Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Exclusive Fan Club 30th Anniversary Shows

Metallica has scheduled a handful of 30th anniversary shows at the Fillmore in San Francisco, CA in December only and exclusively for Metallica fan club members.

The band released the following statement: "Thirty years of Metallica... can you believe it? We think it's cause for a major celebration! You've been asking for a while now "just what the hell are you going to do to mark 30 years as a band?" closely followed by "why don't we have more exclusive shows for Fan Club members?"

We've heard you loud and clear and are beyond psyched to announce that the week of December 5, 2011 will be a full on Metallica week in the Bay Area, more specifically we will be playing four shows for Met Club members only at the historic Fillmore in San Francisco on December 5, 7, 9, and 10 to celebrate our 30th anniversary. These unique shows will include special guests and events, rare songs, varied set lists, odds and ends, and all the nutty stuff you expect from Metallica... fun for the entire family! Come to the Bay Area and spend the week with us to not only close out 2011 out with a bang, but to celebrate over three decades worth of craziness.

Participate in the entire week of festivities with special four pack tickets (one ticket for each of the four shows) and automatic entry into the contests for various other special events, available for the clever price of $19.81 (get it??). If you can't join us for the full week, we'll have individual show tickets too and as you can see we're going back to early '80's ticket pricing (but not the hair!)... single show tickets will be just $6.00 each. Both four packs and individual show tickets will be available for Fan Club members only through a reservation system and we do have to add facility fees, blah, blah. Clubbers can log in for all the details... we're taking reservations through August 8."

Metallica - 30th Anniversary Shows:

12/05/2011 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
12/07/2011 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
12/09/2011 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
12/10/2011 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Event: Metallica: Exclusive Met Club 30th Anniversary Shows
Posted: 30.07.2011 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 101 users
30.07.2011 - 19:36
Kenos
Account deleted
Celebrating 10 years of respectable career and 20 of jesting.
30.07.2011 - 20:05
RudyLatos

Celebrating three albums of great music, and ten(?) albums of sold-out shit.
30.07.2011 - 20:20
RavenKing

"Fun for the entire family". How could you be more mainstream?
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
30.07.2011 - 20:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 30.07.2011 at 20:20

Hehe, yep, I can't see early Metallica shows being very "family friendly"!

Kudos to them though for making the tickets just $6 and $19.81 for a ticket to all 4 shows. A band their size could easily get away with charging extortionate amounts for these shows. Kinda shows Manowar up for the cowboys and rip off merchants that they are...
30.07.2011 - 21:04
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 30.07.2011 at 20:58

Kudos to them though for making the tickets just $6 and $19.81 for a ticket to all 4 shows. A band their size could easily get away with charging extortionate amounts for these shows. Kinda shows Manowar up for the cowboys and rip off merchants that they are...

It's quite reasonable, indeed.

As for Manowar, the prices are proportional to DeMaio's swollen head.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
31.07.2011 - 08:39
The Voyager
The Table
Written by RavenKing on 30.07.2011 at 20:20

I'm thinking that was probably a sarcastic comment, and not meant to be taken seriously.
31.07.2011 - 08:41
Void Eater
Account deleted
I bet a fuckload of people just became Metclub members.

Also, anybody else think that they should wear long haired wigs for these shows?
31.07.2011 - 09:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I would love to see this, seeing as they're probably gonna draft in Ron McGovney and/or Brian Tatler and/or Jason Newsted and/or Mustaine for a few songs.
31.07.2011 - 21:56
Kub

Written by RudyLatos on 30.07.2011 at 20:05

Sure it's a troll?
31.07.2011 - 22:13
Abattoir

I think that these shows could be for free (regarding of this occasion)...not that 6 bucks is a lot, but still.
01.08.2011 - 07:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Kub on 31.07.2011 at 21:56

Written by RudyLatos on 30.07.2011 at 20:05

Sure it's a troll?

No, I agree with him, even though And Justice is not a sold out album it is their true start of decline.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.08.2011 - 19:40
arwestromen

Bla bla bla bla moan bitch moan bla bla bla sell outs bla bla bla st anger sucks balls bla bla bla Lars is a tool bla bla bla not good since the 80's bla bla bla mainstream shit bla bla bla Justin bieber must die bla bla bla....BLA!!!!!!!
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
02.08.2011 - 18:21
RudyLatos

Nah, I'm more successful as a troll. Try harder.

Hits total: 2934 | This month: 2