Metal Storm logo
Iced Earth - Free Live Webcast Tonight

Iced Earth's live performance at the Ilosaarirock Festival in Joensuu, Finland will be streamed live later today at 7:00 pm local time (12:00 noon EST / 9:00 am PST) at this location (brought to you by the Finnish broadcasting company YLE).

Iced Earth recently entered the studio to begin recording their new upcoming album, Dystopia, with producer Jim Morris. The album is tentatively scheduled for a late 2011 release through Century Media Records. More on that here.

As previously reported, Matt Barlow will retire from the band after the summer festival shows. Afterwards Into Eternity vocalist Stu Block will become the new lead singer for Iced Earth.

Source: ylex.fi
Band profile: Iced Earth
Event: Ilosaarirock Festival
Posted: 16.07.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 142 users
16.07.2011 - 14:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Saw that shit on the Graspop web stream, it was epic as hell.
16.07.2011 - 14:52
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Good opportunity to see them once more seeing that in wacken they plat at the exact same time as shining.
----
16.07.2011 - 14:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Yay, there's no way I can miss this! Just need to find out what time it starts in the UK...
16.07.2011 - 15:05
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.07.2011 at 14:52

Yay, there's no way I can miss this! Just need to find out what time it starts in the UK...

5pm, UK is GMT, so we're GMT+1 and EET is GMT+2.
----
16.07.2011 - 15:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by corrupt on 16.07.2011 at 15:05
5pm, UK is GMT, so we're GMT+1 and EET is GMT+2.

Thanx for that info.
16.07.2011 - 15:11
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Guest on 16.07.2011 at 15:08

Finland is usually GMT+2, but we have a summer time which is GMT+3 at the moment. Not sure does UK have this kinda thing, probably not.

We all do mate 27th of march - 30th of October.
----
16.07.2011 - 15:27
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by corrupt on 16.07.2011 at 15:11

Oh! I always thought the stupid clocks going forwards/backwards thing just happened in Britain..
16.07.2011 - 15:56
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.07.2011 at 15:27

Oh! I always thought the stupid clocks going forwards/backwards thing just happened in Britain..

Well, look at this then. The blue ones are using daylight savings time, the orange ones don't use it anymore and the red ones never had it. About a third of the world uses it.
----
16.07.2011 - 16:00
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Now I feel like an idiot..
16.07.2011 - 16:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.07.2011 at 15:27

damned Brits, Americans and Australians, they think the world revolves all around them!

16.07.2011 - 16:58
Behdaad
DEAD
Written by corrupt on 16.07.2011 at 15:56

Well, look at this then. The blue ones are using daylight savings time, the orange ones don't use it anymore and the red ones never had it. About a third of the world uses it.

Some of US states use DST, a few ones don't!

BTW, what are those orange dots in the middle of US? Are those cities which don't use DST?!
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
16.07.2011 - 17:12
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Behdaad on 16.07.2011 at 16:58
BTW, what are those orange dots in the middle of US? Are those cities which don't use DST?!

That's confusing! lol

The orange dots are cities which at one point did use DST, but don't anymore.
16.07.2011 - 18:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Watching it now .... great great see my fav game on TV heheh Stiga table hockey rules, did not know SM liiga coulored players are awalible, but 2 pölayers make tachtiqal mistaces
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.07.2011 - 18:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 16.07.2011 at 18:51

Watching it now .... great great see my fav game on TV heheh Stiga table hockey rules, did not know SM liiga coulored players are awalible, but 2 pölayers make tachtiqal mistaces

Ive been sitting through an hour of Finnish people talking, doing bizarre things with ice cream, and a silly band. All so I won't miss the start of the show.
16.07.2011 - 18:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.07.2011 at 18:53

Written by Bad English on 16.07.2011 at 18:51

Ive been sitting through an hour of Finnish people talking, doing bizarre things with ice cream, and a silly band. All so I won't miss the start of the show.

hehe Im not watching all time so I just didnt see what they done whit ice cream, but if they be nacked I could imadge
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.07.2011 - 19:01
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 16.07.2011 at 18:57
hehe Im not watching all time so I just didnt see what they done whit ice cream, but if they be nacked I could imadge

Fortunately it didn't involve naked people heehe This guy took a couple of bags containing I dunno what, smashed them up, and then put it in a bowl. Which started billowing with smoke, or some type of icy steam. Then the other guy took the tub of ice cream, and put it in the bowl... and then the other guy put some ice cream on plates... I have no idea what all that was about!
16.07.2011 - 20:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Just finished watching the stream, and it was awesome! Aside from being a little bit ropey during "Declaration Day" and the first two verses of "The Coming Curse" (during which there seemed to be some problem with Matt's mic), Matt sounded absolutely amazing. I really wish he wasn't going..

The sound was perfect, with the bass clear and upfront in the mix without drowning out the guitars. Hearing Freddie Vidales' playing clearly for the first time ever, he totally blew me away.. he is a monster bass player! And Brent Smedley sounded better than ever, a real demon behind the kit! I really enjoyed it, but was a little tearful cos I know Matt is going soon.

This was the setlist:

1776 (Intro), Burning Times, Declaration Day, Vengeance Is Mine, Violate, Last December, I Died For You, Travel In Stygian, The Hunter, Jack, Prophecy, Birth Of The Wicked, The Coming Curse.

Encore: Iced Earth \m/
16.07.2011 - 22:04
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.07.2011 at 20:30

Just finished watching the stream, and it was awesome! Aside from being a little bit ropey during "Declaration Day" and the first two verses of "The Coming Curse" (during which there seemed to be some problem with Matt's mic), Matt sounded absolutely amazing. I really wish he wasn't going..

The weird thing with Matt right now is that the highest part of his range is actually his strongest. Elsewhere he either runs out of power or is even out of key at times.
16.07.2011 - 23:39
AXA

I WATCHED ,,, COOL ...
THANKS \../
17.07.2011 - 00:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Risto on 16.07.2011 at 22:04
The weird thing with Matt right now is that the highest part of his range is actually his strongest. Elsewhere he either runs out of power or is even out of key at times.

Yep, I noticed that too. Since his return to Iced Earth, Ive noticed him really struggling with his high range live. But his highs were insanely good today, he sounded back to his best in that department! His lower range was for the most part, very good as well, although at times he did sound strained, especially during "Declaration Day" and "The Coming Curse". (Although he sang great on the last verse of the latter, redeeming himself) And a part of "Travel In Stygian" too. His lows while being far from bad, were noticeably his weaker department today, which is strange, cos that's usually his strongest. lol His high range was incredible today, I was amazed! xD
17.07.2011 - 02:01
bluegreengod
Account deleted
Nothing like a fucking metal show at 10:00 AM local time. Actually, one of the best live performances I've seen was Soilwork at like 11 AM at an ozzfest.

Hits total: 3080 | This month: 3