Metal Storm logo
The Crow

18.05.2006 - 00:56
Stigmatized
My favorite film of all time, starring Brandon Lee.

Taken from www.imdb.com-

Brandon Lee died during a mishap on the set. A scene required a gun to be loaded, cocked, and then pointed at the camera. Because of the close-range of the shot, the bullets loaded had real brass caps, but no powder. After the cut, the props master (not the arms master - he had left the set for the day) dry-fired the gun to get the cock off, knocking an empty cartridge into the barrel of the gun. The next scene to be filmed involving that gun was the rape of Shelly. The gun was loaded with blanks (which usually contain double or triple the powder of a normal bullet to make a loud noise). Lee entered the set carrying a bag of groceries containing an explosive blood pack. The script called for Funboy (Michael Massee) to shoot Eric Draven (Lee) as he entered the room, triggering the blood pack. The cartridge that was stuck in the barrel was blasted at Lee through the bag he was carrying, killing him. The footage of his death was destroyed without being developed. Lee is the son of martial arts legend Bruce Lee, who died in mysterious circumstances before completing Game of Death (1978).

This movie is great on so many levels. The atmosphere, the dark mood about it, everything was done so right.
20.05.2006 - 04:45
Hylia
Yeah I really liked The crow as well,but I never knew he died on the set.I remeber I used to watch the series on TV with my parents when I was a kid, and I just watched the movie months ago.I think that Brandon Lee was a very good actor though and did the part better than anyone else could of.
20.05.2006 - 11:06
W-Lash
Metal Master
I agree, all actors in the following parts of The Crow were noobs compared to Brandon Lee. The episode with playing guitar (on the roof) was great!
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS - YOU HAVE TO DO IT!
21.05.2006 - 18:09
Alouqua
Account deleted
mmm... Someone who understand me! I love Brandon Lee and the sceneon the the roof I just love it! About the movie well... The first one was a masterpiece the others... NO! The Crow: City of Angels wasn't that bad but I hate The Crow: Salvation I just wanted to cry when I saw this movie...
21.05.2006 - 22:27
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 21.05.2006 at 18:09

mmm... Someone who understand me! I love Brandon Lee and the sceneon the the roof I just love it! About the movie well... The first one was a masterpiece the others... NO! The Crow: City of Angels wasn't that bad but I hate The Crow: Salvation I just wanted to cry when I saw this movie...

I agree, City of Angels was the best of the sequels, though I think it was still mediocre. Salvation may be the worst film I have ever seen and the Wicked Prayer sucked something awful as well.
22.05.2006 - 00:41
Avenant
Profane Seraph
I recently wrote an essay for my film class about it.... well, I only liked the first one. It's a movie I loved since I first saw it,and I was very young then. I've seen it countless times and it's still enjoyable - the best comic book adaptation EVER.
22.05.2006 - 02:33
Icewings
La Luna
I really like the crow the story and everything , and well i LIKE the first one better , the other one's is nothing compare , they are ok but not like the first one .Brandon Lee was an angel ... and well if he had to die he had too , but it's sad .. and at the end of the movie that I have he talks about the movie , but I don't know it has this sense of melancholy liek if he new something was gonna happen ahh movie that will last forever just liek him
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
23.05.2006 - 04:06
Paradise_Lost
Account deleted
I just watched it a few months ago even though I had the film for like about 2 years, I just never got around to watching it. However, I did eventually watch it and I was blown away. Although it has a simple plot, the atmosphere really envelops you. The scene at the dock where he lights a fire and the crow emblem appears was a 'whoaaa...' moment.

Tragic though that Brandon Lee died. R.I.P.
28.05.2006 - 04:07
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The Crow is probably in my top 5 all time favorite movies that I've seen. I love the dark mood and the action scenes, especially the one at the end in the "bad guy base."
28.05.2006 - 10:44
Stigmatized
My favorite scene is when he send T-Bird flying in the car into the water. When he ignites that fluid on the ground and the fire takes shape of a crow....killer shit.
28.05.2006 - 17:00
Avenant
Profane Seraph
There are a LOT of cool scenes... like when he jumps off the roof (before he kills Tintin), lands in the rubbish, and laughs. Then there's the bit when fires the shotgun into Gideon's pawn shop before filling it with the stolen rings... and the rings fly out and ignite the gasoline...awesome. And when everyone shoots him all at once near the end but he doesn't die (actually, that reminds me of that awesome scene in V for vandetta where V kills those about 20 people with his knives while they reload...in slow motion) but the movies' sense of style is part of what makes it so cool... and Lee's death adds a strong cult status to the movie... it's a kinda creepy, acutally.
07.06.2006 - 23:27
Stigmatized
That's true, Lee's death has had an effect on a lot of aspects of The Crow. James O' Barr couldn't do any of the writing for any of the sequels saying that he was good friends with Brandon and everytime he went to write a scene, he would picture Brandon doing the part.
02.08.2006 - 06:03
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by W-Lash on 20.05.2006 at 11:06

I agree, all actors in the following parts of The Crow were noobs compared to Brandon Lee. The episode with playing guitar (on the roof) was great!
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS - YOU HAVE TO DO IT!

That scene slams! I have seen this movie - rented - llike two hundred times and that scene makes me shiver. It's fucking awesome. The song, BTW,is called Inferno, and it's done by Graeme Revell, one of the greatest modern movie musicians.

Written by Stigmatized on 28.05.2006 at 10:44

My favorite scene is when he send T-Bird flying in the car into the water. When he ignites that fluid on the ground and the fire takes shape of a crow....killer shit.

I completely agree, that's my favorite scene too. This one makes me shiver even more than the one in the roof, I mean it's like he's proving that he's here, like a warning to all those guys that killed hims and his wife, pure fuckin revenge. That scene is metal!!!!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.08.2006 - 14:40
W-Lash
Metal Master
Oh, i should get that song!
09.07.2007 - 03:09
Mockingbird622
Account deleted
good fuckin movie... i hate how its become a fuckin hot topic fashon statement and like how a bunch of little fuckin kids who were shitting there pants and sucking on there moms tits think its cool now...my kindergarten teacher got pissed off at me because i brought the movie in for show and tell and i was only 5 years old... said i was too young for "those kind" of movies, bitch said id end up in jail so i guess shes had a record of being wrong... very wrong.
09.07.2007 - 09:40
Judas
The Amputator
I've seen it before, but I just rented it from my local video store. I'm gonna watch it tonight, for the umpteenth time. Awesome film, Brandon Lee was badass, such a pity that stuff happened the way it did.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
16.07.2007 - 08:19
Torture Killer
Account deleted
I've never seen it but i always here good things. and I found it at a garage sale today and I'll probably watch it latter.
17.07.2007 - 19:54
Sonic Titan
Account deleted
lemme do an impression for you CAW BANG FUCK IM DEAD! hahaha best line in the whole fuckin movie
20.07.2007 - 05:33
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
This was an exceptional movie. Even though the concept was simple, the characters were very deep, and the story itself is beautiful. It has been years, however, since i have seen this movie. I need to watch it again soon.

Related to this topic, my favorite actor, and an innovator of the 60's/70's martial arts movement, probably the biggest martial arts innovator of all time, is Bruce Lee. So of course I have an endless amount of respect for his only son Brandon.

RIP to both father and son.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
21.07.2007 - 21:38
Elodie Artour
Slania
I LOVE"The Crow"!It is one of my favourite films ever!The concept,all the dark things,the way Brandon Lee performs his role...All these things are wonderful.
Such a shame that Brandon died.

Quote:
Lee is the son of martial arts legend Bruce Lee, who died in mysterious circumstances before completing Game of Death (1978).

What for a coincidence.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
25.07.2007 - 23:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Saw it a couple of days ago. I liked it very much, especially the early scenes with that crow. After that, it turns a bit too much into a generic action movie for me.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
11.10.2007 - 04:12
"Is that gasoline I smell?"
11.10.2007 - 09:13
Woutjinho
Account deleted
its a great movie indeed
29.03.2008 - 14:09
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
A great movie indeed,is to bad that the followers don't have the same high standard...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
29.03.2008 - 17:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
indeed it's one of the greatest losses, bruce and brandon lee.. bruce was a hell of a better warrior but brandon was an exceptional actor imo, especially in this film where he's great as the psychotic revenge seeking man(i think he would also have been good to play the Joker in a batman movie, though i don't see where his martial arts skill would fit in that character).

i especially like the talk between him and the pawnstore owner when he quotes poe's 'the raven': "suddenly the sound of tapping/as if someone gently rapping/rapping at my chamber door" after very 'gently' he knocks down the door.
29.03.2008 - 22:25
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Hm.. I saw the movie, it was good... But I doubt it would be that known if he hadnt died... He would probably make many better movies in the future... But all in all, its not a bad film, who didnt see it, should watch it... It has some nice and memorable moments... For instance , when he plays the guitar on the roof, thats awesome scene
----
11.04.2008 - 19:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I remember The Crow. A friend of mine has a poster of the film in her room. I liked it, it was so impressive when I watched it at the time. I still think its a movie that has a placein history for being so unique.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.12.2010 - 20:27
JD
Account deleted
Good movie!