02. Baphomet's Meteor
03. Crowning The Winged Skull
04. Society Of The Dilettanti
05. Desire, Lust And Incubus
06. Eyes Wide Shut And Lips Wide Open
07. The Shadow Doctrine
08. Behind The Druid Walls
09. Those We Guide

Thou Art Lord throughout all these years have been the manifestation of a whole scene, the Greek extreme metal scene, since members of the leading acts of the Greek metal scene have formed Thou Art Lord and members of several bands take part paying tribute to their scene. Sakis (Necromayhem) of Rotting Christ on the vocals and the guitars, Magus Wampyr Daoloth of Necromantia on the bass guitar and the vocals, Spiros (Seth) of Septic Flesh on the vocals and Akis K. of Septic Flesh on the drums accompanied by Horrified's Gore, Negative Creeps' John and Makis and Order of the Ebon Hand's Merkaal as guest vocalists and Swan Christy's Iraklis on the keyboards lead Thou Art Lord, after "Apollyon", "Eosforos" and some EPs , to the new millennium with "DV8", a black/death metal hybrid unleashing Hell to the world.

"DV8" consists of 9 compositions of pure nocturnal lyricism, unholy lyrics, evil atmosphere and aggressive beauty opening the 7 Gates of Hell for all of us, adorers of extreme metal, where demons crave redemption and angels spit on their face. For one more time Thou Art Lord show the greatness of the Greek scene embodied in one more album filled with inspiration and darkness. Follow the disharmonious melodies into the deepest realms of Hell, cherish the ecstasy of the sinners, "bathe in Venus' tears" and finally drown?

"In Nomini Die Nostri Satanas Luciferi Excelsi" and "DV8" opens with the abysmal "A Chaldean Hex", a composition filled with awesome guitar riffing and Necromayhem's unearthly voice interpreting in a chaotic way. "Baphomet's Meteor" continues the album in utter brutality with groovy static guitar riffing and Seth's draconian voice summoning Baphomet along with Magus Wampyr Daoloth's eerie howls during the refrain as unholy keyboard melodies float here and there strengthening the overall evil feeling. "DV8" flows wonderfully in the vein of Rotting Christ with an utterly inspired and imposing composition with an intense epic feeling in the air, "Crowning the Winged Skull". The album continues in groovy/death metal tones with Seth's grunts shaking both Heaven and Hell with "Society of the Dilettanti", an utterly evil composition, "an act of rebellion against a tyrant God".

"Desire, Lust and Incubus" lets "DV8" flow in an aggressive way with rhythm section lending major groove to the song and Necromayhem adding a sense of Rotting Christ to it with his renowned voice leading to the following "Eyes wide shut and lips wide open" taking you on a journey to dark sardonic skies with the raging guitar riffing and Seth and Necromayhem summoning the unholy ceremony evoking visions of Hell and sin in front of the very eyes of the listener, an unholy atmosphere enriched by the evil lyrics and samples of ritualistic lust. The greatness of "DV8" continues with "The Shadow Doctrine" entrancing the listener with its utterly inspired ideas and stunning guitar work, a composition filled with an intense evil feeling praising the draconian might. "Behind the Druid Walls" continues the album keeping the black candles burning with its nocturnal atmosphere evoked by the unearthly vocal interpretations and the unerring guitar riffing leading the album to its end with "Those We Guide", an unholy black metal manifestation with eerie descriptive interpretations by both the Magus, Necromayhem and Seth accompanied by the ecstatic guitar work and the haunting keyboard ideas that echo at times making the overall atmosphere even more satanic and beautifully dark.

Thou Art Lord keep on remaing the manifestation of a whole scene keeping the black cult alive and "DV8" is a complete black/death metal masterpiece by the Greek pantheon profoundly! Still waiting? Run and get it!

Written on 06.12.2004 by "It is myself I have never met, whose face is pasted on the underside of my mind."

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 29 users
27.09.2006 - 17:52
Rating: 10
GODlike ?

Excellent album. Chorus, some symphonic elements, some nu vocals (very few fortunately), very good melodies and pure satanic atmosphere.
27.09.2006 - 20:19
Damnated
Churchburner
I really gotto check out the greek bm scene, if it sounds like Derroz sais. any recommendation is apreciated.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
27.09.2006 - 20:59
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Written by Damnated on 27.09.2006 at 20:19

I really gotto check out the greek bm scene, if it sounds like Derroz sais. any recommendation is apreciated.

Rotting Christ - Thy Mighty Contract
Rotting Christ - Non Serviam
Rotting Christ - Triarchy Of The Lost Lovers
Thou Art Lord - Apollyon
Order Of The Ebon Hand - The Mystic Path To The Netherworld
Order Of The Ebon Hand - XV: The Devil
Varathron - His Majesty At The Swamp
Necromantia - Scarlet Evil Witching Black
Naer Mataron - Up From The Ashes (which is their most greek black metal driven album, the other ones are more norwegian)
and such, i have a long time to listen to the black metal scene of my country, but i think these are some good thingies to start with!
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
27.09.2006 - 23:25
Damnated
Churchburner
thank you very much! I'm gonna look these up now.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.12.2006 - 16:57
Rating: 8
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
their best album in my oppinion

the list DerRozzengarten made, its really great, but i have to add Necromantia's EP, Ancient Pride
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...

Hits total: 3902 | This month: 4