Metal Storm logo
Your Favorite Agalloch Studio Album

Original post

Posted by , 28.06.2011 - 04:25
What is your favorite Agalloch full-length studio album? Please give a detailed explanation of why you prefer one album to the other works Agalloch has released (Please, don't reply with answers like, "Mantle"). If you want to compare one album to another or argue the merits of one album over another please do so as well.

Poll

Which is your favorite Agalloch album

The Mantle
Ashes Against the Grain
Pale Folklore
Marrow of the Spirit

Total votes: 142
11.07.2011 - 17:08
NikiforosNugent

1. The Mantle
2. Pale Folclore
3. Ashes against tha grain
4. Marrow of the Spirit

My favorite band everything they've made is amazing!!!!
----
The god of man is a failure...
12.07.2011 - 22:26
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
I voted Ashes because it is riff oriented and very atmospheric.
13.07.2011 - 00:14
Sean 79

Close between Ashes and Mantle but i think i'll give it The Mantle. Great music to doze off to at night
15.07.2011 - 08:52
thev_manutop

1, Pale Folklore
2, Ashes
3, Mantle
4, MArrow Of The Spirit

Why does oale folklore have so low votes? Maybe many people havent heard the album coz its totally amazing and easily their best work.Ashes comes second
Agalloch is amongst d best
15.07.2011 - 12:26
Slayer666

Heh, seems I'm amongst the rare ones that think Marrow is their best... It seems like a perfect mix-up of everything the band has been doing, from Black and Folk metal to Post-Rock/Metal. Pure awesomeness, that one. Mantle comes as a pretty close second.
26.07.2011 - 18:46
Night Sight

The mantle is more interesting
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
27.07.2011 - 03:51
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by thev_manutop on 15.07.2011 at 08:52

1, Pale Folklore
2, Ashes
3, Mantle
4, MArrow Of The Spirit

Why does oale folklore have so low votes? Maybe many people havent heard the album coz its totally amazing and easily their best work.Ashes comes second
Agalloch is amongst d best

Pale Folklore is just too immature to me. The band really hadn't discovered their sound yet and while the songs were great, they weren't really anything groundbreaking either.
28.07.2011 - 09:33
thev_manutop

Come on dude ...its not immature its d raw talent that has not been given studio effects...dats pure metal music...n d quality of lyrics n guitarwork is d best...d solos are extremely gud and dey play songs of every pace n tempo not jus slower songs...i think it has everything except d production quality going for it
04.08.2011 - 19:45
bodomroy

Mantle, guitar work is excellent. All the riffs, melodies, solos are in a perfect blend, in the exact dose! Clean vocals are heartbreaking, very melancholic and dark indeed. The concept in the songs, music, sound, production and also the cover artwork fit in a perfect way with the final result.
11.08.2011 - 00:55
Nocturno-Inculto

I am Agree about the Marrow Of Spirit as their best. I do not like too much Pale Folklor and Ashes for me it's too boring. I do not know why, but I really love The Marrow of Spirit and then, The MANTLE.
24.08.2011 - 06:39
glasgow_smile

The Mantle is just incredible all around - I never tire of that album.
24.08.2011 - 06:50
JCJen7

My favorite at this point is Marrow of the Spirit, but im going to wait to vote, because it switches so much
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
23.02.2012 - 18:44
Codera the Great
Account deleted
The Mantle
26.04.2012 - 13:51
Dàibh

Extremely close call for me...on all counts.

I eventually chose 'The Mantle' as, music-aside, it has a special place in my heart for those certain times in my life which it reminds me of.
27.04.2012 - 00:16
TrollandDie

Written by Dàibh on 26.04.2012 at 13:51

Extremely close call for me...on all counts.

I eventually chose 'The Mantle' as, music-aside, it has a special place in my heart for those certain times in my life which it reminds me of.

That's exactly how I feel about it myself.

Out of all the music experiences I've had, The Mantle's first spin on my computer is one I'll never forget.

Listening to it at two in the morning-on the first night where I had no worries to care about for the next day-sheer bliss.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
02.05.2012 - 02:35
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
That's tough, can not pick this
----
02.05.2012 - 02:58
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I voted for Marrow. Ashes and Mantle are a wash, Pale is a little raw and I love Black Lake Neostang do death.
----
rekt
02.05.2012 - 12:02
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Written by tea[m]ster on 02.05.2012 at 02:58

I voted for Marrow. Ashes and Mantle are a wash, Pale is a little raw and I love Black Lake Neostang do death.

I LOVE the electronic influences in that song
----
06.06.2012 - 06:27
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I love all of their stuff, however their magnum opus I believe is The Mantle.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
06.06.2012 - 23:34
tuthitamlut

My favorite Agalloch's album is always being changed by the mood, I choose Ashes Against The Grain when I want to listen to something with some kind of "pure" feeling, Marrow Of The Spirit is more melancholic in my opinion and more,well... black metal, and The Mantle is somewhere in the middle. Pale Folklore is my least favorite, though I still like this album very much
04.10.2012 - 15:34
Angry Chair

The Mantle, without question.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
04.10.2012 - 16:24

I vote for Ashes Against the Grain. It is more melodic than The Mantle, and... somehow, more passionate.
----
This man is lazy and has written nothing.
30.07.2013 - 21:06
DoomRules

Who knows? , Pale folklore is perhaps the best album, but certainly the one with more diversity is definitively ,The Mantle
----
There's no light at the end of the tunnel...
31.07.2013 - 02:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
After this spring Ive been listenimg band , I will say firts 2 are outsadnding, following are weeker, so if there would be an option vote firts 2, I would
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.04.2014 - 21:24
telephonebear
Account deleted
The mantle. nothing will ever compare to it.

Having said that, Falling Snow and Not Unlike the Waves may be two of the band's best songs.
10.06.2014 - 02:42
JayMo4

This is so tough. On any given day I could probably put them in any order. The mind-blowing thing to me about Agalloch is that they've completely reinvented themselves with each release and yet they've never made a misstep. Their influences are obvious, and yet they can create something uniquely theirs, throw it out and start over with the next one, and still come up with something genius each time. What's weird is, I still don't think we've heard their best work. Maybe that's just the sort of unfairly high expectations that come with five great albums in a row.
20.09.2017 - 03:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
First, second and last one are equally good IMO
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing