Metal Storm logo
Chimaira - Sign To Long Branch Records

Chimaira have inked a deal with Long Branch Records for the European and Australian territories. The band's new album, entitled The Age of Hell, will be released August 26 in Germany and August 29 in the United Kingdom, Australia and the rest of Europe. The CD will be made available in North America on August 16 via eOne Music.

Long Branch Records is a new SPV label imprint created by industry veteran Maria Ouellette. Chimaira is the first of many acts to sign to Long Branch Records, therefore becoming a cornerstone in the label's quest to build a home for today's best in new and established rock and metal groundbreakers.

Commented Chimaira frontman Mark Hunter: "Chimaira understand that in this day and age you need to team up with people who are not only innovative, but passionate about what they do. We are excited about the partnership with Long Branch/SPV and look forward to bringing The Age Of Hell to international soil."

Added Ouellette: "We really hope to build a label with a thread that connects amazing artists in the rock and metal genres and sub-genres. We're going to try to do things a bit differently, and to do that we need bands that aren't afraid to go their own way, are amazing musicians, and have something exciting to give to their fans with every new release. I can't express how thrilled I am that a stellar band like Chimaira has joined forces with us to explore this new territory. I look forward to our joint evolution."

Stated SPV administrator Andreas Rennmann: "We are very happy about the opportunity to work with Chimaira and the beginning of Long Branch Records. It's an exciting time for us, and it will only get better and grow stronger. The future is very bright indeed."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Chimaira
Posted: 17.06.2011 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 24 users
17.06.2011 - 23:51
JD
Account deleted
Okaay, hope the new album will be good as the last one.

Hits total: 2274 | This month: 4