Owners:

11 have it
2 want it

01. Kill Monument
02. Cess Pit People
03. Holy Rheum - I) Night Of Negative Stars
04. Holy Rheum - II) Hologram Law

Additional info
Recorded in 2009. Released as limited A5 digipack with cards.

Staff review by
KwonVerge
Rating:
Whenever an Irish act crosses my way and I get overwhelmed from the very first spin, it becomes a lifetime relationship; alongside Primordial and Mourning Beloveth the triangle is complete with Wreck Of The Hesperus.

The tentacles of torment have been awakened from their slumber in the deepest sewers and are slowly marching underneath the city towards its borders, to surround it in one take all of a sudden. Wreck Of The Hesperus, five years after their devastating debut work (The Sunken Threshold), present their second attempt, Light Rotting Out. The title says it all and the obscure skeletal/humane duality complex in the cover artwork hides even more. Are you ready for swimming lessons in the murky waters of sludge-flirting funeral doom?

Read more ››
published 17.08.2011 | Comments (11)

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 74 users
16.08.2011 - 23:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Great nasty cover art to go with equally filthy music. Doesn't feel like funeral doom though, more like some kind of extreme sludge.
17.08.2011 - 00:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 16.08.2011 at 23:41

Great nasty cover art to go with equally filthy music. Doesn't feel like funeral doom though, more like some kind of extreme sludge.

get hold of the A5 version it has a post card included for every single track with some more greatr nasty art by one of the band members. He also did the artwork for the Wreck split with Mourning Beloveth.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.08.2011 - 00:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2011 at 00:38

get hold of the A5 version it has a post card included for every single track with some more greatr nasty art by one of the band members. He also did the artwork for the Wreck split with Mourning Beloveth.

I just noticed that but assumed it would have been sold out. I'll definitely have a look for it though.
17.08.2011 - 00:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 17.08.2011 at 00:42

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2011 at 00:38

I just noticed that but assumed it would have been sold out. I'll definitely have a look for it though.

no idea how limited it is. But it wouldn't surpirse me if Aesthetic Death still has copies. I know for sure Psychedoomelic still does, though.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.08.2011 - 00:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2011 at 00:45

no idea how limited it is. But it wouldn't surpirse me if Aesthetic Death still has copies. I know for sure Psychedoomelic still does, though.

Cool, I'll have a look.
30.08.2019 - 01:43
Rating: 9
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Extremely overlooked masterpiece of very VERY sick sludge (definitely more of a sludge album than funeral). The key component is without a doubt the production. It has a very off-kilter sound to it that add to the music's bizarre undertones. The drums first of all sound chaotic and unnerving along with a prominent and weirdly clean bass for the style. I recall listening to it once when it came out but for some reason it did not stick to me. I bought it more than half a year ago but only today I gave it a full spin. Better late than never I guess.

The overall formula might not be the most unique out there but the way it was presented is the main reason why I feel like it deserves a high mark. Wha a disgusting piece of art.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 5452 | This month: 21