Metal Storm logo
Guano Apes

18.05.2006 - 03:01
Deus Ex Machina

They're this really great german rock band.Anyone heard of them?
They have a female singer,and i absolutely love her voice.Her name is Sandra Nasic and is originally Croatian (what else )
It's really easy getting caught up in their music cause it's heavy enough,yet melodic and really catchy.
Their songs will get in your ear instantly and you won't be able to shut up....ever
They've released a couple of albums(Proud like a God,Don't give me names,Walking on a thin line...)
"Don't give me names" is definetly a favorite of mine-it's filled with songs that are way above average-just excellent stuff.No songs that feel like fillers.It's just one of those pleasent albums that are very easy to listen to.
Well....listen to ...or maniacly jump around to

Anyways-Sandra has also collaborated with Apocalyptica.
But,as i've heard Guano Apes do not exist anymore.They broke up in 2004 or something like that.
18.05.2006 - 12:06
blindseer

Oh why did they broke up? I loved them.. "Open your eyes" was a song like no one can motivate someone like that one
----
When love and death embrace...
18.05.2006 - 17:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by blindseer on 18.05.2006 at 12:06

Oh why did they broke up? I loved them.. "Open your eyes" was a song like no one can motivate someone like that one

They just broke up...
This was the 'official message' :
"Guano Apes announced their end. After 10 Years together, with 3 albums and several best ofs, dvds, boxes, etc, they finally decided to break up and go separate ways. It's a great loss for European music.

Band members will now go separate ways with solo projects.
>> Sandra Nasic is working on her solo album
>> Henning Rümenapp is making some workshops for young musicians
>> Stefan Ude is now married and has a farm to take care of

Tamoto (Dennis Poschwatta New Band) already performed live for the first time"

I liked their albums 'Proud Like A God' and most songs of 'Walking On A Thin Line' (especially You Can't Stop Me) when I was a bit younger, nowadays I occasionally listen to them.
Overall they're not that bad and their music was pretty heavy and catchy. 'Lord Of The Boards' still is my favo snowboard-song and I have some great memories of that song.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
22.05.2006 - 04:14
asis

guano apes is indeed great, too bad i never get to see them live.. used to listen to them quite a lot few years ago.

that Apocalyptica song (path vol. II) that has sandra in vocals is really good too, check that out
----
22.05.2006 - 12:17
MetalGoddess

yeah...nice band really ...Sandra's voice is amazing, so much power, strenght in her voice Lords of The Bords is the best album...my oppinion ... many songs are great like : Rain , open your eyes, Pretty in Scarlet, platic mouth, big in japan etc...
----
You can't keep this fast car out of the race \m/
24.05.2006 - 17:49
ken
Account deleted
Really good band..when I first fond out that it's a german band I was quite suprised. Guano Apes also has some great videos.
24.05.2006 - 20:28
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Very talented vocalist but their songwriting could be kinda patchy and uninspired. Lets see how that Sandra solo album will turn out...
01.06.2006 - 16:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band, I dont like it and like it becaus eI dunno, but I like singer voice, Sandra Pesič or something, I know band is from germany, but Sanda comes Croatia, Slovenia es ex-Yugoslavia, dunno corect country,a nd she locks great and has great voice
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.06.2006 - 16:17
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ K7 : Her name is Sandra Nasic and she was born in Göttingen, Germany, on May 25, 1976, to Croatian parents. And yeah, she's a great singer, in fact in 2001, she was given an EinsLive Krone award for Best Singer.
----
01.06.2006 - 17:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Thryce on 01.06.2006 at 16:17

@ K7 : Her name is Sandra Nasic and she was born in Göttingen, Germany, on May 25, 1976, to Croatian parents. And yeah, she's a great singer, in fact in 2001, she was given an EinsLive Krone award for Best Singer.

Sandra Nasič lol man nommetere where she has born she are croat and thats all, but after merige she will lost her surname
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.06.2006 - 04:27
fire101
Account deleted
Guano Apes...... Really has a ring to it. What songs should I download?
02.06.2006 - 10:13
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Guest on 02.06.2006 at 04:27

Guano Apes...... Really has a ring to it. What songs should I download?

I'll just recommend you some of their better songs I know since I don't know them that well :
'Open Your Eyes', 'Lord Of The Boards' and 'You Can't Stop Me' are three of their most known songs. Also 'Kumba Yo' and their 'Big In Japan Cover' are definitely worth checking out. Some of their more calmer songs 'Pretty In Scarlet', 'Quietly', 'Rain' and 'Maria'.

If you like these songs and you want to know more of their stuff, try their album 'Proud Like A God' first. It is considered to be their best album followed by 'Don't Give Me Names' and 'Walking On A Thin Line'. Or you can always try 'Planet Of The Apes' (their best of compilation)

----
02.06.2006 - 13:01
Deus Ex Machina

@fire101 What i would recommend for getting into the band would be just to get the whole "Don't give me names" album first,seriously.

@K7 What has it got to do with anything if she'll lose her surname or not?You really focus on unimportant things when replying to threads to an unbelievable extent.
It's called spam.
02.06.2006 - 20:03
fire101
Account deleted
Thanks to Thryce and Deus Ex Machina! I'll look into all that.
05.06.2006 - 21:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I have all of their cds, ive known them for a long time, good rock band, great voice and lyrics, i really like the bassist. I was a Guano Apes fanatic at one point when i was 16 now their cds are all dusty in my bedroom.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.07.2006 - 14:52
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
It was pretty much same to me, I loved the band when I was like 14 or so and I played their ''Don't Give Me Names'' a couople of months ago again and they're back on my playlist. Guano Apes is a really good band imo, I also love Sandra Nasic's vox, she kinda reminds me of Nina Hagen She can sing gently and sweet (Rain) or screams like a fury (Open Your Eyes). Don't Give Me Names is still my fave album, due to songs such as Mine All Mine, Living In A Lie and Anne Claire, And I also love Path Vol. 2 that Nasic did with Apocalyptica.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
19.07.2006 - 14:45
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I've only listened to "Walking on a thin line" and it wasn't too bad. I found it pretty average though, except for the female vocals, quite impressive . Maybe I'll try "Don't give me names", but I will sure have a closer look at Sandra Nasic's solo projects when released!
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
11.11.2006 - 13:39
Lorien
Account deleted
One of my first loves... But I hadn't listened to GA for a while..
Whenever I hear songs from "Walking on a thin line" I remember some thing...eh... it's strange

Sandra has great voice and strong and kind of bitchy (that's not a bad thing)
21.07.2007 - 14:34
Ereinion'
Account deleted
I loved this band when i was 15 years old.The music could be better but Sandra Nasic has one of the best female vocals ever IMO.
02.08.2007 - 23:46
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Actually im listening to them now, to remember the old days.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.07.2010 - 20:48
Cyroth

No action here I see...I'm so glad they got back together last year.I was at their concert last year in my country ...it was great,they know to rock out and Sandra knows how to keep the public going: "I want all the boys to take their shirts of..*boys take off shirts*...oh yeah baby me so love" priceless moment
----
24.12.2010 - 15:48
JD
Account deleted
Ok, good band i used to like them, and the vocalist have a unique voice...
01.10.2020 - 04:50
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Bumping an old thread to say that this band is awesome.

First two albums were a cross of nu metal, hip hop, and alternative.
Third album went more in the alternative rock direction.

After that... well, they reunited a few years back and released an album or two, but it/both were pretty awful. Will always love their older stuff, though.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal