Metal Storm logo
Metal Band You Hate The Most

Original post

Posted by , 08.08.2011 - 03:22
Which metal band do you hate the most and why?
For me, it's Behemoth. I hate the way these guys blaspheme. You read their lyrics, you find nothing, you ask about them, they're blasphemous! I hate Nergal too. He's very overrated. Behemoth's very overrated. They're crap and then they make four death metal albums and become number 20 on the popularity index! Overrated. That's my opinion though.
17.08.2016 - 20:16
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Overrwatcher on 17.08.2016 at 10:37

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 15.08.2016 at 18:28

Written by The Batlord on 15.08.2016 at 18:20

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 15.08.2016 at 10:49

[text]

I get the feeling the band started as a joke, and the members were as surprised as anyone when they actually got a record deal.

You must be terribly high on something.

DF get attacked by mainstream listeners or even out of that radar people tag them as "too much riffs overload music of DF" or "lacks originality factors", I can see that. But, never ever come across something as hilarious as your post come out to be and that too be putting a question mark over band's formation.

Anyhow, i'm not a big fan of DF but whatever they have done is absolute cut-above distinction over any deathcore acts.

But we should take a moment to realize that this comparison of a deathcore band to a cheesy powermetal band is utterly ridiculous.

Apart from what Marcel said, it can be also validated when it comes to quality.
17.08.2016 - 21:27
no one
Account deleted
Powermetal and deathcore are kind of just the "cool" genres to hate in metal anyway
23.08.2016 - 16:53
Sean 79

This might sound a bit "Kumbaya" n shit, but why waste your time HATING bands, genres or people. To truly hate a band or a genre means a person must have put a lot of time into listening to something they don't like. This seems to me a massive waste of time as well as something that would drive me nuts. If you don't like something turn it off and play something you do like. You see posts here all the time (usually on bands like Cradle of Filth, Dimmu, Metallica and other "commercially successful" bands) where people who don't like the bands or the music listen to it anyway just so they can moan and bitch about it. Why? Stop wasting your lives hating.
STOP THE HATE
PEACE N LOVE
23.08.2016 - 22:18
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Sean 79 on 23.08.2016 at 16:53

This might sound a bit "Kumbaya" n shit, but why waste your time HATING bands, genres or people. To truly hate a band or a genre means a person must have put a lot of time into listening to something they don't like. This seems to me a massive waste of time as well as something that would drive me nuts. If you don't like something turn it off and play something you do like. You see posts here all the time (usually on bands like Cradle of Filth, Dimmu, Metallica and other "commercially successful" bands) where people who don't like the bands or the music listen to it anyway just so they can moan and bitch about it. Why? Stop wasting your lives hating.
STOP THE HATE
PEACE N LOVE

Yeah, the title is overexagerated. pretty sure everybody agrees with what you said to a certain extent.
What people have been doing is mentioning bands they kinda don't like very much.

Plus, we can do so while listening to bands we like. How about that? =D
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.08.2016 - 00:02
DualHelix

Five Finger Death Punch. Cannot stand them at all. There are more, but they are probably the main one.
30.08.2016 - 21:05
Uldreth

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2016 at 13:28

How is it utterly ridiculous to compare totally cheesy deathcore to totally cheesy power metal? Both genres are among the single most cliché ridden cheesy genres around.

Most deathcore is not any more cheesy than most of thrash or more mainstreamish death metal bands tbh. Cliché-ridden, yes, but not cheesy.
30.08.2016 - 21:13
The Batlord

Written by Guest on 17.08.2016 at 21:27

Powermetal and deathcore are kind of just the "cool" genres to hate in metal anyway

Yup. I understand why power metal is hated, but those people lick balls anyway, cause power metal is the shit. But deathcore by and large is just dull. Even the shit people say is more creative, like All Shall Perish or The Contortionist, are still boring as fuck, while power metal has Blind Guardian and Helloween. So suck it, power metal haters.

But Dragonforce is still awful and should die.
----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
31.08.2016 - 07:58
Ganondox

Written by The Batlord on 30.08.2016 at 21:13

Written by Guest on 17.08.2016 at 21:27

Yup. I understand why power metal is hated, but those people lick balls anyway, cause power metal is the shit. But deathcore by and large is just dull. Even the shit people say is more creative, like All Shall Perish or The Contortionist, are still boring as fuck, while power metal has Blind Guardian and Helloween. So suck it, power metal haters.

But Dragonforce is still awful and should die.

The Contortionist got WAY better once they ditched deathcore and turned to progressive metal.
31.08.2016 - 20:27
The Batlord

Written by Ganondox on 31.08.2016 at 07:58
The Contortionist got WAY better once they ditched deathcore and turned to progressive metal.

I'd rather listen to mindless, shitty deathcore than mindless, shitty prog metal. I didn't like their boring prog moments in their early days so why would I want to listen to them now? Give me the few Suicide Silence songs I actually like, or early Bring Me the Horizon (don't ask me why cause I don't know why I like that shit), or Despised Icon over that boring shite. All these djent/progressive deathcore bands should have just picked a better form of music to "innovate".
----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
01.09.2016 - 05:37
Ganondox

Written by The Batlord on 31.08.2016 at 20:27

I'd rather listen to mindless, shitty deathcore than mindless, shitty prog metal. I didn't like their boring prog moments in their early days so why would I want to listen to them now? Give me the few Suicide Silence songs I actually like, or early Bring Me the Horizon (don't ask me why cause I don't know why I like that shit), or Despised Icon over that boring shite. All these djent/progressive deathcore bands should have just picked a better form of music to "innovate".

They are far from mindless, shitty prog metal, it's some of the best prog I've heard on that side of the genre. It's executed much better now than in their earlier days. It's not progressive deathcore at all anymore, it's much more melodic and textural. But if you don't like it, than you just don't like it.
01.09.2016 - 10:20
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Ganondox on 01.09.2016 at 05:37

Written by The Batlord on 31.08.2016 at 20:27

It's executed much better now than in their earlier days. It's not progressive deathcore at all anymore, it's much more melodic and textural.

I'd rather prefer deathcore style of The Contortionist than going into progressive length of style. Not engrossed form of deathcore but very unique way of executing new components. Not only this but they've appealed to fans more on the basis of great release of "Exoplanet", created their own sound out of deathcore scene, making melodic and interesting and very interesting style. I hope you have listened to debut as it contains elements fans really loved upon and see them performing those songs live.

Pretty much sure people have embraced progressiveness as yet again they shifted the gear and moved onto new direction. Still not upto the mark of what kind of deathcore style they were playing initially.
01.09.2016 - 10:51
FOOCK Nam

I fucking hate metal hahaha, no,just not 100% joking, metal deals with dark side but metal makes you strong and do have positive traits but you need to be calm.. I hope someday maybe i can write one article truth about metal, and rock generally, becuz i never seen any deeply reseach about metal from scholars. My little brother now sometimes goes to same path as i step,sometimes he likes pop or generally techno, but he do have time with metal rock like i used to be. I used to be from young until now, now i understand it more deeply cuz i been in america and culturally western research, it is balanced for metalstomer guy i recommend you listen if but need be calm in life, for my brother i hope god will bless him, really hope, cuz he needs to be calm like i has learnt the hard way, fuk..if you can pray for my brother thank you, i wish he and i will go abroad. Lets belief.

Edit: no offend. I love brothers and my brother.
15.09.2016 - 04:50
__Mailman

Oh boy, where do I begin? Every glam metal band. Specifically Guns 'N Roses. God, they're annoying. They have some good songs, sure, but they're so overrated. Plus their songs get so old so fast. It's not that every member is a jerk because good bands have jerk members. I don't know what it is but Guns 'N Roses pisses me off so much. I cannot stand G'NR. They're a travesty.

While I'm on the topic of glam metal, what the hell is with these power ballads??? What the hell, Night Ranger? What does "Sisnter christian, you know the time has come. You know that you're the only one to say okay" even mean???
What the hell, Def Leppard? Who knew a band could be so bad when they released their debut in the 1970s?? No metal debut released in the 1970s was bad. Okay, "Rock Brigade" is a good song, but the rest of the album sucks!
What the hell, Whitesnake? No shit you can't see tears if you cry in the rain. NO. SHIT. What, are you trying to be meaningful?? Well, you failed.
What the hell, Cinderella???? Who names a metal band Cinderella?
What the hell, Poison?? Pretty metal band name, but horrible everything else. At least "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" has a meaning. It's still awful though.
What the hell, Stryper?? Do I even have to say more? If Ted Cruz were to win the presidency and run the country like Stryper, I'd kill myself.
What the hell, Tokyo Blade??? I THOUGHT YOU WERE A GOOD BAND. BUT NOOOOO. YOU JUST HAD TO RELEASE NIGHT OF THE BLADE.
What the hell, Ratt?? What a horrid band name.
What the hell, Meatloaf?? First of all, what kind of name is MEATLOAF?!? If you were trying to be funny, it isn't funny; it's just completely stupid. Did you name your band Meatloaf because you'd "do anything for love?" If that's the case, then I can't imagine what you wouldn't do for love.
What the hell, Spartan Warrior? Well, I guess it's a good thing you remained an underground band.
What the hell, Bon Jovi??? I have so many problems with you that I'll just sum it up in one sentence: You give music a bad name. Okay, I kinda like "Runaway."
What the hell, Quiet Riot???? You made millions off of a COVER. Plus, who in the right mind bangs their head to any of your songs?

At least Pantera had the courtesy to try to become a good band.

If it weren't for those NWOBHM bands that stayed true to good metal long enough to inspire Metallica and other extreme metal bands and genres, glam metal would have killed metal forever. Without those few bands that stayed true to heavy metal, Metallica either wouldn't have existed or they'd be underground playing God knows what. Therefore thrash wouldn't evolve and spread. Without Venom there goes black metal and, later down the line, death metal. In fact, without thrash, death metal wouldn't exist. That would wipe out Pantera, the NWOAHM, and there wouldn't be any extreme metal genres or nu metal bands. Only traditional bands or glam bands. Glam metal is trash.
21.09.2016 - 17:31
Charles Bukkake

Any piece of shit Deathcore band.