Metal Storm logo
Metal Band You Hate The Most

Original post

Posted by , 08.08.2011 - 03:22
Which metal band do you hate the most and why?
For me, it's Behemoth. I hate the way these guys blaspheme. You read their lyrics, you find nothing, you ask about them, they're blasphemous! I hate Nergal too. He's very overrated. Behemoth's very overrated. They're crap and then they make four death metal albums and become number 20 on the popularity index! Overrated. That's my opinion though.
22.07.2012 - 15:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.07.2012 at 15:26
...it's their "we're better than everybody" attitude.

I haven't wasted any time reading their interviews or any official band statements so I have no idea what they're like as people, but if they do have a holier than thou attitude then I can at least understand why people might not like them as much as people and not just musicians.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.07.2012 - 15:32
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.07.2012 at 15:28

I haven't wasted any time reading their interviews or any official band statements so I have no idea what they're like as people, but if they do have a holier than thou attitude then I can at least understand why people might not like them as much as people and not just musicians.

I generaly keep opinions of the musicians behind the music, especially when I go to buy CD's, if they're a cool guy and they resect their fans and all that, well hell yeah I'm going to buy something from them. If they're a huge dickhead, There's a lesser chance of em supporting them.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.07.2012 - 15:45
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.07.2012 at 15:15

Written by Guib on 22.07.2012 at 01:15
Well there's not only the fan thing, that I don't care but Iwrestle just sucks

So you personally hate musicians that create music you don't like? Seems rather petty if you ask me.

It's not so much hating the musicians for the music (if you can call it that) they create, it's their "we're better than everybody" attitude.

At least that's why I strongly dislike them.

Honestly, Iwrestle is wayyy better than "white trash platonic smugs" BMTH. Well, I've never seen "Iwrestle" projecting "as we're better....." kinda stupid projection. They gotta some great songs lined up in their albums that sounds much better than what BMTH is actually are. I personally won't target IWTDBO for anything or rather related to "disgrace on a music part".( as long as its been compared with a band like "Bring Me The Horizon".
22.07.2012 - 18:06
Uldreth

Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.07.2012 at 15:28

I haven't read any interviews either but based on how unserious that band is I am inclined to think that any such things should not be taken at face value.

Cynic:
At least BMTH's debut album is quite decent deathcore. IWABO is interesting but they fail to pull it off and end up being annoying. Apart from their first EP perhaps. That Inspector Gadget breakdown is damn funny.
Talking about anything else by BMTH aside from Count Your Blessings and I agree.
22.07.2012 - 19:24
Guib
Thrash Talker

So you personally hate musicians that create music you don't like? Seems rather petty if you ask me.

It's not so much hating the musicians for the music (if you can call it that) they create, it's their "we're better than everybody" attitude.

No no I don't care about the musician I just think the band sucks, and I hate their music.... thats all
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
22.07.2012 - 20:54
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guib on 22.07.2012 at 19:24

No no I don't care about the musician I just think the band sucks, and I hate their music.... thats all

Haha well I guess yuou can hate their music too
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.07.2012 - 02:24
I_Die_Often

Have I ever mentioned I hate The Faceless???
God I hate The Faceless, and they are always on the tours I want to see!!!
Maybe their albums sound better, but live they SUCK!!!
And now they are a "real band" on MS... thanks a lot staff!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
25.07.2012 - 03:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by I_Die_Often on 25.07.2012 at 02:24
And now they are a "real band" on MS... thanks a lot staff!

Sorry for doing our job.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.07.2012 - 04:40
Dugi

I hate Korn. They simply suck, far away from metal.
26.07.2012 - 06:16
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Dugi on 26.07.2012 at 04:40

I hate Korn. They simply suck, far away from metal.

At least get your facts right before you post. They're first couple of albums are classified as Nu/Alternative metal.
28.07.2012 - 20:18
axelx666

STRYPER

STRYPER

AND FRIGGIN STRYPER!

i hate christian metal SOOO much ..(is it really metal? what a joke!)

i mean they turned AC/DC's highway to hell to "highway to heaven"

man it pisses me off! god i just wanna bang my fist against a wall after reading that!

i need to take a moment to breathe hold on .. .. .. ..

but you can't have metal without the "satanic" darkness enveloping it..IT'S NO FUN!

and to prove my point here's a picture of the wannabes:
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
29.07.2012 - 03:02
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by axelx666 on 28.07.2012 at 20:18

The same cann be said for an religious metal exg. Satanic.

Religion shouldn't matter when it comes to music, its just a way of expression. The only time I'm kinda/sorta agaisnt it is with NSBM.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.07.2012 - 04:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

Metal music is metal music, regardless of lyrical content. It's about as much a joke as any religious metal band, be it Satanist, Catholic, Buddhist, Islamic, etc.
----
29.07.2012 - 04:54
axelx666

Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.07.2012 at 04:29

Metal music is metal music, regardless of lyrical content. It's about as much a joke as any religious metal band, be it Satanist, Catholic, Buddhist, Islamic, etc.

but what i hate about it is that they have to make it "religious" like i said earlier with the AC/DC reference.
----
"END"
29.07.2012 - 04:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by axelx666 on 29.07.2012 at 04:54
but what i hate about it is that they have to make it "religious" like i said earlier with the AC/DC reference.

So why not hate every metal band that write religious lyrics? Why limit your hate to only one specific religion?
----
29.07.2012 - 08:53
axelx666

Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.07.2012 at 04:56

Written by axelx666 on 29.07.2012 at 04:54

So why not hate every metal band that write religious lyrics? Why limit your hate to only one specific religion?

for the 1st question: because they don't push it on other people. i mean buddhist metal bands don't say "oh hail buddah or you will burn in hellfire. i mean deicide does satanic metal, but they sound cool doing it and don't push it on other people. these christians are just annoying. other then that i don't listen to much religious metal, (mostly concept metal.)

for the 2nd question: im athiest. christians bug the shit out of me.
----
"END"
29.07.2012 - 10:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by axelx666 on 29.07.2012 at 08:53

I am atheist as well, but pushy whining atheists like you bug the shit out of me
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.07.2012 - 11:35
axelx666

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.07.2012 at 10:45

Written by axelx666 on 29.07.2012 at 08:53

I am atheist as well, but pushy whining atheists like you bug the shit out of me

lol NICE ONE!
i get told that everyday!
----
"END"
29.07.2012 - 14:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Ya I'm with Marcel. There's no point getting into it any further as it would degenerate into an off-topic "debate", but atheists who go around bashing Christianity just because they feel like it's their duty are just as bad as those who preach incessantly about whatever god they believe in. Also coming from someone who isn't affiliated with any religion.
----
29.07.2012 - 17:01
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Back On topic, I dislike Bring Me The Horizion, sadly, I enjoy some of their music but they're just complete fucktards in interviews and their preformances.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.07.2012 - 21:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.07.2012 at 17:01
Back On topic, I dislike Bring Me The Horizion, sadly, I enjoy some of their music but they're just complete fucktards in interviews and their preformances.

If you like some of their music and only "dislike" them, then I don't think this is the appropriate place for this post.
----
29.07.2012 - 22:43
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.07.2012 at 21:03

Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.07.2012 at 17:01

If you like some of their music and only "dislike" them, then I don't think this is the appropriate place for this post.

I suppose it's a love/hate, I hate the band members actions, and I hate that I dig some of their music.

Rod's wearing off on me -_-
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.07.2012 - 14:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.07.2012 at 22:43
Rod's wearing off on me -_-

*Evil laugh*

----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
31.07.2012 - 20:18
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Wouldn't say i hate a band, but the band i feel is ruining metal the most is Asking Alexandria
01.08.2012 - 01:34
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Alex F on 31.07.2012 at 20:18

Wouldn't say i hate a band, but the band i feel is ruining metal the most is Asking Alexandria

I agree to a certain extent, They can have their trancecore or whatever, but most of what I hate (same with iwrestle...) is their fans.

I hate the fact that they call it death metal, I hate that they think it's technical and progressive, I hate the way the look, I hate the way the dress and talk. I just hate everything about that whole scene. The music is bad IMO, but people can listen to worse, so I don't really mind that, they have their own "Elitests", and that's what gets to me.

I like to stay away from that side of youtube from now on.

D:<
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
01.08.2012 - 09:50
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Boxcar Willy on 01.08.2012 at 01:34

I agree to a certain extent, They can have their trancecore or whatever, but most of what I hate (same with iwrestle...) is their fans.

Couldn't agree more, i'm constantly meeting people claiming to listen to death metal who then go on to say their favorite band is; AA, Bring Me The Horizon, or a copious number of other bands like these.
01.08.2012 - 10:50
Void Eater
Account deleted
Ya know, there's not a single band out there that I really hate right now... KSE style metalcore is pretty much dead, save for five bands (KSE, Trivium, AILD, All That Remains, Shadows Fall, which is really no different than the big four remaining popular once thrash died). Deathcore seems to be going away; the big names are changing their style, slowly losing some of their popularity, and no new bands are getting big. Stuff like Asking Alexandria and all that trancore/crabcore stuff is just so far removed from metal that I can't be bothered to feel anything other than apathy towards it. Old metal bands are continuing to release quality albums, young bands are taking from older styles and adding a new twist to it (Vektor's crazy space thrash deal, all these djent bands making Meshuggah melodic)... Just can't find anything to complain about. Metal seems to be in fine shape.

Oh yeah, I hate Kiss. Fuck that band. But they're not really metal, so whatev.
01.08.2012 - 19:24
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 10:50

(Rant)

You had me right until that last sentence.
05.08.2012 - 03:38
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 19:24

Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 10:50

(Rant)

You had me right until that last sentence.

You see in my case I liked the last sentance... its the (thrash died) that I kinda puked at... the rest looks fine lol
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.08.2012 - 15:51
helofloki

Difficult for me to really hate a band, if I'm not interested I just tend to ignore it or make fun of it, but it's really not hate I feel towards them. Most bands are real hard working even if they are lame. Good for them to get where they've gotten.

However, I will say this, I've always hated the term 'hair metal'. That possibly the lamest hard rock genre ever to exist gets the term metal attached to it... it just always makes me uncomfortable.