Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Frontman Cleared From Bible-Tearing Trial

Polish Behemoth frontman Adam "Nergal" Darski has just been acquitted of insulting religious beliefs by tearing bible during the gig at Ucho in Gdynia Poland, 2007. As the justification of the verdict, the Court has stated that they will not define boundaries and limitations for artistic activities.

Prosecutors charged him with offending religious feelings but the district court in Gdynia argued Thursday that audience members who testified in the case said they were not offended.

During testimony, Nergal confirmed that the incident took place with the Bible. He remarked, however, that the concert at which it occurred, was a closed event/ticket. He added that the band depends on the fact that their concerts do not infringe on "outsiders who do not understand the message and may mistakenly understand it."

Nergal comments: "Im so glad to see that intelligence won over religious fanatics in my home country. Tho there's still so much work to be done to make things right... But I'm sure that I'm on the right path to ultimate freedom! The battle is won, but the war ain't over. Heil Satan!"

Source: behemoth.pl
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 18.08.2011 by Account deleted

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 86   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 431 users
18.08.2011 - 23:05
bluegreengod
Account deleted
Destroying books in itself is wrong but not criminal...The fact that it was a bible is completely irrelevant. If somebody chooses to worship a book for whatever reason, that's their own damn problem.
18.08.2011 - 23:10
Dinesen
Destroying the book is fucking awesome! Fuck all religion! And BeastofMetal, don't you got some home work to do?
18.08.2011 - 23:36
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
" intelligence won over religious fanatics" I think he wont leave bible forever. I m waiting for the next concert where he'll tear another holy book again!
18.08.2011 - 23:42
warrior_of_ice
Written by Guest on 18.08.2011 at 20:30

Written by warrior_of_ice on 18.08.2011 at 17:58

Oh I know. Believe me. My research on BOTH pieces of fiction have left me with a clear and informed view on religion, propaganda and appeasement.

Your erroneous internet research I assume.

Why would it be erroneous? I have a psych. degree and starting my Master's in History. I am more than capable of scholarly research...
19.08.2011 - 00:29
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by warrior_of_ice on 18.08.2011 at 23:42

Written by Guest on 18.08.2011 at 20:30

Written by warrior_of_ice on 18.08.2011 at 17:58

Oh I know. Believe me. My research on BOTH pieces of fiction have left me with a clear and informed view on religion, propaganda and appeasement.

Your erroneous internet research I assume.

Why would it be erroneous? I have a psych. degree and starting my Master's in History. I am more than capable of scholarly research...

I'm doing a biochemistry degree.... I'm still an idiot.
19.08.2011 - 01:01
warrior_of_ice
To each his own...i guess
19.08.2011 - 01:30
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by warrior_of_ice on 19.08.2011 at 01:01

To each his own...i guess

meh...What I wanted to say was, religion isn't necesarily bad, but many people who follow it ruin it.

And ironically, Nergal is being as preachy as religious people.
19.08.2011 - 02:06
warrior_of_ice
That would really depend on how you define, 'bad'.
19.08.2011 - 02:07
AhmadKayyali
I Put religion out of Metal respect to nergal as an artist fuck him as a person
19.08.2011 - 02:45
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.08.2011 at 17:27

Written by Guest on 18.08.2011 at 17:20

He hates them because they're satanic. Seriously.

Hmmmmm do you remember when you were 15 and started to hate random people just to look tough?
Yeah, me too.

Nah, I hate his satanic stance.
Written by warrior_of_ice on 18.08.2011 at 17:45

I'd be more pleased if Behemoth tore up some pages from the Qur'an. That vile book is far more poisonous than the Bible at this particular moment in human history. Fuck Islam and fuck the pedophile false prophet.

I'm sorry, but you offended me, and I'll report you to the mods.
Written by Dööm on 18.08.2011 at 22:04

I'm glad he got cleared of those charges.
Now, let's just get one thing straight: The Qur'an hasn't done anything and neither has the Bible. None of them are "poisonous". Everything bad associated with religion has of course been done by people. A book does not and will never do anything. Make certain you keep the people responsible. One might use the Bible as an excuse to kill, while another may use it as a reason for helping someone. In both cases, the book cannot be held accountable of what transpires. End of story.

The quran isn't written by people. I believe in Allah.
19.08.2011 - 02:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 19.08.2011 at 02:45

Nah, I hate his satanic stance.

It's easy to toss the word "hate" when it comes to people you don't know in reality. It's also hilarious that people keep hating each other for things as simple as beliefs, it makes it harder for any non-religious people to take religion seriously and therefore you get less respect.
If you want to hate something... Hate war, hate hunger, hate poverty, hate corruption and other horrible things that actually make an impact in this little planet. Otherwise... don't use the word hate, it's devoid of any meaning.

Also... As an elite I'll be honest with you: I'd be surprised if the mods give a damn about this "offense" considering it wasn't posted against you personally even though it was a rude comment it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.08.2011 - 03:03
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Ideas can be parasitic... don't be controlled by them. Mind-Control

Oh no, I caught the National Geographic fluke...
19.08.2011 - 03:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

The mods won't give a crap I can promise you. Free speech is allowed on Metal Storm, even if his words were somewhat harsh language wise (which he may be moaned at for)
19.08.2011 - 03:50
Metal_4Ever
Written by warrior_of_ice on 19.08.2011 at 03:45

deleted words.

Then why you are talkin about Islam? why? are you hate em? If you are, then you shouldn't express your feelings in a thread like that you jackass!
19.08.2011 - 04:21
strade
This needs to stop. Hypocritical, hate-mongering, so called "religious" people. I'm not religious, but I'm pretty sure I never heard about the part where Jesus professed hatred for those who didn't follow him and started cursing them. I can respect level-headed religious people, but I honest wouldn't care if you, my friend, burned in your so-called hell. Shame on you.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
19.08.2011 - 04:28
Metal_4Ever
Written by strade on 19.08.2011 at 04:21

This needs to stop. Hypocritical, hate-mongering, so called "religious" people. I'm not religious, but I'm pretty sure I never heard about the part where Jesus professed hatred for those who didn't follow him and started cursing them. I can respect level-headed religious people, but I honest wouldn't care if you, my friend, burned in your so-called hell. Shame on you.

For who This words ?
19.08.2011 - 04:31
strade
Only those who hate in the name of an anti-hate movement. Rather sacrilegious, I must say.

Mainly Warrior_of_Ice
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
19.08.2011 - 04:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Metalstorm has limited free speech.

you can challenge - even insult - religions, politics, and ideologies.

you can NOT insult one another.

warnings have been doled out. posts deleted. continued stupidity will result in vacations.

if you don't like the fact people have different viewpoints and might not at all agree with your point of view (as one of the two or three conservatives on this site, this is every day for me as well, you don't see me whining about it), you probably shouldn't be here.

i am not fucking around here. i've already shattered the "in case of emergency break glass" protective barrier and am keeping the banhammer at my side.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.08.2011 - 05:17
Void Eater
Account deleted
Angels cried, demons laughed, and a bag of kittens was set on fire.
19.08.2011 - 06:47
Hellhound
I'm glad to see the religion isn't the end-all in every country. Congrats Nergal, I hope those whiny cunts who brought you up on charges cry themselves to sleep on their Jesus love-pillows tonight.
19.08.2011 - 06:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
This story and this thread are both fuckin' hilarious.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.08.2011 - 09:40
Andreas
Written by Guest on 18.08.2011 at 22:48

We all have our theory about what is freedom and what isn't.

It's not a theory, it's my daily life :-)
19.08.2011 - 14:01
Slayer666

Beast Boy, this is a metal website. If you're not ready to read through a lot of religion-bashing, specially a religion as dangerous as Islam is nowadays, you better GTFO.

Allah wrote that silly book you're talking about? Really?
A being so advanced and all-powerful as Allah is claimed to be cares about what a meaningless insect like you, me or anyone else puts into its digestive tract or who he puts his genitals into? In the words of my generation, get real.
19.08.2011 - 14:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Andreas on 19.08.2011 at 09:40

Written by Guest on 18.08.2011 at 22:48

We all have our theory about what is freedom and what isn't.

It's not a theory, it's my daily life :-)

Exactly... YOUR daily life, YOUR point of view. Always remember that
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.08.2011 - 15:02
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by Slayer666 on 19.08.2011 at 14:01

Beast Boy, this is a metal website. If you're not ready to read through a lot of religion-bashing, specially a religion as dangerous as Islam is nowadays, you better GTFO.

Allah wrote that silly book you're talking about? Really?
A being so advanced and all-powerful as Allah is claimed to be cares about what a meaningless insect like you, me or anyone else puts into its digestive tract or who he puts his genitals into? In the words of my generation, get real.

As much as I (obviously) admire your "open-mindedness" and your superb perception, I think BeastOfMetal did nothing wrong, unlike Warrior Of Ice (or something) who went off-topic by bringing up (and insulting) a religion that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. There was no need for you to tell him to "GTFO". He just thought that, since he's very polite, he should report him to mods since that guy insulted him. What's wrong with that? People should really stop being overly obsessive with religions and worry more about real issues like world hunger or poverty, and not the hatred that is constantly and baselessly preached throughout the internet toward Christianity, Islam (mainly) and religions as a whole.

Now if you want to insult Islam (or any religion for that matter) fine, just go to the Islam thread and knock yourself out but I find it really weird, uncalled-for and somehow fanatical that someone had brought it up in a bible-tearing discussion.

I apologize for getting off-topic everyone, but I just felt the urge to point this out.And as Troy said, this is really hilarious .

EDIT: One more thing, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone over something, even insulting their religions or ideologies is okay (it would be unethical though) but it would be wrong and foolish to insult that very person just because they don't agree with you (and that's exactly what Warrior Of Ice did) and that's why I think that your scathing comment should have been directed at him not at BeastOfMetal.
19.08.2011 - 17:01
Andreas
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.08.2011 at 14:44

Exactly... YOUR daily life, YOUR point of view. Always remember that

Yeah, I'm not the preaching type, more like someone to defend christians in general.
19.08.2011 - 17:04
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Andreas on 19.08.2011 at 17:01

more like someone to defend christians in general.

Don't have any problems with that as long as you don't use insults to make a point. But you don't seem like that kind of person, good.
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.08.2011 - 17:49
Sean 79
Quote:
Written by Guest on 18.08.2011 at 17:06

He deserves it. I despise Nergal and Behemoth. Stupid overrated band.

I won't question your dislike for the band as that is just musical preference. But why do you hate Nergal?

He hates them because they're satanic. Seriously

Well he should check his facts first. Behemoth are not satanic. They have an anti religious stance but are not satanic. Check band backgrounds before you slate them. Being 15 is no excuse for ignorance. When i was 15 metal is what got me interested in other religions and histories. GET READING! Personally i think people can have all the imaginary friends they like.
19.08.2011 - 17:58
Slayer666
Written by Mindheist on 19.08.2011 at 15:02

As much as I (obviously) admire your "open-mindedness" and your superb perception, I think BeastOfMetal did nothing wrong, unlike Warrior Of Ice (or something) who went off-topic by bringing up (and insulting) a religion that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. There was no need for you to tell him to "GTFO". He just thought that, since he's very polite, he should report him to mods since that guy insulted him.

And as much as I admire your pseudo-pacifism and covert sarcasm, you're wrong on multiple accounts here. First of, the Ice dude did not, in any way, insult Beast Boy directly. He said "Fuck Islam and fuck their pedophile prophet" or something along those lines. Sure, the harsh language might have been uncalled for, but this is the Internet and a website where you're allowed free speech. If I said "Fuck evolutionism and fuck that faggot Charles Darwin", would that count as personal insult against those who believe in evolutionism? I don't think so. So, why is religion such a touchy and personal subject? If you as a person define yourself purely as an Islamist and nothing else, well, that's entirely your problem and do try to keep your self-issues outside of this board.

Quote:

What's wrong with that? People should really stop being overly obsessive with religions and worry more about real issues like world hunger or poverty, and not the hatred that is constantly and baselessly preached throughout the internet toward Christianity, Islam (mainly) and religions as a whole.

And this is where you contradict yourself. Beasty was the overly obsessive one here, saying things like: "I hate Nergal because of his Satanic stance" and making such a fuss over someone bashing his religion. Again, if you can't deal with that on the Internet, GTFO.

Quote:

Now if you want to insult Islam (or any religion for that matter) fine, just go to the Islam thread and knock yourself out but I find it really weird, uncalled-for and somehow fanatical that someone had brought it up in a bible-tearing discussion.

I've got absolutely no such intentions. I just found it completely retarded that someone should be reported to the mods for stating his opinion regarding a religion, even with the use of harsh language.

Quote:

And as Troy said, this is really hilarious .

I, on the other hand, think both the story and the thread are quite sad rather than hilarious. They show how much hold religion still has over some folks, even though it's 2011 and religion is just a relic of the past.

You're right about this being totally off-topic though, so I'll stop here. Over and out.
19.08.2011 - 18:11
Panzerchrist
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.08.2011 at 06:55

This story and this thread are both fuckin' hilarious.

I was thinking "Most likely, a big-ass relgion bashing-discussion will occur. But, whatevs... It's an update on the trial." when I added this, so I expected nothing else! I'm glad the trial is over though.

Hits total: 7942 | This month: 10