Metal Storm logo
DragonForce

Original post

Posted by FlareHeart, 18.05.2006 - 03:58
Since there wasn't a thread for them yet I thought to make one for them. Just the typical band thread. Post your opinions, good and bad are welcome. My opinion is that these guys are very talented although they do need to try something new. All of their albums are far too similar. After listening to all of their albums it is had for me to tell them apart. But overall a very good band with a very unique sound. The topic is now open for posting!
06.02.2009 - 01:29
Walter Iego
Author
Well, bands often never get the last word on videos, labels decide what, where and when...
06.02.2009 - 08:34
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmnUrHUznbE

please tell me, do they always sucks playing live that much as in this vid or was it just one "faux pas" while they was highly drunk or something?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.02.2009 - 01:00
Kanto

Boring. Ehm...I haven't heard THAT much about them, probably Ilike a lot "Where the dragons rules" for a certain AMV on YouTube. But mainly, for me is just a band with an average voice and that "OMG! SO F*CKING COOL GUITAR!!!", which I personally hate that feeling in a band
----
...Dude.
07.02.2009 - 03:18
Satanus

Hey , Dude i'm thanking god that there's someone listenin' 2 these styles of playin' , thank u to open this threat , and Mr. Kanto , i think they're so cool band , they're going on the footsteps of Stratovarius , only time will tell us what they have .:noidea:
07.02.2009 - 03:47
Kanto

Written by Satanus on 07.02.2009 at 03:18
Mr. Kanto , i think they're so cool band , they're going on the footsteps of Stratovarius , only time will tell us what they have .:noidea:
Wikipedia says that those guys are from 2000, I think that 9 years are enough to give you a name...but as I said before, I haven't heard the entire discography of Dragonforce
----
...Dude.
07.02.2009 - 04:37
Satanus

Ok , then sorry , i don't mean that u r wrong , but try 2 listen deeply , u will say that they're so mad people or they're not humanbeing ... see ya dude
15.02.2009 - 09:50
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ellrohir on 06.02.2009 at 08:34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmnUrHUznbE

please tell me, do they always sucks playing live that much as in this vid or was it just one "faux pas" while they was highly drunk or something?

Now I can answer to your question. NO, they do not always suck live. I attended their Ultra Beatdown tour 3 days ago and I was socked what a great show they put on. The music was totally OK except for that we didn't hear too much of the vocals in the first 2 songs. But those guys are so funny! They were doing silly things during the whole concert. I don't want to say examples, go and see them live! it surely worths!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.02.2009 - 09:59
Zelse

Written by Satanus on 07.02.2009 at 03:18

Hey , Dude i'm thanking god that there's someone listenin' 2 these styles of playin' , thank u to open this threat , and Mr. Kanto , i think they're so cool band , they're going on the footsteps of Stratovarius , only time will tell us what they have .:noidea:

If Dragonforce are on the road Stratovarius took, that means their fifth album will actually be their best one and it'll be all downhill both for the music and relationships in the band immediately after...
08.05.2009 - 19:04
Varjo Hauta
Account deleted
Never had much of intrest in Dragonforce, until about a month ago when I bought the Ultra Beatdown album ('cause it was cheap). Damn, I was blown away by the power it gave me. Absolutely awsome record! Heartbreak Armageddon favourite tune. I once rad an interview of Dragonforce, thought they're kind of fuckin' egotistical, but with the music like this, it doesn't matter anyway.
09.05.2009 - 14:14
Janne
Hugin
I still like their debut album the best.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
23.05.2009 - 00:17
Omegabyss
Account deleted
I think Dragon force were a roller coaster...

Valled of the Damned was a great debut album
Sonic Firestorm picked up and the music matured so much
Inhuman Rampage was very repetitive and was a HUGE letdown for me. (Cry for Eternity and Ground and Pound start the same.)
Ultra Beatdown exceeded my expectations, their music matured even more and had alot of melody in it rather than playing just for the sake of being fast...

Even i have seen em on youtube during live concerts, they dowright suck. I have more love for them then dislike. They may be just like most other power metal bands (Gamma Ray, Hammerfall) with the lyrical content and song structure. But their style of musicianship sets them apart from any band out there
23.05.2009 - 00:27
Zelse

They don't suck live, actually
23.05.2009 - 03:50
Lord_Regnier

Written by Zelse on 23.05.2009 at 00:27

They don't suck live, actually

It seems they're kinda right one night and suck the other, from what I heard. Looks like they don't always suck, but most of the time they do.

I never went to their shows but there's something I can tell: they indeed sucked on the live videos I've watched on the net.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
23.05.2009 - 07:25
Zelse

I dunno, reports have said that they've been spot-on for the Ultra Beatdown tour since they 1) practiced (finally) and 2) got those in-ear monitors to help them play

but yea youtube makes them seem pretty shitty, can't deny that. their inhuman rampage tour shows were pretty bad.
24.07.2009 - 09:33
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Maybe now they dont suck playing live, but the music they playing sucks hard...first two albums were great, now they are on the slope down to poppy hell...
----

24.07.2009 - 13:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ellrohir on 24.07.2009 at 09:33

Maybe now they dont suck playing live...

Well, at Hellfest they sucked majorly once again. They suck live more than they suck on album. Live they are always extremely sloppy.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.07.2009 - 14:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Never saw them on my own eyes, so i cant tell...but i wont attend their show nowadays anyway...
----

24.07.2009 - 18:37
Zelse

Written by Ellrohir on 24.07.2009 at 09:33

Maybe now they dont suck playing live, but the music they playing sucks hard...first two albums were great, now they are on the slope down to poppy hell...

I don't see how they're on their way to being poppy
24.07.2009 - 18:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I find their last album very very poor (even when i enjoy first two)...eventhough they are more and more popular and this summer, they co-headlined almost every bigger metal or rock or even "half-rock" (some bands rock, some pop) fest...and many people seems to be obsessed with them...and thats what i call "down to poppy hell", because i'll bet next album will suck even more and still they will became more popular...
----

24.07.2009 - 19:28
Zelse

But that's not reflective of their music

motley crue's doing cruefest but you don't see them sounding like papa roach
24.07.2009 - 21:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But DragonForce's sound is that what makes me so mad...i find Ultra Beatdown vain and boring...
----

25.07.2009 - 01:05
Zelse

Written by Ellrohir on 24.07.2009 at 21:24

But DragonForce's sound is that what makes me so mad...i find Ultra Beatdown vain and boring...

ah, very well then

i dunno ultra beatdown was pretty good imo, i don't think they'll ever top or even match sonic firestorm but that's just me personally. but ultra beatdown was a definite improvement over inhuman rampage, at least.
25.07.2009 - 01:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hell yeah, Inhuman Rampage was huge stepdown, but FOR ME - there is at least "Operation Ground And Pound" and "Through The Fire And Flames" (fastest song ever ), which i kinda like...but there is nothing on Ultra Beatdown i would say i like (maybe some parts of "Heroes of Our Times")...but ok, i respect someone like it more...
----

25.07.2009 - 02:10
Zelse

Yea. inhuman rampage did have its good moments, but take revolution deathsquad for example... the solo section is longer than the rest of the song, it's just unnecessary.

speaking of ultra beatdown, i need to get around to learning reasons to live's keyboard solo. it's pretty sick.
25.07.2009 - 03:10
VPeter

Something weird is going on... I try to find those epic fail videos of Dragonforce graspop 2006 performance again, but they all have disappeared... All I can find now is their graspop 2009 videos and their they played average instead of total crap. I wonder, youtube has a history of taking down videos on the slighest dread of a lawsuit, so I wonder if Dragonforce themselfs came with same trick.
25.07.2009 - 09:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
If this is true and isnt just a coincidence, it will be the most lame thing i had ever encountered
----

28.07.2009 - 01:59
Ag Fox
Angel No More
At least they admit it's too shameful to put on public lol
----
loves 小巫
22.09.2009 - 18:46
Angel Of Mercy

Haha agreed
----
Your time will come.
13.10.2009 - 00:55
nehrodwarf

I've listened the inhuman rampage album...
very good!

they're awsome
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
13.10.2009 - 01:19
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
One of the more yawn-inducing bands of recent years....piss fast...and thats where it stops. Everything is always JUST fast, and then it gets faster. People seem to be seduced by the super-fast guitar playing and "misdiagnose" it for good songwriting. It is not...they dont really know how to put a proper song together, they just play piss fast and its all over the top. And theyve done it since the beginning and its all still the same. Really lame band, I used to like them during my naive youth but luckily thats over.