Metal Storm logo
GuitarStorm Ep 3 - Tapping Chords Arps

Written by: Forged Soul
Published: 05.07.2011

http://metalstorm.net/pub/pdf/MetalStorm_Tapping_Arps.pdf

Here we go. Today we have a little extension of the chord arpeggio shapes I covered last time. Now we're going to add the right hand and tap some of the notes. The muting can be a bit tricky at first. Take your time. Work on one string at a time, then slowly try to connect them in one direction. Then, the other. Finally put them in order across the fret-board the same way we did with the the chord shapes in episode 2. As always, add notes, take some away, change the shape around to make something musical for you. At the very least, you can impress your friends.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 96 users
06.07.2011 - 07:21
imspazzen

I never realized how weak my fret hand was until I started doing things like this; I really need to work on ma legato. Good lesson though. And nice Parker.
06.07.2011 - 09:46
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Love the screw up with "be careful with the right hand so you don't get the harmonic" (like i just did). as well as them being so automatic that going slow seems far more difficult than ripping off hair-rising metal solii.

next time in town, need to bug you to show off yer chops. well beyond my meager abilites,
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.07.2011 - 19:13
Forged Soul
Music Theory Bot
Haha yeah. I realized that as I was making the video. Holy crap, I have to think about these when they're slowed down.
----
You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream
-Frank Zappa

There are no trolls in my ivory tower!

Hits total: 6903 | This month: 11