Metal Storm logo
Most Influential Metal Band

Original post

Posted by MickeyDeez79, 11.07.2011 - 09:24
Which Band is the Most Influential To Metal In Your Opinion?

Poll

What is the most influencial metal band?

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Led Zeppelin
Judas Priest
Slayer
Motörhead

Total votes: 362
13.07.2011 - 04:29
Marcelo Hissa

Black Sabbath is the Father, Led it's like a distant uncle...
----
As the wind carried the deadly seed
to the minds of the doomed
they were gone for the stage of hell

13.07.2011 - 05:10
Winterthrone

Black Sabbath...The fathers of Metal!!! Led Zep is more like their older brothers who openned the way for heavy riffs and pounding drums. Maiden, Priest and Motörhead had an incredible influence too but they didn't create a real new genre like Sabbath. They just took things further in new directions. Slayer, well they had an influence on Death Metal, Black Metal and Thrash metal, but nothing like Sabbath.
13.07.2011 - 06:27
Void Eater
Account deleted
How could anybody vote for something other than Sabbath, the first full on heavy metal band? Sure, Zep had some metal songs, such as Communication Breakdown, but Sabbath was the first song that was all metal all the time.
13.07.2011 - 19:59
0_byte

In my opinion the most influential band in metal is Black Sabbath, in rock - Led Zeppelin.
13.07.2011 - 22:45
Luc
Account deleted
Black Sabbath and with the reasons mentioned above.
14.07.2011 - 00:08
Guib
Thrash Talker
I decided to vote Maiden just because I knew most people would vote for Sabbath and having a thread without a good amount of Maiden points is utopia lollll gotta keep the tradition
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.07.2011 - 00:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
How the hell is it possible that Maiden has four times the amount of votes Priest has when in fact Priest was way more influential for metal, hell they even influenced Maiden
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.07.2011 - 01:17
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.07.2011 at 00:55

How the hell is it possible that Maiden has four times the amount of votes Priest has when in fact Priest was way more influential for metal, hell they even influenced Maiden

The answer would be: Because its Iron Maiden Lol like I said, Maiden scores high in every single polls no matter the question asked.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.07.2011 - 01:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guib on 14.07.2011 at 01:17

The answer would be: Because its Iron Maiden Lol like I said, Maiden scores high in every single polls no matter the question asked.

True, one of the 101 Rules To Being A Metalstormer
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.07.2011 - 01:52
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.07.2011 at 01:29

Written by Guib on 14.07.2011 at 01:17

True, one of the 101 Rules To Being A Metalstormer

Yep... the rule of the Maiden
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.07.2011 - 09:55
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Probably Sabbath, but Priest would have to be right behind them. They introduced(or were the first to populorise) the twin lead guitar sound sowide spread in metal.
Can't believe Motorhead is so low, without them and Venom, there probably wouldn't be any Metallica or Slayer.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
14.07.2011 - 10:32
Jan

Sabbath - no doubt at all..
14.07.2011 - 17:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by M C Vice on 14.07.2011 at 09:55

Probably Sabbath, but Priest would have to be right behind them. They introduced(or were the first to populorise) the twin lead guitar sound sowide spread in metal.
Can't believe Motorhead is so low, without them and Venom, there probably wouldn't be any Metallica or Slayer.

Actually Metallica took way more from Diamond Head, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest than from Motörhead and Venom.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.07.2011 - 17:52
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.07.2011 at 17:47

Actually Metallica took way more from Diamond Head, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest than from Motörhead and Venom.

Yeah it is clear that Diamond Head inspired them... I mean the sound -_- ! lol they also covered Am I Evil
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.07.2011 - 17:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guib on 14.07.2011 at 17:52

Yeah it is clear that Diamond Head inspired them... I mean the sound -_- ! lol they also covered Am I Evil

and many more songs by them
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.07.2011 - 17:57
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.07.2011 at 17:54

Written by Guib on 14.07.2011 at 17:52

and many more songs by them

Yeah well thats the first one I thought of. Some people even believe that the song is actually Metallica's creation
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.07.2011 - 20:30
DHGgreece

I voted for Sabbath, but I would like to vote for Napalm Death and Celtic Frost too, if I could.
14.07.2011 - 22:39
BrightNight

A silly one again...i dont understand there are options available to vote on since its all fact. There should be only one band to vote on.
If you vote anything other the Black Sabbath you dont know enough about Heavy Metal.

Further more....Metallica And Maiden where and are still very influential...but before them Judas Priest on the first place guys! Cant believe they are so low on the list.
Anyway; Black Sabbath created heavy metal. period.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
15.07.2011 - 13:35
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl

I mean that Venom and Motorhead were the biggest influences on the Trash metal genre, in that their sound was the closest to thrash of any pre-thrash band.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
15.07.2011 - 14:55
JD
Account deleted
Written by Marcelo Hissa on 13.07.2011 at 04:29

Black Sabbath is the Father, Led it's like a distant uncle...

Hahaha I love the way you described this, I also voted for Sabbath
15.07.2011 - 16:47
Bulletdodger

Iron Maiden all the way.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
16.07.2011 - 21:08
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Black Sabbath. It simply defined what metal is. And the greatest thing about that: Of all the Rockish stuff in the era of Godfathers of Metal (a la Led Zeppelin), Black Sabbath was the only thing I could identify with as true metal. Man. Truly, they almost invented the whole genre.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
16.07.2011 - 22:14
Void Eater
Account deleted
Metallica practically started out as a Diamond Head cover band. It's quite ridiculous that anybody would think of Metallica as the most influential metal band. They surely got many people into metal, for better or for worse-generally for worse-but weren't as innovative as some people would have you think.

It does make sense that people who got into metal via popular 2000's bands would think of Metallica as the most influential metal band I suppose, most popular modern day metal bands seem to consider Metallica to be the greatest entity concieved by man.
17.07.2011 - 16:47
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 16.07.2011 at 22:14

Metallica practically started out as a Diamond Head cover band. It's quite ridiculous that anybody would think of Metallica as the most influential metal band. They surely got many people into metal, for better or for worse-generally for worse-but weren't as innovative as some people would have you think.

It does make sense that people who got into metal via popular 2000's bands would think of Metallica as the most influential metal band I suppose, most popular modern day metal bands seem to consider Metallica to be the greatest entity concieved by man.

Yeah most Popular modern bands.. you said it, Popular its cause they're not informed properly on the metal scene.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.07.2011 - 01:23
ravendeath

Written by Guib on 17.07.2011 at 16:47

Written by Guest on 16.07.2011 at 22:14

Yeah most Popular modern bands.. you said it, Popular its cause they're not informed properly on the metal scene.

A lot of these guys in "popular modern bands" doesn't even know that metal existed before "Black album".
18.07.2011 - 16:29
Guib
Thrash Talker
LOLL thats kind of Ironic
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
22.07.2011 - 20:36
ravendeath

Written by Guib on 18.07.2011 at 16:29

Yeah, but it's also the sad reality. Once I meet a guy who was playing in the so called "nu metal band" and he thought that "Black album" is the first album that Metallica ever done, and beside this he was wearing "Master Of Puppets" t-shirt.
22.07.2011 - 20:37
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by ravendeath on 22.07.2011 at 20:36

Yeah, but it's also the sad reality. Once I meet a guy who was playing in the so called "nu metal band" and he thought that "Black album" is the first album that Metallica ever done, and beside this he was wearing "Master Of Puppets" t-shirt.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! oh my god.. this is so funny can I say it ? he's an idiot
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
22.07.2011 - 21:11
ravendeath

Written by Guib on 22.07.2011 at 20:37

Written by ravendeath on 22.07.2011 at 20:36

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! oh my god.. this is so funny can I say it ? he's an idiot

And that was my exact response!
24.07.2011 - 14:40
scennkah

Black Sabbath for sure.. how can you go past the master's of metal riffs