists

Comments page 15 / 21

Comments: 612   Visited by: 3721 users
11.01.2012 - 03:31
RavenKing
Written by Boxcar Willy on 11.01.2012 at 03:28

This is the one album, that everybody should illegally download.

Even for free, I see no reason to get it.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
11.01.2012 - 03:51
Rating: 2
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by RavenKing on 11.01.2012 at 03:31

touché.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
11.01.2012 - 04:40
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 11.01.2012 at 03:31

To piss off Lars.
12.01.2012 - 17:29
Rating: 1
Baldmetal
I defended Metallica with ST Anger... Now that's impossible! This is the Worst CD that i have ever heard. Really really bad. I thim MEtallica is insulting the world with this fucking shit. Sorry for metallica lovers but this is horrible.
----
O_o
26.01.2012 - 19:19
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
I have never seen such amount of negative energy in a single thread. Why don't we have another category under "discography" called "Colaborations"? That would lower the amount of hate of metallica fans.
27.01.2012 - 10:56
Rating: 7
ToMegaTherion
I actually don't mind Lulu, its not their best release and its certainly nowhere near Death Magnetic. But its better than most people are rating it in my opinion.

6 or 7 is a fair rating i think, because there are good songs on it. But there is also plenty of very average songs too.
08.02.2012 - 19:24
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
My favorite album ever
11.02.2012 - 20:15
Poirot
I know it's not their own project, but I can't understand how they accepted to play on this piece of sh*t.
20.02.2012 - 23:29
Alla Xul
SPLIT UP!!
This band is one of the biggest shame in the metal scene ever!
After the creation of the 1988 album Metallica as a band and as a symbol TRULY DIED. Anyone who say different is lying....
"Sad but true........"

edit:
I've just seen that 50 user have this fuckin' shit on wishlist. LOL!!!
26.02.2012 - 15:57
Quote:
Let's just make all of the table jokes now, shall we? Ride The Table, Master Of Tables, St. Table, Re-Table, And Table For All, Enter Table, Table Magnetic, Phantom Table, Seek & Table, No Table, Am I Table? Fight Fire With Table, Creeping Table, Trapped Under Table, Table Messiah, The Table That Should Not Be, Disposable Table, Table Inc. To Live Is To Table, Table Of The Beholder, The Shortest Table, New World Table, Table Of Sorrow, The Frayed Ends Of Table, Sad, But Table, Of Wolf And Table, Don't Tread On Table, Holier Than Table, Through The Table, My Friend Of Table, That Was Just Your Table, The Judas Table, The End Of The Table, Ain't My Table, Hero Of The Table, Bleeding Table, Mama Table, Poor Twisted Table, The Outlaw Table, Carpe Diem Table, Prince Table, Bad Table, Devil's Table, Low Man's Table, Where The Wild Tables Are, Some Kind Of Table, Dirty Table, Invisible Table, Sweet Table, The Unnamed Table, All Within My Table, Cheat On Table, Iced Table, Brandenburg Table, Impersonate Clark Table.

I think you forgot The Four Tables.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
26.02.2012 - 16:03
Cliff Burton would be ashamed.
----
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
29.02.2012 - 09:51
Korah
Metallica...why?
----
Don't cry for my English
29.02.2012 - 16:07
Rating: 8
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.02.2012 at 16:03

Actually, I'm pretty sure he would have absolutely loved collaborating with Lou Reed.
29.02.2012 - 22:39
Lit.
Account deleted
You know, everytime I jump into the Album thread and I see my name on the left side of the 449 post count for this album, I die a little inside.
Can't believe I technically started all this.
01.03.2012 - 18:58
Written by Unhealer on 29.02.2012 at 16:07

Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.02.2012 at 16:03

Actually, I'm pretty sure he would have absolutely loved collaborating with Lou Reed.

Really?
----
01.03.2012 - 19:10
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Infernal Eternal on 01.03.2012 at 18:58

Really?

He was really into blues, country and old rock stuff.
I wouldn't be surprised if he liked The Velvet Underground and Lou Reed's solo work back then.
02.03.2012 - 20:06
Pelagial
Not a metallica album it's a Lou Reed one. With a bad metallica on the instrumental parts.
If Lou Reed have done this album i think he got a 8 because it's good old song.
31.03.2012 - 05:26
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Cliff.... if you still alive
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
31.03.2012 - 06:18
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Maco on 31.03.2012 at 05:26

Cliff.... if you still alive

I insist in that he would have loved to do this. And if not, it's not like he would have prevented it.
09.04.2012 - 17:23
Nemo Atkins
Written by Unhealer on 31.03.2012 at 06:18

I insist in that he would have loved to do this. And if not, it's not like he would have prevented it.

Yeah, the number of people who say stuff like "Cliff is rolling in his grave" seem to either not know or "conveniently forget" that he was a fan of Thin Lizzy, played piano recitals of classical musicians and liked the Misfits, which, if a metalhead confessed that online, would get them called a poser today (got most of that from the liner notes of Garage Inc), all while expending the band members musical horizons. They also seem to like blaming Jason Newsted for Metallica's change in direction, despite the fact the other members of Metallica said he was the biggest metalhead in the group and he barely wrote anything for the band (or, at least, didn't get much writing credit from the band). If anything, the people who claim Cliff would have never let them collaborate with Lou Reed and say he's rolling in his grave are the ones who are insulting his memory, as, unless they all are very good mediums, they didn't know him and, as such, can't speak on his authority.

(If this comes across as a bit much, this is something which really drives me mad, as it just comes across to me as an excuse to say "This sucks" without giving the thing they are complaining about a fair thought and also rather insulting to the memory of a guy who the band STILL honours in concerts today).
09.04.2012 - 17:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Nemo Atkins on 09.04.2012 at 17:23

" that he was a fan of Thin Lizzy, played piano recitals of classical musicians and liked the Misfits, which, if a metalhead confessed that online, would get them called a poser today

No, that wouldn't. Most metalfans I know love Thin Lizzy and to a lesser extent the Misfists and also enjoy classical msuci and they say so and they don't get labeled a p[oser. Hell Thin Lizzy was of immense influence on loads of metal bands and even Misfits were quite influential.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.04.2012 - 18:36
Nemo Atkins
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.04.2012 at 17:46

Written by Nemo Atkins on 09.04.2012 at 17:23

" that he was a fan of Thin Lizzy, played piano recitals of classical musicians and liked the Misfits, which, if a metalhead confessed that online, would get them called a poser today

No, that wouldn't. Most metalfans I know love Thin Lizzy and to a lesser extent the Misfists and also enjoy classical msuci and they say so and they don't get labeled a p[oser. Hell Thin Lizzy was of immense influence on loads of metal bands and even Misfits were quite influential.

I'm still kind of new to metal (this is technically my second year of listening to the genre after years of listening to nothing more extreme than Queen with anything resembling regularity), so I'll concede that I made a horrible overgeneralisation and assumption with that part of my comment (hell, beyond Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, I don't really know much about the origins and influences of metal). However, the part after this on my previous comment was the part I wanted people to focus on.
16.04.2012 - 08:39
Rating: 3
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I've started hating the object called "table". blame this motherfucking album. feel pity on that non-living object.
13.05.2012 - 04:49
.Nemesis.
Buy Lulu and Heaven's Venom CDs. Listen to Metallica's latest release. Now listen to Kataklysm's latest release. See the difference? One is for listening to, and the other is for beating the crap out of someone with the CD cover while listening to the other one. (I think you can guess which is which)
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
19.05.2012 - 17:38
Fredd
Account deleted
My favoritest albun evar.
19.05.2012 - 20:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 19.05.2012 at 17:38
My favoritest albun evar.

QFT
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.05.2012 - 20:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 19.05.2012 at 20:03
?

Quoted For Truth
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.05.2012 - 16:22
neiluria
I hesitated between 0 and 1 so I put 10...
28.05.2012 - 16:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by neiluria on 28.05.2012 at 16:22

Definitely makes sense.
----
28.05.2012 - 20:57
Korah
Written by neiluria on 28.05.2012 at 16:22

What a smart boy! C'est génial!
----
Don't cry for my English

Hits total: 80301 | This month: 170