Metal Storm logo
Favorite Nevermore Album

Original post

Posted by Dangerboner, 01.10.2006 - 04:31
All of Nevermore's albums are very good and they remain as one of the most consistent metal bands out there. I think that Dead Heart in a Dead World is their best album, slightly edging out This Godless Endeavor. Every track on that album is amazing and I never have to skip a track. That album has one of my favorite songs, The River Dragon Has Come, and ends with the marvelous title song.

So, what do you think?

Poll

Which one is your favorite?

Dead Heart in a Dead World
This Godless Endeavor
Dreaming Neon Black
Politics of Ecstasy
Nevermore
Enemies of Reality

Total votes: 95
14.09.2008 - 07:22
Dark Blood
The Avenger
My favourite album right now is The Godless Endeavor. But I'm not voting until I get Dead Heart and Dreaming Neon Black. It might change my favourite list.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
14.09.2008 - 07:44
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Guest on 14.09.2008 at 07:40

Written by Dark Blood on 14.09.2008 at 07:22

My favourite album right now is The Godless Endeavor. But I'm not voting until I get Dead Heart and Dreaming Neon Black. It might change my favourite list.

They're all very distinct albums, so remember not to go into those looking for more of "This Godless Endeavor".

Yes, I'm aware of that. In fact I've heard Dreaming Neon Black in a store one day and I liked it a lot, but I had to choose another cd.. don't remember which one was.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
14.09.2008 - 08:51
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Quote:
Written by Guest on 14.09.2008 at 08:47

Written by Dark Blood on 14.09.2008 at 07:44

They're all very distinct albums, so remember not to go into those looking for more of "This Godless Endeavor".

Yes, I'm aware of that. In fact I've heard Dreaming Neon Black in a store one day and I liked it a lot, but I had to choose another cd.. don't remember which one was.

Awesome! If I owned a record store "DNB" would be its theme.

Haha! Indeed. Sounds great for a record store theme!
----
16.12.2008 - 11:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
This Godless Endeavour for me, I like it so much that I bought the original CD. Also, I think it's better than all their other albums and I have listened to them all. They have a lot of strong albums but none of them surpasses TGE quality in my opinion.

SO, that's my vote.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.12.2008 - 13:01
Hrothdane
Really hard to say, I haven't listened to the albums I have enough to make a decision yet. I'm kind of leaning towards This Godless Endeavor b/c it has slightly more of my favorite Nevermore songs, and I like the themes of the songs in it. It is also the first Nevermore album I got, so it has sentimental value
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
16.12.2008 - 23:02
trogdizard
Account deleted
Ok, I have three of their albums, and I used to have them all. But, I got rid of some of them because they didn't have the same feel and I just didn't have room on my iPod for something I wouldn't enjoy. This Godless Endeavor takes it, mostly because of how much I love the title track and those incredible dimished sweeps and then melodic sweeps towards the end. Also, every other track on the album is pretty amazing, and I can't decide my favorite between the rest of them. Except Bittersweet Feast.
I like Dead Heart the second best, and The River Dragon Has Come is one of the most metal songs ever. I mean really, a dragon coming to destroy a poor helpless village? That reeks of metal.
By the way, Dreaming Neon Black is my least favorite. I just don't like it. It has such a weird twist to it compared to the rest of their music.
27.12.2008 - 10:44
The Wretched Jim
Account deleted
Dead Heart is my pick. They don't have a bad album though IMO.
27.12.2008 - 13:11
Yooden
I pick neon black, but thats just probably because it was the first one I heard.
Dead heart and politics are just as great.
----
www.aji-works.net
www.theycalluslegion.com
30.12.2008 - 18:13
Ascendant187
I voted for Dreaming Neon Black. The first Nevmore album I ever heard was Dead Heart In A Dead World (and I love it) but, after hearing the title track off Dreaming Neon Black, I KNEW I had to pick up the album. I can listen to it from start to finish over and over (and can with every other Nevermore album to be fair) but I just love the atmosphere on it.

They've certainly become much more polished but I think the raw emotion shown throughout Dreaming Neon Black makes it a special album, though it's probably overshadowed by their more recent stuff.
24.01.2009 - 22:29
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
This Godless Endeavor IMO is the best Nevermore album! But as it is already mentioned all the Nevermore albums are great!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
26.01.2009 - 16:53
I struggled to decide between Dreaming Neon Black and Dead Heart In A Dead World but picked up Neon Black because it's concept is quite awesome and Jeff Loomis had his best guitar performance there.The song "Poison Godmachine" also effected my choice
10.07.2009 - 12:44
Justice
No bad album yet but dead heart is the best
19.08.2009 - 01:22
Razorback
Enemies of Reality
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
29.01.2010 - 09:21
Evil Chip
I voted for dreaming neon black as someone mentioned is the most heartfelt album made of Nevermore IMO. The history flows really good through the album. There are not many albums that can express this raw fellings like this one just to name a few: The wall, the downward spiral, etc.
29.01.2010 - 16:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I agree with the opening post, i love most songs i've heard from Dead Heart(especially the title track, Heart Collector, Inside Four Walls and of course The River Dragon Has Come), though i didn't listen to it all start-finish quite yet. i do like their first too, though i didn't listen to it all.
31.01.2010 - 04:19
Edible Autopsy
My vote went to Enemies of Reality. I love that album. Dead Heart in a Dead World is a close second.

I've never heard anything I didn't like by Nevermore.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
25.02.2010 - 10:02
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
I love we disintegrate.
25.02.2010 - 18:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
This Godless Endeavor. (Although Ive still yet to hear the debut. ) The reason for this, is its the only Nevermore album where I love every single song on it. All the other albums have 1 or 2 songs I dont like that much, so the decision was easy for me!

Im really surprised to see Enemies Of Reality so near the bottom. I absolutely love that album! It was also the first Nevermore album I ever heard. lol
17.03.2011 - 00:44
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
I'm suprised Politics of Ecstasy is #4 in popularity. That's definitely my favorite, The Learning and Tianamen Man are simply amazing
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
17.05.2011 - 00:28
Ghostdancer
I like This Godless Endeavour. It was more than a great collection of songs...it was a great album.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"