Metal Storm logo
Your Favorite Female Singer

Poll

Who is your favorite female singer? and Please tell us why?

Other (Please Specify)
Floor Jensen (ReVamp)
Tarja Taurunon (Tarja)
Simone Simons (Epica)
Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)
Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)
Sharon Den Adel (Within Temptation)
Marcela Bovio (Stream of Passion)
Pilar "Ailyn" Giménez (Sirenia)

Total votes: 68
17.07.2011 - 03:22
Metal_4Ever

I am a biggest female-fronted metal bands fan and I'm interested to know who is the best one of the female singers I know there are a lots of people who will say "I can't choose, impossible to choose" take your convenience in choose but choose the one who like it the most and you like to listen to her music more than the other ones.
There are alot of females who have a nice voice to choose but for me I'd choose Marcela Bovio from Stream of Passion she has a great voice and... I can't explain it's just an emotional reasons.
17.07.2011 - 05:08
Void Eater
Account deleted
Tyranizer of German thrash band Nocturnal or Kat of the sludge band Salome and Agropharic Nosebleed. Both are harsh female vocalists-Kat's gutteral's sound more aggressive to me than most mens, and Tyranizer just kicks ass. Also, they don't use their gender as a gimick to sell to horny teens, like many famous female vocalists do.
17.07.2011 - 11:59
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Sharon Den Adel, shez HOT!!
17.07.2011 - 13:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Those all are what you know where is Runhild Gammelsæter , Kari Rueslåtten , Marta Gabriel, Ilona ''Metal lady'' Biro, besty Bitch, Sa?a Potmě?ilová, Simona Køtìnová, Zuzana Martincová, Lucie Roubíèková,(all Krles) also that thrash band from 80's USA damn forfgot name not Hirax, but something simmilar , last album artwork was red Dalein , Anita Auglend , Sabina Klassen, Dawn Crowsby, Stefanie Duchêne , Laurie Ann Haus , Lisa Johansson, Stine Mari Langstrand , Stefany Luztzie(Atargatis), Emily Alice (IMO was Pythia singers name), Marija Dokmanovic , Marta Vlahovic(both Abonos); Tamara Mulaosmanovic, Dunja Radetic, Marina Zrilic + many many other metal, gothic, doom and some other bands use a female singer, point is your list is totaly overated and whit out deeper knowladge of metal, because its most pop and easy find list .... I vote other because I dont like non, only Tarja, from youre mine is much better and there much much, much , much more bands whit female vocalists who kick ass more, good bands live sunderground,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.07.2011 - 17:06
Berserk

Its either Sharon or Tarja for me.
----
Fear the Old Blood
17.07.2011 - 17:39
Timm O)))

Julie Christmas kicks ass. So does Runhild Gammelsæter.
I also like to see Anneke van Giersbergen appear on various metal albums.
18.07.2011 - 01:17
ravendeath

Doro, Anneke (The Gathering), Lita Ford,...
18.07.2011 - 09:42
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
There is a lot of truth in names. Floor wipes the FLOOR with all of the other female vocalists. Nowadays Tarja barely even registers on her scale. Also, all of Therion's singers are good too, leagues above Scabbie and Bovio.
19.07.2011 - 19:17
Metal_4Ever

Written by Bad English on 17.07.2011 at 13:07

Those all are what you know where is Runhild Gammelsæter , Kari Rueslåtten , Marta Gabriel, Ilona ''Metal lady'' Biro, besty Bitch, Sa?a Potmě?ilová, Simona Køtìnová, Zuzana Martincová, Lucie Roubíèková,(all Krles) also that thrash band from 80's USA damn forfgot name not Hirax, but something simmilar , last album artwork was red Dalein ,

Well, if i must put all these names i would need about 20 choice ane as u know there are just 9
19.07.2011 - 19:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Metal_4Ever on 19.07.2011 at 19:17

Written by Bad English on 17.07.2011 at 13:07

Those all are what you know where is Runhild Gammelsæter , Kari Rueslåtten , Marta Gabriel, Ilona ''Metal lady'' Biro, besty Bitch, Sa?a Potmě?ilová, Simona Køtìnová, Zuzana Martincová, Lucie Roubíèková,(all Krles) also that thrash band from 80's USA damn forfgot name not Hirax, but something simmilar , last album artwork was red Dalein ,

Well, if i must put all these names i would need about 20 choice ane as u know there are just 9

put half ''underground'' and halg overated its be fair
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.07.2011 - 02:00
ColdRail

Alissa White-Gluz from the Melodeath/Metalcore band "The Agonist"
25.07.2011 - 14:25
ToMegaTherion

Simone Simons in my opinion is head and shoulders above most singers. But Macella Bovia is quickly becoming a favourite.
26.07.2011 - 19:48
Ankläger

Definitely gonna go with Kat, 'cause she can really wail.
Also, if she were a president, she'd be Babraham(?) Lincoln.
26.07.2011 - 21:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I'll go with Grace Perry of Landmine Marathon.

when I reviewed Rusted Eyes Awake a couple years ago i described her thusly:

"Vocalist Grace Perry has the looks of the girl next door, and she also has the pipes of the girl next door - if you happen to live some suburb of Hell, that is. "
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.07.2011 - 22:59
IronAngel

Haha, what a no-brainer: Anneke van Giersbergen is probably in the top 5 female singers overall, and easily my favorite metal vocalist.

Jex Thoth is pretty cool too. But I probably like her so much because of her image and music style, not just the intensive vocals.
29.07.2011 - 21:20
KameloticA

There's a lot of Female Singers and a lots of kinds...
Sharon Den Adel is #1 for me #2 Simone Simons and #3 Marcela Bovio
30.07.2011 - 00:27
Pennywise213
Account deleted
Monika Edvardsen, the former vocalist of Atrox.

She listen like as she is obsessed:
30.07.2011 - 15:35
tirim4

I'd have to say Anneke Van Giersbergen hands down, but as this seems to be geared towards female fronted metal I chose Marcela Bovio even though Anneke has done some great metal work. I just love her on the album Addicted by The Davin Townsend Project.

But on Marcela; I think she's really good. She has a diverse and powerful yet emotional voice.
30.07.2011 - 22:08
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Yeah I remember the atrox vocalist having a cool voice.
Anyway I like
Sera Timms from Black Math Horsemen. She's got the most amazing dream inducing voice.
Laura Pleasants from Kylesa
Julie Christmas from Made out of Babies. I love her vocals
Stevie floyd from Dark Castle
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
05.08.2011 - 22:25
NecroCorpSlayer

Vivian Slaughter from Gallhammer.
06.08.2011 - 17:14
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Tarja FTW.
07.08.2011 - 01:34
Metal_4Ever

Written by Guest on 06.08.2011 at 17:14

Tarja FTW.

From the posters rules here's one:
Always give detailed opinions, with explanations and as much as information as needed. If you're gonna answer the topic "Mayhem vs Marduk" with "MAYHEM!!!!!", you can count the days till you get banned. That's just spamming.
14.09.2011 - 12:39
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by NecroCorpSlayer on 05.08.2011 at 22:25

Vivian Slaughter from Gallhammer.

Fuck yeah!
Actually my fav. is Kimberly Goss from Sinergy. Their my fav. band and she can sing both nice and nasty. But Slaughter is near the top of my fav. female singers(along with Charlotte Wessels, Angela Gossow, Sharon Den Adel, both Nightwish singers, Risa Reaper, Domonique Persi from Stolen Babies and the 2 chicks who sang on Therio's Gothic Kabbalah album.)
Sorry about typing fav., but I can't spell the full word.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
14.09.2011 - 13:31
R'Vannith
ghedengi
For metal I'd say Anneke Van Giersbergen, Agnete Kirkevaag, Ida Haukland and Elisa Martin are my favourites.
25.10.2013 - 04:12
Lord_Regnier

You guys don't have it. The best female Metal vocalist is Aaralyn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utA1w4eq1PA
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
26.10.2013 - 20:12
Wukk

A couple of my favourites that haven't been mentioned yet: Daísa Munhoz of Vandroya and Aleah Stanbridge of Trees of Eternity/her solo stuff.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
30.10.2013 - 18:43
Skeletonryche95

My favorites would have to be (out of the woefully few I have listened to):

Elisa Martin from Dark Moor- I have a thing for women using the classic metal/Power Metal vocals. I just like the sound of them. Elisa's vocals probably made me relize that.

Marta Gabriel/Leather Wych from Crystal Viper- Same as above. I like the rougher edge to her voice, a bit more attitude. I would say Jill Janus from Huntress is similar, but sometimes her voice is annoying, so I've stuck with Marta.

Tarja Turunen- Nightwish was one of my favorite bands after i started getting into this stuff, and Tarja's vocals were a big part of that.
I've never liked the Opera/Soprano vocals from anyone more than her.

I would have put Sabine Dünser, but I may need to listen to some more Elis before I can say that.
31.10.2013 - 03:08
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Wendy O Williams of the Plasmatics, the Great Kat, Sabina Classen of Holy Moses, Laura Pleasants of Kylesa and Lita Ford are probably my favorites.
18.12.2013 - 11:05
whatsacow

Either Annlouice Loegdlund from Diablo Swing Orchestra, or Leïlindel from Unexpect. Annlouice is more talented, but Leïlindel has an awesome tone to her voice that I just love.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
18.12.2013 - 11:56
Masonics

Julie Kiss from T-Mera. Has a perfect voice for that band, the styles blend perfectly together with her voice and the proggy passages.

Also another heads up for Elisa Martin from Dark moor/Fairyland. She was the First female vocalist I heard in metal, and loved her different female singing style and that accent!