‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]
Users visited: 285  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by FlareHeart on 18.05.2006 at 03:58
Since there wasn't a thread for them yet I thought to make one for them. Just the typical band thread. Post your opinions, good and bad are welcome. My opinion is that these guys are very talented although they do need to try something new. All of their albums are far too similar. After listening to all of their albums it is had for me to tell them apart. But overall a very good band with a very unique sound. The topic is now open for posting!

Page 15 of 15

bran

19.04.2012 at 07:09
Written by AngelofDeth on 18.04.2012 at 23:22

I used to like them when they debuted and they even started a huge following at my old high school from metalheads and non-metalheads alike(many of these people in the party scene). Though when I realized they were just a big gimmick I stopped enjoying them -- my friend saw them live and said they were to drunk to play all the crazy guitar parts and sounded terrible, and used many purposely cheesy props.

They arent truly passionate about the music which kind of lost the magic for me. Rhapsody, Pathfinder, Dragonland etc now are my substitions.

While these guys dont always take themselves serious they are still passionate about the music behind the facade, where Dragonforce isnt serious and isnt passionate, a Gimmick.(same problem with Alestorm)

i couldnt agree more. i had a friend who was huge into them and went to go see them live and he said they were terrible, he said they messed up all the solos and the singer was too busy drinking beer and smoking cigarettes and forgot to come in on certain parts of the song. he said he would never listen to them again.
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]

Login or register to post here.