Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath, aka Heaven And Hell

28.09.2006 - 11:05
animal
From Blabbermouth;

Madrid, Spain-based webzine Rafabasa is reporting that former BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi, Ronnie James Dio, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward will rejoin forces once again under the HEAVEN & HELL banner for a number of festival appearances next summer.

According to Rafabasa, the four members cannot tour under the name BLACK SABBATH or "BLACK SABBATH with Ronnie James Dio" due to legal reasons.

No tour dates have yet been confirmed, but the band's booking agent is allegedly offering the group to the promoters of the most important heavy metal festivals that are set to take place next year.

If the report is to be believed, HEAVEN & HELL will play a set consisting of selections from every single SABBATH CD that Ronnie James Dio appeared on: "Heaven & Hell", "Mob Rules" and "Dehumanizer".

In an August 16, 2006 appearance on the syndicated radio show "Rockline", Dio had the following to say about the possibility of further collaborations with BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi:

"We've already written one [new] song together. The reason for that is that there's a release coming out, it's called 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years' ? they've already done one, of course, 'Black Sabbath: The Ozzy Years'; that was the beginning and, really, the best part of it all ? but they've decided to do one, again, 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years', and we wanted to make it a little but more special, not just give you things you've not heard from a live perspective. These are two things you'll never hear again ? two new songs. We are going to do that. It's been fun already. The one we've done ? the one that I've done with Tony has been really wonderful ? just great to realize how magnificent a player he was. You forget that after 10 years at a time that you don't work with someone. So we are gonna be doing that. And I hope you'll like it. I think it'll be great."

On the rumors of him possibly rejoining BLACK SABBATH, Dio said, "There's always rumors about everything ? about a RAINBOW reunion, about a BLACK SABBATH reunion. Our purpose was to do this because we wanted to have this product be a bit more special than anything else ? not just, 'Here's a live track you've never heard before.' I mean, that's cool, but I'm sure people have heard that. We wanted to do something a bit more special, so the whole band would write and play these songs, and? They've wanted to hear them long enough, so here they are. But it's not anything that we've talked about leading to anything other than that. No, it's for that project."

Can't go under Black Sabbath? Who here doesn't think that has Sharon Osbourne written all over it?
28.09.2006 - 14:46
danzig111
Account deleted
Oh when I tell this to my dad, I think he'll die a little inside. He loves Black Sabbath but hates Ronnie James Dio!

But yeah, it has to be something to do with Sharon.
28.09.2006 - 20:05
heresiarch
Forever Dead
That is pretty good news, I hope that they come to Finland ,I will be there
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
28.09.2006 - 23:21
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I'm glad to hear it, and even though I prefer Dio's voice over Ozzy's,
in my Oppinion I like Ozzy better with Sabbath, But Dio's still good.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
15.01.2007 - 09:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
OMFG, I just found out that tour is stopping in my city! with Motorhead & Down Opening!!!!!!!!!!!........excuse me, I need to go change my underpants.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.01.2007 - 13:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
When I read title I was because I thoud someone opem my poll here

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=249
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.01.2007 - 04:00
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Just read the news , the band is coming to Finland at Sauna Open Air Metal festival in June 8th yeey

I think that I'm gonna be there
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
16.01.2007 - 19:13
Hellish Star
Great! The best Black Sabbath album is still "Heaven and hell" for me. I saw Black Sabbath with Ozzy, now I have the chance to se them wit Dio...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
17.01.2007 - 14:46
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by animal on 28.09.2006 at 11:05

In an August 16, 2006 appearance on the syndicated radio show "Rockline", Dio had the following to say about the possibility of further collaborations with BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi:

The reason for that is that there's a release coming out, it's called 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years' ? they've already done one, of course, 'Black Sabbath: The Ozzy Years'; that was the beginning and, really, the best part of it all ?

This is what we can call: "living with your feet on Earth". He is a legend and still he remains humble without letting his fame get into his head.
----
Christless
24.01.2007 - 01:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
damn im now torn, I found out Motorhead dropped off that tour.....but are being replaced with megadeth.
----
- George Carlin
24.01.2007 - 16:44
APOHAKC
The Bard
I won't miss that concert if they play anywhere near my country, let say Hungary will be excellent, I don't like Black Sabbath, but albums with DIO are fantastic, I think he is much more better that that old beggar Ozzy.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.04.2007 - 09:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
I saw this 'Heaven & Hell' tour about a month ago, and it was AMAZING! I tell anyone who has the chance or even the slightest interest in Dio, Sabbath, or 'Deth must see this! 2nd best concert Ive ever been to.
----
- George Carlin
30.04.2007 - 16:17
magick
Account deleted
Awesome nothing in my opinion beats Dio era Sabbath! "Heaven and Hell" is a fantastic album, and frankly a masterpiece. Anyways very interesting and exciting news.
30.04.2007 - 17:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've always prefered Dio's amazing vocals.
----
30.04.2007 - 21:18
necrovamp
hm, i prefer ozzy wiht sabbath although dios all right, the thing that swung it for is the fact that in england they being support by none other than iced earth, so 2 bands i like in one room should be good! oh and yeah Lamb of god are supporting as well, the less said about them the better, i think thats when i will be going to he toilet or buying a beer or 6.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
08.05.2007 - 05:02
UpTheIrons666
HEY GUYS!!! IM GOING TO THE SHOW ON MAY 10th OH SHIT!!!! WITH.....MEGADETH!!!!
21.05.2007 - 20:33
BrightNight
Written by animal on 28.09.2006 at 11:05

Can't go under Black Sabbath? Who here doesn't think that has Sharon Osbourne written all over it?

Your wrong, sharon osbourne has nothing to do with Black Sabbath. Tony Iommi is the owner of the name "Black Sabbath" and can use it whenever he feels like. The reason they cal the line up "heaven and hell" is because this was the highlight period for the dio years. Thats all. Nothing to do with Ozzy's wife.

Im going to see them on Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium! Cant Wait!
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
25.05.2007 - 05:58
Blackwinged 666
Account deleted
I think that Dio is the Heavy meatl voice, despite my favourite heavy band is Judas... Halford may have an excellent voice, but Dio rules... I had a chance to see him life before 2 years, but unfortunately I had an exams....
15.06.2007 - 05:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
@Blackwinged:
Hes actually been dubbed 'The Voice Of Metal'
----
- George Carlin
11.01.2008 - 04:51
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Heaven And Hell, the perfect name for Black Sabbath with Dio. Vinnie Appice in the drums, amazing. Ozzy can go to hell with black sabbath, i prefer Heaven And Hell (i don't want to offend people who like Ozzy).
11.01.2008 - 06:41
Harmonic
Account deleted
Written by Vinnie R. on 11.01.2008 at 04:51

Heaven And Hell, the perfect name for Black Sabbath with Dio. Vinnie Appice in the drums, amazing. Ozzy can go to hell with black sabbath, i prefer Heaven And Hell (i don't want to offend people who like Ozzy).

Dude, Ozzy together with Black Sabbath created metal! How could you say that?!

Ozzy sucks on his own.
11.01.2008 - 07:19
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by Guest on 11.01.2008 at 06:41

Ozzy sucks on his own.

I don't know, i prefer Dio, only that, i mean black sabbath is amazing, but with ozzy is kind of happy...but well, it's only my opinion dude hehe, i hope not to disturb you. I must listen more Black Sabbath with ozzy.
11.01.2008 - 09:22
Harmonic
Account deleted
Written by Vinnie R. on 11.01.2008 at 07:19

Written by Guest on 11.01.2008 at 06:41

Ozzy sucks on his own.

I don't know, i prefer Dio, only that, i mean black sabbath is amazing, but with ozzy is kind of happy...but well, it's only my opinion dude hehe, i hope not to disturb you. I must listen more Black Sabbath with ozzy.

Hey, don't worry about it! I was just having some fun... not serious, right! Dio is a great singer and a lot of people do like Ozzy better after his time with Black Sabbath. I'm really open when it comes to music - maybe I should give Heaven And Hell a try?
17.04.2009 - 12:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hell yeah this new song is groovy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhh8huCdS6U Dio is fucking indestructible. he sounds just as good as he did in 1975.
17.04.2009 - 18:41
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
Does someone know if they also play Ozzy era tracks live?
I'd just really love it if they played Iron Man and especially Paranoid when I see them in summer...
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
18.04.2009 - 14:43
Silent Jay
Written by Bas on 17.04.2009 at 18:41

Does someone know if they also play Ozzy era tracks live?
I'd just really love it if they played Iron Man and especially Paranoid when I see them in summer...
No they don't play Ozzy (or Ian Gillen or Tony Martin era) songs live. The reason they are called Heaven and Hell is to just focus on the Dio-era songs and to save having to play the same songs Sabbath have been playing since re-uniting with Ozzy (the set list hadn't changed a whole lot and they got tired of playing the same stuff over and over).

The album leaked on the 'net a week or so ago. I'm really enjoying it but for most people it's going to be a grower. Bible Black is a PHAT tune tho!
20.04.2009 - 02:47
Biedrik
I haven't listened to any of the leaked songs besides Bible Black, and it sounds fantastic. I can't wait for April 28. I'll be sure to buy that album as soon as I can that day.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
24.04.2009 - 18:44
Saitenhexerin
There you go: roadrunner.com webwheel!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.de/page/webwheel+heavenandhell

I already listened to it twice today lol!
And I really like it, especially the solo of Rock and Roll Angel kills me xD

ENJOY!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
08.05.2009 - 22:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Imo these guys are overrated, but still pretty good. i too thought "omg DIO AND BLACK SABBATH PWNING TIME!!" but as long as they don't play The Sign of the Southern Cross it's all in vain
13.05.2009 - 20:17
JÄY
Metal slave
Anyone know the setlist of their N. American tour?