13. Kill Team [Death To Posers demo]
14. Desolator [Death To Posers demo]
15. Fight Or Die [Death To Posers demo]
16. Twisted Face [Death To Posers demo]
17. Number One [Certain Death demo]
18. Hands Of Hate [Certain Death demo]
19. Certain Death [video]

Additional info
Initially released as Illusions on 1988. Re-released on CD as Chemical Exposure in 1991. Reissued on 2007 with bonus tracks.

Guest review by
graywolf87
Rating:
A classic among death/thrash listeners, this is by far Sadus' most extreme, aggressive and fastest album. Considered to be one of the fastest bands ever to exist, this album was the first creation of pure adrenaline and madness by the masters of speed death/thrash.

Under the guidance of "Metal Church" guitarist (John Marshall) the debut LP of Illusions sold 7,000 copies catching the attention of Roadrunner Records label. Sadus became known for their intensive/unmatched energy and speedy "in your face" performance that left fans in the late 80s with broken necks and out of breath. The solid line up that grew up knowing each other since High School (Darren Travis: Vocals/guitar, Rob Moor: guitar, Steve DiGiorgio: Bass, Jon Allen: drums) contributed to the effectiveness of this album by creating a sound different from the usual thrash band only to be compared with (but not similar to) bands like Sepultura, Obituary, Kreator, etc who revolutionized the genre into a more rough, extreme, dark and heavier sound known today as death/thrash.

Read more ››
published 10.07.2007 | Comments (2)

Found in 9 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 327 users
09.07.2011 - 21:35
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Just pure insane fun
10.11.2012 - 00:44
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Ridiculous
----
13.12.2012 - 03:08
Illog1cal
Account deleted
SADUS!!! ATAAAAAAAACCCKKK!!!!
28.02.2014 - 20:15
# (HASH)

Reviewer completely over-rated the album!...just coz its at a break necking speed doesn't mean its a good album. Only in few secondest parts of few songs I actually felt now its about the start of the real thing (as the reviewer put an impression in my head about the album), but damn its dull as hell! Sorry. I would give just about 5.5 for this album. Actually I was listening to the Re-released 2006 version where-in interestingly I found a demo song 'Desolator' which perhaps is a definite Sadus attack!!
----
Stay \M/etal!!
05.03.2014 - 19:54
pkillerjp

Written by # (HASH) on 28.02.2014 at 20:15

Reviewer completely over-rated the album!...just coz its at a break necking speed doesn't mean its a good album. Only in few secondest parts of few songs I actually felt now its about the start of the real thing (as the reviewer put an impression in my head about the album), but damn its dull as hell! Sorry. I would give just about 5.5 for this album. Actually I was listening to the Re-released 2006 version where-in interestingly I found a demo song 'Desolator' which perhaps is a definite Sadus attack!!

I agree, this album gets ridiculously over rated. It's fast and menacing, but goes nowhere. Thrash needs riffs that stand out and better songwriting to truly be effective, even a genre like grindcore, where the goal is purely to tear your face off needs some kind of ingredient to make it stand out. I just can't get behind an album like this, there's so much better to be heard.
02.12.2018 - 20:53
Rating: 5
Starvynth
i c deaf people
A classic mispurchase.

Saw this in a store around 1994, rejoiced (because back then, I loved their album Above The Light very much), bought it, went home, unpacked it for the first spin...
...but surprisingly, didn't really like it.
Half an hour later I tried to file this CD in my rack just next to their other (and far better) album - and paused, comparing both covers. Not only their sound did undergo a dramatic backwards evolution, they did obviously also change their band logo quite a bit!

It took me some seconds to finally realise I had confused the name Sadus with Sadist.

So accidently, I am a lucky owner of the initial release of Illusions ever since, but somehow, this fact didn't enrich my life very much.

-> 5/10 + trade list
----
signatures = SPAM
19.05.2020 - 21:38
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Cute little romp. Nothing particularly memorable.

Hits total: 9154 | This month: 24