03. Johnny Bud
04. Untitled
05. Crossroads
06. I Hate
07. I Hate 2
08. Boogie Man
09. Letters
10. One More

I remember the day when one of my mates came at work wearing a silly shirt with a simple name on it, Boozing Trucker. It was two years ago already and I still remember the sound of the first demo of this really cool and funny band from Strasbourg, France. I'm happy today to see that they've released their first album, "One More", last year and for sure this is a really good Stoner release, nothing new and maybe a bit classic but well done and clearly fun. "One More" is a good first album? hum let's drink a bit now!

If you like Stoner, Hard Rock and Rock N Roll, "One More" was probably made for you my friends. Sure this is not the album of the century but the Boozing Truckers have something in their music. The release is full of Rock N Roll riffs with of course a really dirty sound, that's good Stoner definitely. I'm not saying too that "One More" is really simple, the structures are not so easy and we have good guitars soli but all in all this is one of these albums full of good catchy melodies which are simply perfect to party. That's probably the main wish of the band, when your name is Boozing Truckers and when you pretend to like booze anyway, it cannot be so serious. I like this side of the combo it's good sometime to listen to music which is not really serious. But "One More" is above all a good album of Rock N Roll so if you like Hard Rock I'm sure that you'll enjoy a lot the release.

"One More" is a self-released album and finally its production is not bad. Sure the booklet is really poor, this is a bit sad that we don't have any lyrics, but at least the sound is correct and honest for such a release. The Boozing Truckers are good musicians too, they don't play mega technical music but they're not bad musicians even if the voice of Jack Bud is not the most beautiful voice on Earth, but here really that's not really important. This is Stoner after all?

"One More" is in the category of all those good spirit releases. It's maybe not perfect or original but you'll get good vibes when you'll listen to the album. We'll see later if the Boozing Truckers will be able to confirm my good hopes but if they can still play this music in the future, we will definitely have fun for a long time. "One More" is full of nice songs perfectly done for the live so if you're looking for good "Rock N Roll" have a look on this release or just don't miss the band if they come to your city.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 03.07.2008

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 6 users
26.07.2011 - 18:55
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Good review, and this site have strange bands...

Hits total: 2527 | This month: 3