01. Underbelly Lover
02. Trenchfoot
03. Minimalistic Objectivity
04. Mollusk
05. Inanimately Soundless
06. Eyeshadow Whore
07. Obelisk
08. Disingenuous Quotation

EP's are fun to hear but not to review, most times the mini CD is way to short for us (the reviewers) to come up with something really gifted to say. Not this time, Terminally Your Aborted Ghost broke my jaw in eight sections and told me to shut the hell up!. This EP goes beyond imagination if you know what I mean, 17 minutes is not much you might say, but it's enough for this band to create a shivering feeling in every track.

Everyone of you knows this band I'm sure, their debut full length ("Slowly Peeling?Something Something" was highly praised by both the fans and the press last year, their shocking music was a hot topic in the underground scene at least; so anyway, this is unfamiliar for you? Well, Terminally Your Aborted Ghost delivers a sickening yet intelligent kind of Grindcore, their music is fresh, clever and structured, their lyrics are bizarre compositions that not many will be able to comprehend and the musicians are talented as hell. So it's somewhat similar to Kill The Client, Circle Of Dead Children, Neuraxis, Pig Destroyer and of course Cephalic Carnage.

Inanimately Soundless is an EP constantly on the rise, the 8 tracks have an individual "in crescendo" pattern that puts the listener on the edge throughout the entire length. What impresses me the most is the versatility shown in the vocals, of course the other instruments have amazing features as well (specially the overwhelming guitars), but the vocal-work is truly one of a kind. Last but not least, Scott Hull Mastered this record, you already know this will be flawless production-wise right?, and the audio is monstrous indeed (in a good way).

Most EP's are just a small sample of what the band will release in a not so distant future; there are other EP's that have nothing but the leftovers of ancient albums, those are not the "buyable" kind?but man, if you are looking for unconventional and really brutal Grindcore, this is the opportunity you were looking for believe me. Highly Recommended!!!

Best Tracks: "Mollusk", "Disingenuous Quotation", "Minimalistic Objectivity", "Underbelly Lover".

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by Herzebeth | 23.09.2006

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 7 users
29.09.2006 - 13:37
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I have their "Slowly Peeling The Flesh From The Inside Of A Folded Hand" album and its 12 tracks (28 minutes) worth of coolness.

... Havnt heard this EP yet, so after a good review.. might have to try and track it down.
----

Hellcunt Smurf

Hits total: 5361 | This month: 2