Poll

Which one do you prefer?

Cannibal Corpse
Monstrosity

Total votes: 45
31.07.2011 - 00:55
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Okay ... Cannibal Corpse and Monstrosity are two of the best Florida based old-school death metal, but what really links them is that the infamous George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher was vocalist for both bands. It's not a Corpsegrinder battle, but a battle between CC and Monstrosity.
Personally, I heard Tomb Of The Mutilated and a few other songs by CC, and I have to admit they're boring. Then I checked out Monstrosity, and I was a little nervous as I thought it might be similar to CC, but what I got was one of the most exciting catchy old-school DM. Classic stuff, with the legendary Corpsegrinder doing the vocals.
Monstrosity FTW.
31.07.2011 - 01:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Dude overall Cannibal Corpse are far better. But I m with you on this point that Corpsegrinder was far better in Monstrosity than in CC. But legendary bassist like Alex Webster and Paul( drummer) their pinnacle of their theme is hugely respected in Death Metal, Brutal Death Metal or kinda in some stuff underground.
31.07.2011 - 01:07
@gent_-_orange

Voted Monstrosity because IMO their first two records beat anything released by the Corpse. CC are going to run away with this poll though.
31.07.2011 - 01:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by @gent_-_orange on 31.07.2011 at 01:07

Voted Monstrosity because IMO their first two records beat anything released by the Corpse. CC are going to run away with this poll though.

That was the only reason Corpsegringer left that group and came in CC. I know their first two albums were fucking good but Monstrosity wasnt going anywhere and with the fact the cold war between the drummer and rest of the bandmates were diluting the whole band.
31.07.2011 - 01:26
@gent_-_orange

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 31.07.2011 at 01:13

That was the only reason Corpsegringer left that group and came in CC. I know their first two albums were fucking good but Monstrosity wasnt going anywhere and with the fact the cold war between the drummer and rest of the bandmates were diluting the whole band.

Yeh I agree Monstrosity where going nowhere (like a lot of DM bands that released hidden gems) and could never ever match the Reputation of CC (who I dont really like) I can see why Corpsegrinder left the band though given those circumstances. On pure Musical terms though Monstrosity's first two are superior IMO, nothing CC released comes close, They are a good live band but I find the albums boring... Just my two cents though.
31.07.2011 - 01:37
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by @gent_-_orange on 31.07.2011 at 01:26

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 31.07.2011 at 01:13

Yeh I agree Monstrosity where going nowhere (like a lot of DM bands that released hidden gems) and could never ever match the Reputation of CC (who I dont really like) I can see why Corpsegrinder left the band though given those circumstances. On pure Musical terms though Monstrosity's first two are superior IMO, nothing CC released comes close, They are a good live band but I find the albums boring... Just my two cents though.

Dude I agree on this part. Their latest release "Evisceration Plague" wasnt that good as compared to the awesomest like "Kill" "The Bleeding" or "Gallery Suicide". But if Monstrosity would've continued their reputation as they did in the first two albums trust me imo they would have topping the DM scene today.
31.07.2011 - 02:10
SymphonyImpaled

Monstrosity is far superior... Not to mention the non-corpsegrinder vocalist was far superior.
Anyway It wasn't just monstrosity's first two albums it was All five of them. Granted "spritual apocalypse" and "Rise to Power" lacked the intensity of the last three.
Where CC has a shitload of music, a lot of which are boring ass, cliche songs, Monstrosity has Five albums of Pure fucking gold. I have all their albums and not a single song by them isn't amazing.
31.07.2011 - 03:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cant choose only diference is CC are in mainstream, but monstyrocity is not, but imo both are same level bands , i love em both
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.07.2011 - 03:28
theflyingmachine

I can see why people would vote for Monstrosity, and I was halfway tempted to myself. But, I can think of of five great albums by Cannibal Corpse (and a sixth that is pretty good), whereas I only consider Millenium as a classic and thought In Dark Purity was pretty meh. Imperial Doom would have been a lot better if the production was decent.
31.07.2011 - 14:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by theflyingmachine on 31.07.2011 at 03:28

I can see why people would vote for Monstrosity, and I was halfway tempted to myself. But, I can think of of five great albums by Cannibal Corpse (and a sixth that is pretty good), whereas I only consider Millenium as a classic and thought In Dark Purity was pretty meh. Imperial Doom would have been a lot better if the production was decent.

Exactly CC's new album Evisceration Plague was the decent album( not as good as "Tomb Of The Mutilated" "Kill" "The Bleeding" but overall CC is much better than Monstrosity. I've a great respect for Monstrosity too as their first two albums was fucking kick ass but if you go as from the fan base statistics I think CC is the main player in the Death Metal scene.
01.08.2011 - 10:18
Derelict Earth

Definitely Monstrosity, way more interesting musically !
12.09.2011 - 01:54
a MasT

How can u just say "they're boring" like its a fact, its your small opinion and you don't know shit, you listened to one of there 12 albums for 12 secs. Theres a reason theyve done so much better in the underground scene: musical growth, superior sound, and consistency. Monstrosity is a revolving door, like a good starting spot for musicians before they put on their big boy pants. CC wears big boy pants.
01.11.2011 - 00:08
king_matt

Yeah, it's definitely Monstrosity for me. Cannibal Corpse are dreadfully boring.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
10.03.2012 - 15:46
Infernal Eternal

CC are awesome. Alex Webster is the best Death Meatl bassist.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter