Metal Storm logo
Testament - Recording New Album With Drummer Gene Hoglan

Due to a "serious injury" being suffered by drummer Paul Bostaph, Testament have enlisted the services of Gene Hoglan ( Fear Factory, ex- Strapping Young Lad) to handle the studio drumming for their new album. The group recently entered the studio to begin tracking the new album with producer Andy Sneap ( Megadeth, Opeth). A late 2011/early 2012 release is expected.

In addition to Hoglan, Lamb Of God drummer Chris Adler will appear on "a couple of bonus tracks." According to the band's management, Bostaph will rejoin Testament at a later date for touring duties.

Hoglan previously played drums on Testament's 1997 effort, Demonic, but didn't stick around long enough to do any touring with the band.

Source: theprp.com
Band profile: Testament
Posted: 21.06.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 102 users
21.06.2011 - 19:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Gah, this sucks... poor Paul! I hope whatever his injury is it isn't too bad, and he gets better soon. It's bad news that Paul won't be playing on the new album, but I guess if you have to use a temporary replacement, you really can't do any better than Gene Hoglan. \m/ Can't wait for the new album, and hopefully to see Paul live with the band afterwards!
21.06.2011 - 19:52
Thrash666

Stoked for a new testament album!!! Hope Paul gets better soon, I really like the line up with him in it, but Gene Hoglan as the replacement!?!? Gonna be fucking awesome
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
21.06.2011 - 21:13
Monolithic
♠♠♠
If there's one guy with more injuries than Michael Owen, It's Paul LOL. I wish him good luck , since I really like his drumming skills. And about Gene, I think he's the right man for the right job. I'll be looking forward to it.
21.06.2011 - 22:56
sbgmetal

Hope paul will be get better soon! but very good replacement at least...
22.06.2011 - 06:24
Tenski

Written by Angelic Storm on 21.06.2011 at 19:23

Gah, this sucks... poor Paul! I hope whatever his injury is it isn't too bad, and he gets better soon. It's bad news that Paul won't be playing on the new album, but I guess if you have to use a temporary replacement, you really can't do any better than Gene Hoglan. \m/ Can't wait for the new album, and hopefully to see Paul live with the band afterwards!

Hmm exactly what I was thinking when it said Hoglan was replacing Paul.....Was thinking about Slayer's War at the Warfield Just last night, also was thinking of Gene's work as myself used to be a drummer, but nonetheless equally good replacement for Testament
22.06.2011 - 19:50
Murder

Best wishes for Paul!! I hope see him live next August >_<!
22.06.2011 - 20:16
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Gene Holgan playing on the album.
Chris Adler playing on the album.

Hits total: 2582 | This month: 5