Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - Members Go Separate Ways

Posted today on the Rhapsody website:

After 15 years of friendship, hard work and big passion, fully invested in the creation of symphonic music and an epic saga that will remain in the history of heavy metal, Alex Staropoli and Luca Turilli decided to proceed to a friendly split. "10 albums released and the end of the saga represent, musically and lyrically, an important artistic goal finally reached, underlined by the success of our last release From Chaos To Eternity, for which we want to thank our wonderful fans once again. Now it came the time when new artistic stimulations need to be found, in respect of both parts' visions and perspectives and of our longtime friendship" say Luca and Alex. Due to the latest legal agreements actually in force, Alex Staropoli will go on with Rhapsody Of Fire having, between the others, Fabio Lione as singer, Tom Hess as guitar player and Alex Holzwarth as drummer. For the same agreements and the original name's common ownership, Luca Turilli will release his future works with a new Rhapsody band, including the faithful band members Dominique Leurquin, Patrice Guers and Alex Holzwarth.

Alex says: "While wishing the best to Luca and his new band, I want to tell you that Fabio and myself feel motivated and stronger than ever and that Rhapsody Of Fire are already planning a great worldwide tour. More information regarding the new bass player and the new second guitar player will follow. Stay tuned!"

The website http://www.rhapsodyoffire.com will remain the glorious Rhapsody Of Fire website at all effects and http://www.algalordchronicles.com the official fan club of Rhapsody Of Fire only. In the future, if you want to know more about the new band of Luca Turilli, please check his personal website at http://www.lucaturilli.com

Source: rhapsodyoffire.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 16.08.2011 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 47   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 386 users
16.08.2011 - 14:40
Kalmari

So sad, From Chaos To Eternity showed that the band was in a fine form. Luca Turilli and Fabio Lione were the two things I loved about this band and now they have gone separate ways Which one will I hold as the true Rhapsody?
16.08.2011 - 14:41
Baz Anderson

So I saw their last show together? This is pretty unfortunate...
16.08.2011 - 14:49
ndawkn

Holy goddamn crap.... Even though they said the latest album would be the end of the saga..... I didn't expect this.. wow
16.08.2011 - 14:50
Yavanna

Well, that's very sad... Hope they have luck with their new projects
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
16.08.2011 - 15:02
Kingface

Damn, looks like I'll never get to see this line-up live now. Be interesting to see how Rhapsody of Fire progress from here and it'll be interesting to find out about Turilli et all's future project(s).
16.08.2011 - 15:23
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Wow. I just saw them two weeks ago. And for the first time too. Damn, this comes unexpected.
----
16.08.2011 - 15:28
Rulatore

Shit, but they probaly play together again in the future as guests in each other band or with a very-special-unique-show per year xD
16.08.2011 - 15:41
ImNotMetal

What?!
Damn!!!
reminded me of Timo Tolkki...
16.08.2011 - 16:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
YES SO GREAT NEWS; FINALY hahahahahahahahha !!!!! so damn happy no more cheese
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2011 - 16:57
Milena
gloom cookie
What the fuck? And Alex plays with both? I already see this being nominated for Drama of the year award...

Written by Bad English on 16.08.2011 at 16:43

No, now it's TWICE AS MUCH cheese, I believe

edit: Maybe Turilli trolled them a couple years back to change the name just so he could have his own Rhapsody band!
----
7.0 means the album is good
16.08.2011 - 16:57
Baz Anderson

Alternatively, double the cheese with two bands now instead of one...
16.08.2011 - 17:05
Kalmari

Which band is the true Rhapsody?

Rhapsody Of Fire:

Vocals: Fabio Lione (1997-)
Guitar 1: Tom Hess (2011-)
Guitar 2: ?
Bass: ?
Keyboards: Alex Staropoli (1997-)
Drums: Alex Holzwarth (2000-)

Rhapsody:

Vocals: ?
Guitar 1: Luca Turilli (1997-)
Guitar 2: Dominique Leurquin (2002-)
Bass: Patrice Guers (2002-)
Keyboards: ?
Drums: Alex Holzwarth (2000-)
16.08.2011 - 17:29
Rulatore

Written by Baz Anderson on 16.08.2011 at 16:57

ROFL
16.08.2011 - 17:49
Enissa

Now this is sad news, Luca Turilli, I think, was the heart of the band...
well of course this will double the laws of the cheesiness, two Rhapsody bands...!!
16.08.2011 - 18:09
Danyael

I'm pretty sure one of them will go in a more extreme direction, while the other will remain the same. They seemed to have been trying to incorporate the extreme part for a while, so that could be the thing here.
16.08.2011 - 18:25
Stabby
Account deleted
So they split in two and one is called Rhapsody and the other is called Rhapsody Of Fire? THAT IS WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION TO REMEMBER! Fuck! I had a tough enough time understanding it when they changed their name from Rhapsody to Rhapsody Of Fire. Goddamnit.

But in the spirit of the dragons of the mountains and the warriors and the unicorns and such, I will press onward, and will remember which band contains which mighty metal warriors.
16.08.2011 - 18:51
farfaramir

Die.
16.08.2011 - 19:06
GT
Coffee!!
So glad I saw them at Wacken then. Really unexpected!
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.08.2011 - 19:32
warrior_of_ice

Speaking of the breakup, they did it respectfully and with class. I wish them the best of luck on future projects!
16.08.2011 - 20:02
Dargor

I think it was a bit predictable, but not so soon.
I don't mind and I think it's actually a good thing, but I truly hope they will end this with one final worldwide tour with Luca.
I never saw them live and it would not feel them same seeing them live without Luca.

It's like going to see Kamelot live without Roy Khan.
Fortunately, I already saw Kamelot live with Khan.
16.08.2011 - 20:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 16.08.2011 at 16:57

hehe I know but this band is done and even new bands they wont be so famose, but I agree its be doble extra cheese , and be overated, I belive ppl would buy alreday pre sail new albums ... and its be fun to see they play BM
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2011 - 20:59
Daniell
_爱情_
You guys are missing the point.
Why make money with 1 band when you can make it with 2?
16.08.2011 - 21:28
Fat & Sassy!

TT^TT

*Impales himself with the EEEEEEEEEEMRAL SWARD*
16.08.2011 - 23:14
EmeraldSword

How about Rhapsody of Ice for the second band? Fire and Ice baby!
17.08.2011 - 00:14
timmoe

Written by Guest on 16.08.2011 at 18:25

So they split in two and one is called Rhapsody and the other is called Rhapsody Of Fire? THAT IS WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION TO REMEMBER! Fuck! I had a tough enough time understanding it when they changed their name from Rhapsody to Rhapsody Of Fire. Goddamnit.

But in the spirit of the dragons of the mountains and the warriors and the unicorns and such, I will press onward, and will remember which band contains which mighty metal warriors.

Will the Luca band really be called Rhapsody? I thought, as they're calling it "a new Rhapsody BAND", that they just meant it will feature old Rhapsody members, with a similar sound, or something, and that this new band hasn't got a name yet.
17.08.2011 - 02:23
Baz Anderson

Yeh, it isn't clear whether Luca has the rights to the name "Rhapsody" again or not...
17.08.2011 - 02:28
BMR Monkey

Fuck this shit
17.08.2011 - 05:23
Byners

So what's it? Rhapsody of Ice? Thunder? Earth? Water?
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
17.08.2011 - 05:31
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Well that's lame. I guess I won't get my Gorgonites v. Commando Elite album with the original lineup.

But I'm willing to bet that Luca's Rhapsody is gonna have Olaf Heyer (or however his last name is spelled. He's the dude from Luca's solo project) on vocals and whoever was playing keyboards for him in said project.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.08.2011 - 05:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Byners on 17.08.2011 at 05:23
So what's it? Rhapsody of Ice? Thunder? Earth? Water?

Rhapsody of Earth, Wind & Fire.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 6139 | This month: 8