Metal Storm logo
Venom - New Album Out Soon

First details for the upcoming new Venom album are pouring in.

The record will be called Fallen Angels and is tentatively due for release in late August/early September through Universal Music. Both CD & Vinyl versions will be available. The album is said to contain 13 tracks. The titles can be found below.

The album was recorded with producer Tom Belton at his London Studio.

The band are also in the process of making a promo video for one of the new songs, as well as finalizing their live DVD footage.

Venom drummer Dante had the following to say about this: "Yeah everything is on schedule & coming along great, we are really busy getting ready for the launch, it's amazing how positive everyone is about the new record, so we are really eager for the Legions to finally hear it. We've had to put our live shows on hold for the time being to schedule the interviews and photo shoots etc, but the management are working on some live shows for later in the year, so we will be back on the road soon, and playing the new songs which are already part of the new live set".

Fallen Angels tentative tracklist:

01. Hammerhead
02. Nemisis
03. Pedal To The Metal
04. Lap Of The Gods
05. Damnation Of Souls
06. Beggerman
07. Hail Satanas
08. Sin
09. Punks Not Dead
10. Death Be Thy Name
11. Lest We Forget
12. Valley Of The Kings
13. Fallen Angels

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Venom
Posted: 06.08.2011 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 43 users
07.08.2011 - 02:40
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Aaaaaaaaa!!! Finally a new Venom record!
07.08.2011 - 02:46
Ankläger
"Teutonic thrashers"?
I hope it's fast.
13 tracks? Should be less than half an hour.
07.08.2011 - 11:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
How the hell are Venom Teutonic thrashers?
Teutonic thrash refers to German (hence Teutonic) bands like Destruction, Sodom, Kreator and bands sounding like them.
And calling Venom thrashers is always quite a bit far-fetched. Proto thrash, okay, but full-blown thrash, hell no.

But since Venom never released anything good (at best mediocre musically, influential yes, musically competent, never), and their last couple were truly bad, I won't expect this one to be good either
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.08.2011 - 19:22
RavenKing
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.08.2011 at 11:17

How the hell are Venom Teutonic thrashers?
Teutonic thrash refers to German (hence Teutonic) bands like Destruction, Sodom, Kreator and bands sounding like them.
And calling Venom thrashers is always quite a bit far-fetched. Proto thrash, okay, but full-blown thrash, hell no.

But since Venom never released anything good (at best mediocre musically, influential yes, musically competent, never), and their last couple were truly bad, I won't expect this one to be good either

You took the words right out of my mouth.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
08.08.2011 - 18:34
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.08.2011 at 11:17

Venom never released anything good (at best mediocre musically, influential yes, musically competent, never), and their last couple were truly bad, I won't expect this one to be good either

Indeed my friend, a couple of good songs, but musically their albums are quite poor...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
09.08.2011 - 06:58
Void Eater
Account deleted
I hope Fallen Angels is a cover of the Black Veil Brides song of the same name.
11.08.2011 - 00:10
marouco
VENOM!!!!

Hits total: 3755 | This month: 3