Metal Storm logo
Metal Band You Hate The Most

Original post

Posted by , 08.08.2011 - 03:22
Which metal band do you hate the most and why?
For me, it's Behemoth. I hate the way these guys blaspheme. You read their lyrics, you find nothing, you ask about them, they're blasphemous! I hate Nergal too. He's very overrated. Behemoth's very overrated. They're crap and then they make four death metal albums and become number 20 on the popularity index! Overrated. That's my opinion though.
07.08.2012 - 02:46
Dugi

Written by Guest on 26.07.2012 at 06:16

Written by Dugi on 26.07.2012 at 04:40

I hate Korn. They simply suck, far away from metal.

At least get your facts right before you post. They're first couple of albums are classified as Nu/Alternative metal.

Why do you simply guess the time span I was talking about?
07.08.2012 - 03:45
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Dugi on 07.08.2012 at 02:46

At least get your facts right before you post. They're first couple of albums are classified as Nu/Alternative metal.

You used Korn as a broad term. You didn't say stuff like "Early Korn sucks" or "Later Korn is SOOO not metal."
10.08.2012 - 03:16
Dugi

Written by Guest on 07.08.2012 at 03:45

Written by Dugi on 07.08.2012 at 02:46

You used Korn as a broad term. You didn't say stuff like "Early Korn sucks" or "Later Korn is SOOO not metal."

So you should have guessed the late Korn music, obviously.
10.08.2012 - 06:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Dugi on 10.08.2012 at 03:16

Looking back on your original comment, you in no way implied that you were specifically targeting their contemporary style.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.08.2012 - 03:14
Dugi

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.08.2012 at 06:17

Looking back on your original comment, you in no way implied that you were specifically targeting their contemporary style.

That's why you should guess the "sucking" period, I guess. But anyways, this is kinda unrelated to the topic so let's stop this useless discussion. Korn is what I hate in metal. Period.
07.09.2012 - 12:45
Egigantea

Poison has to be one of the worst things to happen to metal, by far...
And when even Dio says your responsible for the death of metal, then you deserve my hatred.
07.09.2012 - 12:52
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Egigantea on 07.09.2012 at 12:45

And when even Dio says your responsible for the death of metal, then you deserve my hatred.

is that true about Poison?
07.09.2012 - 22:23
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Written by helofloki on 06.08.2012 at 15:51

Difficult for me to really hate a band, if I'm not interested I just tend to ignore it or make fun of it, but it's really not hate I feel towards them. Most bands are real hard working even if they are lame. Good for them to get where they've gotten.

However, I will say this, I've always hated the term 'hair metal'. That possibly the lamest hard rock genre ever to exist gets the term metal attached to it... it just always makes me uncomfortable.

I agree, that term has always made me feel uncomfortable, because clearly "hair/glam metal" is not "metal" period. It's just some of the most obnoxious hard rock I've ever heard.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
07.09.2012 - 22:30
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I personally don't have much hatred towards individual bands as much as I do entire genres where the bands themselves come from. If I hear a band that I don't like, of course I will bash the music as trash, but many other bands are doing the exact same thing, so it's not worth my time focusing my hatred on one single band, but I don't really bother bashing other genres unless it's being mentioned to me or otherwise being shoved in my face to the point which I can't ignore it. However if a band has disappointed me beyond disbelief (*ahem Queensryche), then it's kind of hard not to pay attention.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
08.09.2012 - 04:02
Egigantea

Written by Guest on 07.09.2012 at 12:52

What is true? The Dio statement?
08.09.2012 - 05:54
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Egigantea on 08.09.2012 at 04:02

Yeah
08.09.2012 - 06:22
Egigantea

Written by Guest on 08.09.2012 at 05:54

Written by Egigantea on 08.09.2012 at 04:02

Yeah

Yeah it's true, search in youtube "who killed metal?" and go straight to the 2 minute mark.
here's the link just in case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU11NcH7nHQ
10.09.2012 - 12:46
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Guest on 20.02.2012 at 01:48

Cannibal Corpse is as generic as Death Metal can be. It sounds like they actually try to be generic and cliched.

I don't think that they're too bad, but that's because I just started getting into death metal and don't know the genre as well as others do.

Mostly I just can't stand the lyrics. I don't like the brazen, overly-conspicuous gore. Not only is it not to my taste, but it just gives too much away; there's just not that much that is poetic about it. In that sense, they do seem to be generic and cliched, as they try too hard to be brutal rather than put their heart and soul into hatred/brutality and turn it into something deep. It's all too shallow, is what I'm trying to say.

Maybe I'm just a sap for something pseudo-poetic, and I'm completely missing the point of that kind of music. I don't know.

I can't think of many bands I hate... but I guess a couple would be The Devil Wears Prada and Black Veil Brides. Some annoying 15-year-old kid I used to live around (the kind of kid who had breath that smelled like ass, a face that looked like smashed pizza, and walked around in skinny genes/emo hair) tried shoving that in my face every waking moment, and I got sick of it.
----
10.09.2012 - 12:55
Zombie94

Written by Jaeryd on 10.09.2012 at 12:46

Maybe I'm just a sap for something pseudo-poetic, and I'm completely missing the point of that kind of music. I don't know.

Yup! The sooner you start looking at Cannibal Corpse lyrics as an attempt to describe a scene from a horror movie, the sooner you can enjoy them more. Plus it's fun stuff to sing along to
10.09.2012 - 13:00
Zombie94

Another band to add to the list which I had the misfortune of hearing last night: Dead By April. Absolute shite.
10.09.2012 - 14:12
Fredd
Account deleted
I can't think of any particular band that I hate. There are bands I don't like, and I just don't listen to them.

Damn it, now I sound like a pussy. MUST. HATE. BAND.
10.09.2012 - 15:20
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Delain and Epica
10.09.2012 - 23:37
Fritillaria
Account deleted
And also I don't like dream theater at all,I know It's wiered.
01.12.2012 - 16:35
megadeath13
Account deleted
Bullet for my valentine and Linkin park. Linkin park isnt categorized as a metal band, anyway
08.04.2013 - 13:34
Dinruth

Written by Guest on 08.04.2013 at 12:40

Arch Enemy, Korn, Slipknot, In Flames, Opeth, Slayer, Metallica, Thy Art Is Murder, Suicide Silence, Cryptopsy, Bring Me The Horizon, Nine Inch Nails, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle Of Filth, Rage Against The Machine, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Pink Floyd, Lamb Of God, Megadeth, Death, Tool and the "great" winner of my hate list, FUCKING DREAM THEATER.

this list smells like a "desperately want to be different" kid to me
08.04.2013 - 13:56
Jimbul2
Account deleted
Written by Dinruth on 08.04.2013 at 13:34

Arch Enemy, Korn, Slipknot, In Flames, Opeth, Slayer, Metallica, Thy Art Is Murder, Suicide Silence, Cryptopsy, Bring Me The Horizon, Nine Inch Nails, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle Of Filth, Rage Against The Machine, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Pink Floyd, Lamb Of God, Megadeth, Death, Tool and the "great" winner of my hate list, FUCKING DREAM THEATER.

But Dinruuuuuuuth, I am difeerreeeeentttt Why won't you see individualityyyyy??? But seriosly though thanks for the feedback, sorry for being a whiny cunt.
08.04.2013 - 14:47
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.09.2012 at 14:12

I can't think of any particular band that I hate. There are bands I don't like, and I just don't listen to them.

Damn it, now I sound like a pussy. MUST. HATE. BAND.

Haha, I agree. I wanted to write something here, but I just couldn't find any bands I hate. If I don't like something, I just don't listen to it. There are some bands (Nightwish, Dimmu Borgir) whose attitudes (greed and "selling out") are annoying, but I still enjoy their music, so I can't say I hate them.
08.04.2013 - 19:58
BreadGod
Account deleted
Von. They're a classic case of hype over quality. How anyone can think their shit smells like roses is beyond me.
08.04.2013 - 20:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 08.04.2013 at 19:58

Von. They're a classic case of hype over quality. How anyone can think their shit smells like roses is beyond me.

they are indeed terrible. New album is just as crap as their old stuff
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.04.2013 - 11:35
Hellbrann

I hate Within Temptation. Sure, their old stuff is somewhat good and they have a few awesome songs, but their recent sellouts with The Unforgiving and recording a coveralbum for a shitty radiostation gave it the last drop. Because of their succes, most mainstream media that covers metal here in The Netherlands seem to regard 'similar' bands as Delain, Epica , Nightwish and such as 'gothic'. Now I may have a OCD regarding labeling bands but it still annoys me.
----
Druantia | Folk metal
09.04.2013 - 12:42
Dinruth

Written by Guest on 08.04.2013 at 13:56

Written by Dinruth on 08.04.2013 at 13:34

But Dinruuuuuuuth, I am difeerreeeeentttt Why won't you see individualityyyyy??? But seriosly though thanks for the feedback, sorry for being a whiny cunt.

haha well to your credit .. you can take feedback very well .. that is a rare gift, especially in the internet
09.04.2013 - 15:09
whatsacow

Written by Dugi on 11.08.2012 at 03:14

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.08.2012 at 06:17

That's why you should guess the "sucking" period, I guess. But anyways, this is kinda unrelated to the topic so let's stop this useless discussion. Korn is what I hate in metal. Period.

As a question: Why is Korn what you hate in metal? Is it nu/alt metal as a whole that you hate? Is it their attitude, their image, their sound, what? Why is this band so detrimental to the genre in your opinion?

I don't hate this band, but dragonforce annoys the hell out of me. Then again, there is very little power metal I do like, and it's pretty much limited to Nevermore and Iced Earth, neither of which are truly power metal. That's personal opinion however. There is nothing inherently wrong with the genre, it just doesn't appeal to me.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
09.04.2013 - 15:29
matthewlwry@gmail.co

Brokencyde and Blood on the Dance Floor. They're not even music, plus BOTDF's singer slept with a 15 year old which is pretty messed up.
10.04.2013 - 06:09
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by matthewlwry@gmail.co on 09.04.2013 at 15:29

Brokencyde and Blood on the Dance Floor. They're not even music, plus BOTDF's singer slept with a 15 year old which is pretty messed up.

I wouldn't even call these bands metal. They're more scream/trance/cruck/shit.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.04.2013 - 14:42
matthewlwry@gmail.co

Yeah they're not metal, my bad, thought this was just a 'band you hate the most' thread.