Metal Storm logo
Metal Band You Hate The Most

Original post

Posted by , 08.08.2011 - 03:22
Which metal band do you hate the most and why?
For me, it's Behemoth. I hate the way these guys blaspheme. You read their lyrics, you find nothing, you ask about them, they're blasphemous! I hate Nergal too. He's very overrated. Behemoth's very overrated. They're crap and then they make four death metal albums and become number 20 on the popularity index! Overrated. That's my opinion though.
14.04.2013 - 13:57
Angry Chair

I don't like dream theater at all I find singers voice very annoying.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
05.05.2013 - 21:43
Somebody

A few of Amon Amarth's albums are alright, but after listening to a few of them it gets really repetitive.
07.05.2013 - 14:34
Jtbmetal123

After the comments at the Golden God Awards, Black Veil brides.
07.05.2013 - 17:54
Demonmayonnaise

Five Finger Death Punch... It's like a bunch of "tough guys" trying to make metal. I once heard somebody refer to them as "The New Pantera". I almost lost my lunch.
07.05.2013 - 18:00
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 07.05.2013 at 17:54

Five Finger Death Punch... It's like a bunch of "tough guys" trying to make metal. I once heard somebody refer to them as "The New Pantera". I almost lost my lunch.

yeah agree Five Finger Death Punch and similar ones, also I dislike most of songs by Dream Theater, and lately I found out a band named Amaranth, I couldn't even stand listening to one song by them.
08.05.2013 - 21:42
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by matthewlwry@gmail.co on 09.04.2013 at 15:29

Brokencyde and Blood on the Dance Floor. They're not even music, plus BOTDF's singer slept with a 15 year old which is pretty messed up.

Wait did he rape her O.o ??????? Cuz THAT would be fucking messed up.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.05.2013 - 15:42
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Hate is such a strong word. I would say I don't like some music. I can't get into most traditional power metal acts and folk metal. A specific band that everyone seems to dig but I don't? Pain of Salvation. I tried them a bunch of times but I just don't see it...
----
rekt
10.05.2013 - 20:02
Redn1ght
Captain Obvious
Disturbed or Slipknot... Can't decide which I hate even more than the other.
16.05.2013 - 20:06
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Written by tea[m]ster on 10.05.2013 at 15:42

Hate is such a strong word. I would say I don't like some music. I can't get into most traditional power metal acts and folk metal. A specific band that everyone seems to dig but I don't? Pain of Salvation. I tried them a bunch of times but I just don't see it...

I knew we had the same taste in post-metal but now this...We REALLY could've been great friends from up close.
18.05.2013 - 13:01
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I suppose I could say Children Of Bodom, cause if they hadn't gotten so big, Sinergy would probably have made more albums.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
22.05.2013 - 06:59
UPDIRNS

Overkill only because if they had a good vocalist they would kick ass. Musically they are tight, but the vocals suck ass!
26.05.2013 - 09:40
mbcameron

The big too are Metallica and Burzum. Honestly, I hate Hetfield's voice and think Kirk Hammet is about as overrated as a guitarist can get. There are hundreds of better guitarists than him yet he is consistently rated as one of the greats and that pisses me off. Other than that I just think their songs are dull, with a few exceptions. And obviously after the 90's hit most metalheads hate them anyway. As for Burzum... I am not the hugest black metal fan in general but the fact that people constantly try and sell them to me as one of the greatest bands ever is frustrating. Their vocals are what really get me. That and the whole, "They murder and burn churches, they are so trve and kvlt." That shit does not make good music.

And here are some other bands with no explanation; Epica, Opeth (Don't hate them, I really, really, want to love them but I just can't), Chelsea Grin, Suicide Silence, Behemoth, Dragonforce, Killswitch Engage, and a bunch of core bands but I do not even want to bother.
26.05.2013 - 13:26
Dinruth

Written by mbcameron on 26.05.2013 at 09:40

Opeth (Don't hate them, I really, really, want to love them but I just can't)

Why do you want to love them? I don't understand that .. either I love something or I don't
26.05.2013 - 14:26
Skeletonryche95

There are a few metal bands which I dislike more than others, wouldn't say i outright hate them, but I'm definately not keen on them. these are the ones that i can explain the best:

-Meshuggah (They are Decent instrumentalists, i'll give them that, but i just don't see why playing repetitive one note Nu-Metal riff's in weird time signatures gets them such a following.)
-Evanescence/Epica/Within Temptation/other Goth Metal acts of that ilk (Dull Gothic Radio rock)
-Pantera & Machine Head (I find that with these 2, i have similar reasons for disliking them, namely: Dull Riffs, annoying vocalists, and the fact that there is quite a few people who rate them much higher than they deserve for some reason. (Metal Hammer UK, I'm looking at you.)
-Bring Me The Horizon (I find no vocalist more annoying than Oli Sykes with that whiny half yelling/half screaming thing he does ALL THE BLOODY TIME!!)

Their are some others, but my post is long as it is. I also dislike some Sub-genre's as a whole, but their's a thread for that, so I might post their later on.
27.05.2013 - 06:26
mbcameron

Written by Dinruth on 26.05.2013 at 13:26

Why do you want to love them? I don't understand that .. either I love something or I don't

Because I have nothing but respect for them and think they are extremely talented musicians, I just can't get into their music. I wish I could, but I can't.
27.05.2013 - 08:50
Dinruth

Written by mbcameron on 27.05.2013 at 06:26

Written by Dinruth on 26.05.2013 at 13:26

Because I have nothing but respect for them and think they are extremely talented musicians, I just can't get into their music. I wish I could, but I can't.

okay I have to stay annoying .. my apology in advance .. but if their music does nothing to you, why do you respect them?
27.05.2013 - 10:48
mbcameron

Written by Dinruth on 27.05.2013 at 08:50

okay I have to stay annoying .. my apology in advance .. but if their music does nothing to you, why do you respect them?

Because I respect musical talent I could never get into jazz music either, but I still think the people that play it are extremely talented. It is a common saying that you do not have to like someone to respect them. And the other thing is I really love Mikael Akerfeldt when he performs with Bloodbath so I do like him, who is commonly cited as the driving force with Opeth.
27.05.2013 - 10:59
Dinruth

Written by mbcameron on 27.05.2013 at 10:48

Written by Dinruth on 27.05.2013 at 08:50

Because I respect musical talent I could never get into jazz music either, but I still think the people that play it are extremely talented. It is a common saying that you do not have to like someone to respect them. And the other thing is I really love Mikael Akerfeldt when he performs with Bloodbath so I do like him, who is commonly cited as the driving force with Opeth.

ok finally I got the point that example with jazz music did it for me .. thanks for the patience
30.05.2013 - 07:40
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Dragonfarce
06.06.2013 - 12:42
Pazu

Written by tea[m]ster on 10.05.2013 at 15:42

I agree on the term 'Hate'. There's really nothing at all that I hate in life. Well, as for the band's I like the least ... I really don't like any of the 80's thrash bands. And believe me, I've tried almost all the big names for a long time, I just can't get into straight up thrash. I like it when combined with death or black metal, like say the late Death or Immortal, but really pure thrash is not for me. I mean I can see the quality of it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I enjoy it.
13.07.2013 - 00:08
mz

It would be manowar, despite the fact that I've never heard any manowar album and that's because of their stupid art work, silly and cheesy lyrics and the self claimed truoooism.Beside that, I really started to hate children of bodom recently. Also, cannibal corpse are one shitty band I can not stand. Moreover, a few days ago my friend's friend played few songs (do not know the name of them) from blind guardian and they were garbage
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
13.07.2013 - 13:17
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Written by mz on 13.07.2013 at 00:08

...stupid art work, silly and cheesy lyrics and the self claimed truoooism...

I usually give a shit about these things, if the music is good enough.
13.07.2013 - 15:38
mz

Written by Paz on 13.07.2013 at 13:17

Written by mz on 13.07.2013 at 00:08

...stupid art work, silly and cheesy lyrics and the self claimed truoooism...

I usually give a shit about these things, if the music is good enough.

I dont care about these things nowdays as much as the past but manowar is just too much to hande for me
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
25.07.2013 - 11:14
The Demonblade
Account deleted
Megadeth for making so shitty albums in their later years and other similar cases like Metallica and Anthrax. I know they aren't obliged to follow their original style forever but I just can't take it.
24.09.2013 - 02:32
metalfan98

Korn, any Deathcore, any Post-Hardcore, Trivium
----
No emotion thrash is all I need
09.10.2013 - 01:37
LuCiFeRsHaL0

Five Finger Death Punch creates a void in my soul. It actually gives me a headache. I will never be a fan
----
"I am the Eater of Worlds"
11.10.2013 - 03:44
Guib
Thrash Talker
I don't like much black metal... you know, like.. Burzum, Mayhem, Emperor, Immortal (...) bleh
Also I don't like 3 inches of blood and Cannibal Corpse...
I don't like many other bands now that I think of it..
Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, Nightwish, Dream Theater... yeah well anyways.
I really fucking Hate Poison, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot and the likes
with a passion. Like.. I... I...
I wanna kill, KILL... I want to kill, KILL !!!
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
11.10.2013 - 11:22
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guib on 11.10.2013 at 03:44

Twisted Sister

TS is Dee Snider and Dee Snider is great guy. I liked his acts.
11.10.2013 - 16:39
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 11.10.2013 at 11:22

Written by Guib on 11.10.2013 at 03:44

Twisted Sister

TS is Dee Snider and Dee Snider is great guy. I liked his acts.

Yeah well it is nothing personal about the guys in the bands, at all.
Its just the music seriously lol, I don't like TS. I'm sure the guys are nice and all
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
19.10.2013 - 00:28
Lit.
Account deleted
New ones as of now:
Behemoth, death and black days. Stupid image, and their music is subpar.

Belphagor. Same reasons as above.

Magrudergrind. Tried their debut, and it is probably the first album I've ever outright hated on first listen. Absolutely annoying at points.