Metal Storm logo
Swedish Black Metal vs Norwegian Black Metal

Original post

Posted by MesiasDesmorphus, 17.07.2011 - 23:01
Basically bands like Marduk, Lord Belial, Dissection (if you consider them black metal), Watain vs Immortal, Satyricon, Mayhem and Gorgoroth.

even though Norwegian brand is a classic, I personally choose Swedish bm, love their acoustic work.
04.05.2015 - 21:09
Gullveig
Norge for Black and Sverige for death/black
All black bands has been influenced by Bathory, The swedish master but Norwegian black metal is something abolutely more powerful then swedish.
and... we cannot forget the real master band for black metal, Venom, UK band.
In the end masters are : Venom (UK), Bathory (swe), Celtic frost (swiss), Hellhammer (swiss) and Mercyful fate (denmark)... all black is coming from these bands.
Norwegian Black metal is pure, absolutely amazing and I can really feel Norge listening norwegian bands
----
"The lies of Christ will lose...the ways of hell I chose
I drink the floating blood...defy the fury of God"
05.05.2015 - 12:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gullveig on 04.05.2015 at 21:09

All black bands has been influenced by Bathory, The swedish master but Norwegian black metal is something abolutely more powerful then swedish.
In the end masters are : Venom (UK), Bathory (swe), Celtic frost (swiss), Hellhammer (swiss) and Mercyful fate (denmark)... all black is coming from these bands.
Norwegian Black metal is pure, absolutely amazing and I can really feel Norge listening norwegian bands

and overrated as well, all bands were influenced by Bathory, venom, Merciful Fate, Celtic Frost until create onw sound, second vaiv but onkly few from Norway are good, its just name Norge what makes them be good, other nations can bring same level ... and nowadays basically are no good band from Norway anymore, in last 5 years, other nations taking over
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.05.2015 - 13:22
Gullveig
Written by Bad English on 05.05.2015 at 12:44

and overrated as well, all bands were influenced by Bathory, venom, Merciful Fate, Celtic Frost until create onw sound, second vaiv but onkly few from Norway are good, its just name Norge what makes them be good, other nations can bring same level ... and nowadays basically are no good band from Norway anymore, in last 5 years, other nations taking over

well maybe you re right when you say there are not too much good band now from nor
there are a lot of new bands that souds great but are not good then old bands
----
"The lies of Christ will lose...the ways of hell I chose
I drink the floating blood...defy the fury of God"
09.05.2015 - 13:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gullveig on 09.05.2015 at 13:22

Written by Bad English on 05.05.2015 at 12:44

well maybe you re right when you say there are not too much good band now from nor
there are a lot of new bands that souds great but are not good then old bands

okd bands has sentimental values , new ones can be good if genre is old ... but new ones everywhere are unknown
----

apos;'
[image]
24.06.2015 - 21:03
I prefer the Norwegian scene. I never liked the more melodic approach of the Swedish scene. Norwegian riffing has been a huge influence since the start of the Second Wave Of Black Metal. Second to me, the Greek scene. I don't mean Rotting Christ but bands like Agatus, Zemial, Varathron and the more experimental Necromantia.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
25.06.2015 - 02:32
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Both have amazing bands, Norway has Enslaved, Mayhem, Immortal, Thorns, etc. And Sweden has ehmmmmm Dissection and...... Dissection... I don't freaking remember, but there are good BM bands in that country, I'm sure....
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
25.06.2015 - 03:21
no one
Account deleted
With all the bands now, present, old and split it would be hard to say for sure, sweden tends to have the best depressive bm from what i have come across.
25.06.2015 - 20:20
Candlemass
Defaeco
Isn't Sweden more known for its Death metal? I find it to be a funny choice
25.06.2015 - 21:45
no one
Account deleted
Written by Candlemass on 25.06.2015 at 20:20

why?
26.06.2015 - 15:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.06.2015 at 21:45

Written by Candlemass on 25.06.2015 at 20:20

why?

because its true name DM bands from Nor and BM bands from Swe
you will do Swe Dm and Nor BM
----

apos;'
[image]
26.06.2015 - 15:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
Love both scenes although I feel that Norway nowadays isn't as strong as their 90's stuff. Because of that I'll go with Sweden for having excellent "modern" bands and also a better depressive black metal scene.
----
26.06.2015 - 19:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 26.06.2015 at 15:27

Love both scenes although I feel that Norway nowadays isn't as strong as their 90's stuff. Because of that I'll go with Sweden for having excellent "modern" bands and also a better depressive black metal scene.

Agree about it but Swe has deeper underground scene , Nor had more mainstream
----

apos;'
[image]
20.07.2015 - 02:32
DARKKUBAN
Norway all the way:banger:
03.11.2015 - 15:29
Sang Dalang Abu
Of course Norwegian black metal rules. Bathory (Swe) might just first wave, then Norwegian bm perfected it.

Norwegian bm had awesome album Under Sign of Hell, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, Nattestid... etc. But like Bad Engwlish said Norwegian bm had more mainstream.
Black metal didn't need too mainstream. Because of this too many copy-cat bands like Immortal, Darkthrone. wtf.

Sweden bm, agreed with that guy sweden have the best depressive bm
And Setherial - Nord one of my favorite bm ever.

So I prefer both.
07.03.2016 - 21:32
Enteroctopus
I get fed up with the "tr00" bm thing. Does it have to be recorded on a children's 1980's Fischer Price tape recorder to be "tr00?" Did it have to be written while urinating on the ashes of a church? To met that's just ridiculous. The whole early nineties Mayhem thing was nothing more than a bunch of gangbanger bullshit. The music that came out of that wasn't all that great, either.

Honestly I'm not sure I even listen to anything that would be considered "tr00," so I guess I'm not cool.
07.03.2016 - 23:06
no one
Account deleted
Written by Enteroctopus on 07.03.2016 at 21:32

I get fed up with the "tr00" bm thing. Does it have to be recorded on a children's 1980's Fischer Price tape recorder to be "tr00?" Did it have to be written while urinating on the ashes of a church? To met that's just ridiculous. The whole early nineties Mayhem thing was nothing more than a bunch of gangbanger bullshit. The music that came out of that wasn't all that great, either.

Honestly I'm not sure I even listen to anything that would be considered "tr00," so I guess I'm not cool.

Poser