Metal Storm logo
Acid Bath

24.09.2006 - 01:38
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Acid Bath is a rather unique band. They fused downtuned distorted doom metal guitars and doomish vocals with hardcore vocals. Sometimes they have punk-like drum patterns but most of the times use slowed down mid-paced doom metal drum sequences. There is hardly a guitar solo but that is to be expected; they are more based on effective powerful chord structures. Since they are from Louisiana, they have picked up on the whole sludgy, angry intense sound that Down, Crowbar or Corrosion of Conformity. Dax Riggs delivers blues influenced vocals while Sammy Duet and Mike Sanchez deliver hardcore-ish lyrics. They put two records out for the Rotten label before bassist Audie Pitre was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver on January 23, 1997...
24.09.2006 - 02:42
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Yeah they're not too bad, they have some pretty interesting lyrics and I'll agree that their sound can be unique. They seem to jump from being either death/grind to groove metal. My wife lived in NOLA for a number of years so she introduced their music to me.
24.09.2006 - 11:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I love this band but man hard core? Its slow doom metal and same time sluge doom
I realy like this depresive slow and underhground sound of this band and those lyrics haha some dark humor sometimes and sorrowfull emotions and so slwo and sme time not so slow gutar lil diferent how traditional doom and same time great band
I had tghis stuff '' When the Kite String Pops'' and best of album

Gret band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.09.2006 - 20:09
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I only mentioned hardcore because so many other people actually refer to some of what they do as hardcore...the vocal part that is...but other then that they are doom metal...but they're more then doom metal though....
24.09.2006 - 21:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.09.2006 at 20:09

I only mentioned hardcore because so many other people actually refer to some of what they do as hardcore...the vocal part that is...but other then that they are doom metal...but they're more then doom metal though....

well i agree whit it its Doom metal,. but only what remaind me hard core are bane nme an dway how thay dress in MA pic :rollin:
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2006 - 21:33
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
Since all proper sludge has roots in hardcore, so does Acid Bath. Sludge is really more related to the alt metal scene than to doom metal.
Acid Bath was an absolutely awesome band though, its such a shame they disbanded.
24.09.2006 - 21:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by jupitreas on 24.09.2006 at 21:33

Since all proper sludge has roots in hardcore, so does Acid Bath. Sludge is really more related to the alt metal scene than to doom metal.
Acid Bath was an absolutely awesome band though, its such a shame they disbanded.

Sluge nd Hard Core you yoking
I dunno history about hard core and sluge

Thay disblandet because singer die in some accident i think cre accient,
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2006 - 22:23
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
The Melvins and Black Flag are usually seen as the first bands to make some sort of sludge metal and both of them started off as hardcore bands. Moreover, it is pretty easy to notice hardcore influences in how the guitars are used in sludge - all of the distortion, feedback and downtuned, droning riffs are clearly more reminiscent of hardcore than of metal. Most sludge bands also have a very clear "street music" vibe going on, which once again brings us to punk/hardcore.
25.09.2006 - 17:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I thought this thread was about Acid Bath and not the Melvins or Black Flag...if you don't want to discuss Acid Bath then I might as well lock this and you can open up a sludge metal thread and talk about the Melvins or Black Flag in there...
25.09.2006 - 18:19
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
I was merely answering K7s question... Whats your problem man?
26.09.2006 - 00:22
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Don't be pedant KNK, Jupitreas' post was totally on topic...

I had only listened to Pagan Terrorism Tactics, and I admit it's a brilliant album that never gets old. Very stunning album, with a good mic between heaviness and ambience. I'm certainly planning to get more stuff...
26.09.2006 - 20:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Sorry...I was in a bad mood from a bad day dealing with bad people...please, discuss, discuss...
I'm only pendant when I go through bouts of insomnia...

Anyway...
27.09.2006 - 10:04
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Who doesn´t yet know, check also out Agents of Oblivion. It´s got little to do with metal but the music is fabulous IMO. They have only released one album and I am hugely enjoying it.

The voice of Dax Riggs is amazing.
16.10.2006 - 13:33
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
I´d also add that Acid Bath is IMO hugely underrated. Surely they have a cult following but they got never recognised in wider circles. It´s a shame.
16.10.2006 - 20:00
Sickening Gore
Account deleted
I know this band for 5 months or so but they're already one of my fav.
Very unique fusion of doom, sludge, death and even some acoustic songs, love it.
Oh and btw K7, it was not the singer who died, it was the bassdude.
16.10.2006 - 23:43
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
One of my favourite lines at the moment from "Paegan Love Song":

I scream, you scream
Everybody scream for morphine
I don´t love you
I just fiend your morphine

or

She bleeds orgasm in techni-color
17.10.2006 - 00:33
Sickening Gore
Account deleted
they have a set of fucked up lyrics, but i love it:

'Where kitchen knives conspire, razor blades make bloodless love'
24.05.2007 - 08:12
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Well, this is quite enjoyable but it seems off-topic to me.
02.02.2008 - 22:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by jupitreas on 25.09.2006 at 18:19

You know band has anay promotinal video If yes than what ?
----

apos;'
[image]
15.02.2008 - 15:08
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
Written by Bad English on 02.02.2008 at 22:32

Hey, K7, Acid Bath does have a promotional video for the song Toubabo Koomi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eseznRxPdmw&feature=related. Nothing too special about it, though. It's just some live shots and some shots of the band goofing around in a swamp. Oh, and there's an alligator too.
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
15.02.2008 - 16:50
m3t4lh34d
Interesting facts.

They released two albums. When The Kite String Pops, and Paegan Terrorism Tactics.

The album art for 'When The Kite String Pops' was drawn by John Wayne Gacy (serial killer) while in prison awaiting execution.

The album art for 'Paegan Terrorism Tactics' was painted by Dr. Jack Kevorkian, famous mercy killer.
15.02.2008 - 18:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sleep In Sorrow on 15.02.2008 at 15:08

Written by Bad English on 02.02.2008 at 22:32

Hey, K7, Acid Bath does have a promotional video for the song Toubabo Koomi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eseznRxPdmw&feature=related. Nothing too special about it, though. It's just some live shots and some shots of the band goofing around in a swamp. Oh, and there's an alligator too.

Thank's
I just watch it but I agree nothing specil boring video, I pfefere better listening that song how watch video
----

apos;'
[image]
12.04.2008 - 16:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Definetely one of my favorite bands man...
I really love the dirty sound on some songs specially "Dr. Seuss is Dead" with it's fucked up chorus. I always laugh at the lyrics "I cut Myself again because I'm so fucking bored" At first I though "This line is lame.. almost emo" but then I understood that it just really really insane line... When the guy is singing I can feel the sickness.
And some ballads like "Bones of Baby Dolls" and "Scream of the Butterfly" remains me a bit of some kind of murderer that killed his own wife but he's still in love with her... A weird thought right?

I really love the lyrics... and the ballads are you depressive as fuck...
When The Kite String Pops is the best album without doubt...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.05.2008 - 00:51
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yep yep, just recently getting into them. I love how trippy thier bass lines and distorted vocals are, not to mention that their guitar work is just genius. Yeah, I think I'm falling in love with them.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
05.07.2008 - 16:09
Timelord
I have seen Acid Bath several times in New Orleans. Great Band that was destroyed by drugs. Dax has come to Hattiesburg with Deadboy and the Elephantmen and just last week under his own name. Everytime I see him he acts all junked out. You can't even put them into a specific genre. The death of audie was tragic for the metal world. R.I.P. Pick up "When the Kite String Pops", "Paegan Terrorism Tactics", Demos 1993-96 and "Double Live Bootleg" dvd. You will enjoy these immensely!!
07.07.2008 - 02:28
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Received "When The Kite String Pops" a week ago and drowned myself in it. Awesome stuff. Figured I could use my time usefully, I also did a review for it here.

And soon Paegan Terrorism Tactics should fine its way to my collection. I'm predicting a review of that will follow too.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.07.2008 - 04:25
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
This doesn't have a lot to do with the music or even the band but I though that it would be interesting to share with all of you... I just found a site were they sell the oil paints done by John Wayne Gacy [aka Pog the clown]

But they are dreadfully expensive too!!! XD
I want all of them
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.07.2008 - 15:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
More or less completed mey Acid Bath discography with the following two:

Acid Bath - Double Live Bootleg dvd 32 songs shot at various locations and includes the videoclip to "Toubado Koomi" and a monstrous live cover of "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" plus rehearsals for their first demo.
My God was this band intense live. Here their hardcore roots clearly shine through.

Acid Bath - Demos: 1993 -1996
Why the bleeding fuck doesn't "When The Kite String Pops" sound like their first demo? The 8 demo songs blow "WTKSP" clear out of the ballpark. Now had their debut sounded like this they would have made an even bigger impression.

Btw, does anyone else think that Dax at times sound a bit like Keith Caputo on Life Of Agony's River Runs Red?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.11.2008 - 18:44
Sick Girl
I love Acid Bath, definetely one of my favorite bands. But can someone answer a question for me, why don't they have any music videos?
27.11.2008 - 19:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Sick Girl on 27.11.2008 at 18:44

I love Acid Bath, definetely one of my favorite bands. But can someone answer a question for me, why don't they have any music videos?

They actually do have one videoclip. And that is the one of "Toubabo Koomi"
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996