‹‹ Back to the Metal arena Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]
Users visited: 426  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 08.08.2011 at 03:22
Which metal band do you hate the most and why?
For me, it's Behemoth. I hate the way these guys blaspheme. You read their lyrics, you find nothing, you ask about them, they're blasphemous! I hate Nergal too. He's very overrated. Behemoth's very overrated. They're crap and then they make four death metal albums and become number 20 on the popularity index! Overrated. That's my opinion though.

Page 12 of 12

Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

11.10.2013 at 11:22
Written by Guib on 11.10.2013 at 03:44

Twisted Sister

TS is Dee Snider and Dee Snider is great guy. I liked his acts.
----
Guib

11.10.2013 at 16:39
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 11.10.2013 at 11:22

Written by Guib on 11.10.2013 at 03:44

Twisted Sister

TS is Dee Snider and Dee Snider is great guy. I liked his acts.

Yeah well it is nothing personal about the guys in the bands, at all.
Its just the music seriously lol, I don't like TS. I'm sure the guys are nice and all
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -
Lit.
Brütal Legend

19.10.2013 at 00:28
New ones as of now:
Behemoth, death and black days. Stupid image, and their music is subpar.

Belphagor. Same reasons as above.

Magrudergrind. Tried their debut, and it is probably the first album I've ever outright hated on first listen. Absolutely annoying at points.
----
THERE'S SEMEN ON EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING!"
Mercyful_Kate

03.11.2013 at 18:07
I have a new one: The Butcher Babies (if you can even call them metal).
DyingWorld

17.11.2013 at 04:17
Not exactly metal but every time I see a picture of David Drainman from Disturbed, I feel like slapping him repeatedly with a 12 inch rainbow colored dildo. I hate his stupid face piercings almost as much as his shitty band and generic vocals.
Azarath

17.11.2013 at 23:51
Written by DyingWorld on 17.11.2013 at 04:17

David Drainman from Disturbed, I feel like slapping him repeatedly with a 12 inch rainbow colored dildo.

How specific. Have you already procured said dildo?

It would probably be a good idea to be prepared just in case you ever meet the man.
DyingWorld

18.11.2013 at 02:14
Written by Azarath on 17.11.2013 at 23:51

Written by DyingWorld on 17.11.2013 at 04:17

David Drainman from Disturbed, I feel like slapping him repeatedly with a 12 inch rainbow colored dildo.

How specific. Have you already procured said dildo?

It would probably be a good idea to be prepared just in case you ever meet the man.

Believe me, I'm saving up for it and only for this special occasion too. I'm also investing in a jar of wasabi to go along with it.
Azarath

19.11.2013 at 21:47
Written by DyingWorld on 18.11.2013 at 02:14

I'm also investing in a jar of wasabi to go along with it.

I'm not sure if I want to know what you plan on doing with that.
Azarath

19.11.2013 at 22:29
I should probably also address the topic. I don't hate any band. Even if we were to go to silly extremes and bring up nu metal stalwarts Limp Bizkit, the aural equivalent of vomit, I still couldn't muster up any "hate". It just seems like a waste of time and energy, focusing on something negative instead of channeling it towards something you enjoy.

Damn, there's no hippie emoticon to be found here...
Uldreth

20.11.2013 at 10:03
Written by Azarath on 19.11.2013 at 22:29

I should probably also address the topic. I don't hate any band. Even if we were to go to silly extremes and bring up nu metal stalwarts Limp Bizkit, the aural equivalent of vomit, I still couldn't muster up any "hate". It just seems like a waste of time and energy, focusing on something negative instead of channeling it towards something you enjoy.

I think something more personal thing is needed than simply bad music to "hate" a band. For example there are two bands I mainly hate, Manowar and Def Leppard. The former because they pretty much pioneered some elements of the metal subculture that I really really hate and on top of that they are a bunch of fucking hypocrites that also make inexcusably bad and bland music. The latter because due to some friends who go crazy about that band I was exposed waaaay too much to it even though I want to stay as far away from that genre as it is possible.

If I just simply encountered either of those bands without having to connect them to these stuff, I'd just be like, "ok, this sucks, I'll just ignore it".
----
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.12.2011 at 07:06

And then of course there's Asking Alexandria... For the record, nobody ever asked Alexandria anything ever again.

-Troy on trancecore
JohnDoe

20.11.2013 at 15:25
Written by Azarath on 19.11.2013 at 22:29

I agree, you don't need a hippie emoticon for that. Your thought on the matter is just common sense to me.
----
"what happens in my subconscious is not my business"
Azarath

22.11.2013 at 00:36
Written by Uldreth on 20.11.2013 at 10:03

I think something more personal thing is needed than simply bad music to "hate" a band. For example there are two bands I mainly hate, Manowar and Def Leppard. The former because they pretty much pioneered some elements of the metal subculture that I really really hate and on top of that they are a bunch of fucking hypocrites that also make inexcusably bad and bland music. The latter because due to some friends who go crazy about that band I was exposed waaaay too much to it even though I want to stay as far away from that genre as it is possible.

If I just simply encountered either of those bands without having to connect them to these stuff, I'd just be like, "ok, this sucks, I'll just ignore it".

I see. So Manowar represents something you despise and in Def Leppard's case it's negative connotations because of past experiences. Still, isn't "hate" a bit extreme? That's a pretty intense, active emotion.

Oh, and there are actually people who go crazy about Def Leppard?

Written by JohnDoe on 20.11.2013 at 15:25

I agree, you don't need a hippie emoticon for that. Your thought on the matter is just common sense to me.

Thank you, but as you'll notice from this thread "common sense" is not so common. People apparently do hate certain bands.
Uldreth

22.11.2013 at 12:18
Written by Azarath on 22.11.2013 at 00:36

I see. So Manowar represents something you despise and in Def Leppard's case it's negative connotations because of past experiences. Still, isn't "hate" a bit extreme? That's a pretty intense, active emotion.

Oh, and there are actually people who go crazy about Def Leppard?

No I don't spend active time "incarnating" said "hate" in any shape or form, so I don't mean hate in an extreme way at all. Dunno how to express it any further what I mean.

And yeah, there are some people who do. Basically his girlfriend is totally crazy about 80s glam metal and similiar stuffs so when I hung out with them and some other people they often played that sort of music and coupled with my already strong dislike of said genre, that just really went on my nerves hahah. I probably prefer hearing the nowadays prevailent dance-pop crap than what they used to play :/ .
----
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.12.2011 at 07:06

And then of course there's Asking Alexandria... For the record, nobody ever asked Alexandria anything ever again.

-Troy on trancecore
Private QT Fan

22.11.2013 at 20:34
Not many Metal bands I flat out hate, but Waking the Cadaver is one of them. Horrible band made worse by the fact that they're full of assholes who are homophobic (in the lead singer's case), violent, and disrespectful. Also, Limp Bizkit, in what is a surprise to no one.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
no one

23.11.2013 at 00:49
Wow man, like "hates" just way to stronger word man, try channeling that negative energy in to something positive maan.

Even one of the definitions in the dictionary says it could just mean "To feel dislike or distaste for". No need to get all hating on the word hate, it is ok to hate a band without actually wanting to kill them or something
BoxCar Willy
John Doe

25.11.2013 at 03:46
Written by Lit. on 19.10.2013 at 00:28

Magrudergrind. Tried their debut, and it is probably the first album I've ever outright hated on first listen. Absolutely annoying at points.

Really? how so?

Have you tried their newer stuff? It's a bit different.

----
Pop punk crusader
Lit.
Brütal Legend

25.11.2013 at 03:52
Written by BoxCar Willy on 25.11.2013 at 03:46

Really? how so?

Have you tried their newer stuff? It's a bit different.

Shit, I meant their self-titled. That's the one I tried.

Not sure why I hated it. I think they're trying to hard to sound original, but it comes out like a big jumbled mess. The sound samples are used lousily and the grind itself is pretty dull.
----
THERE'S SEMEN ON EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING!"
Alan R

07.12.2013 at 05:23
Any metalcore mainstream band really
Dana

07.12.2013 at 07:20
Poser bands, mainstream bands, most gothic female-vocal bands, and ofcourse metal-core and the bands that go from thrash to metal-core
----
http://www.last.fm/user/em_eldeen
sentinel65

14.12.2013 at 15:51
I really despise bands that "try" to be metal. I also really do not like any Power Metal bands, just the general sound and atmosphere of the music annoys me.
no one

14.12.2013 at 23:43
^ all of the above apart from metalcore, i don't like it, but i don't hate it like the others mentioned
In Bone Factory

08.01.2014 at 18:36
Not hate but dont like Meshuggah
----
a hammerhead goobrian
farckashkun

19.01.2014 at 15:02
Bring Me The Horison
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

20.01.2014 at 08:45
Don't really hate any bands, but if I had to, I'd say Children Of Bodom. And not for the usual reasons. If Bodom hadn't gotten so big then Sinergy might still be around. (whoops, nearly posted with bosom instead of bodom)
----
GO THE SHARKS!

Apathy is an emotion.
Infernal Eternal

26.01.2014 at 13:29
Metallica after Cliff's death (R.I.P.)
Sepultura without the Cavalera bros
All the deathcore shit.
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]