Metal Storm logo
Hellfest Open Air - News And Whispers From Hell

Unless you've been living in a cave for the last couple of months, you know that Hellfest Open Air 2011 took place last weekend.

As always, Metal Storm sent out a small army of reporters to cover the event. You can expect an exclusive live report, tons of hq pictures and an anthology of our most memorable festival experiences to appear online in the next coming weeks.

We also had the chance to meet up with some artists backstage. After the small talk and/or a few beers, we got to the juicy details. Here are a handful of scoops we gathered during our chats that we don't want to keep from you!

Orphaned Land are embarking on a big European tour later this year. Direct support will come from Oriental folk metal band Arkan and Tunisian progressive metallers Myrath. Dates for this tour have officially been announced earlier today. You can find them over here.

Oriental folk metal band Arkan will also support Arch Enemy in December. The band has been confirmed as the special guest on all French dates of the Arch Enemy winter tour throughout Europe.

Angelizer, the young melodic death metal outfit hailing from Toulouse, France, plan to release their first full-length album later this year. A tentative release date has been set for September. The follow-up to the 2008 Poison Dreams EP will be called Philosophy With Decibels, and will be released through New Death Records / Necrocosm Productions.

Also long-running French metal acts S.U.P. and Supuration are set to release a new album.

Supuration, the French death metal band, will start the recording process of their new album this summer. Mixing will take place in September. The album will be called Cu3e and is tentatively due in November. Cu3e will conclude the trilogy story started with The Cube and Incubation.

S.U.P., their avantgarde/electronic metal counterpart, will release a new album afterwards. Most of the material for this album has already been written.

Dødheimsgard plan to continue touring. A Paris show is scheduled for November 2 (but not confirmed yet), and the band intend to post future tour dates on their facebook page.

And while we're talking about touring, we have to mention that Pain Of Salvation have an upcoming Eastern Europe tour, which should happen sometime around October. The dates have yet to be published, so stay tuned for more info!

And finally, next year's edition of Hellfest Open Air will take place June 15-17th 2012 in Clisson, France. We can already tell that the festival will move 400 meters away from the previous area. First names to be announced soon! Hear it here first!

Many thanks to Thryce for the shitload of work!

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2011
Posted: 23.06.2011 by Darkside Momo

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 80 users
23.06.2011 - 09:22
arj

Damn good festival, as last year.
23.06.2011 - 09:43
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Don't play like the beers weren't part of the "small talk", yer not foolin' me.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.06.2011 - 19:10
Andreas

I never lived in a cave, but I had no idea when Hellfest took place...
24.06.2011 - 09:39
Thryce
Retired Staff
Sorry to hear that. We'll make our frontpage banner bigger next year.
----
Your favorite band sucks.

Hits total: 3369 | This month: 10