Metal Storm logo
Firewind

Original post

Posted by FlareHeart, 18.05.2006 - 04:04
Here is the Firewind thread! Post your opinions and thoughts here. Personally I really enjoy their music and feel that they aren't as well thought of as they could be. They are a little underrated, but they have a very interesting sound overall, and they are probably one of my top favorite power metal bands at this present time. Positive and negative opinions are all welcome just please remember to explain your posts. Thread is now open for posting!
25.02.2008 - 11:56
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
I totally agree with eyesofwitch, the new album is totally awesome!
18.03.2008 - 16:29
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
A video trailer for "The Premonition", the new album from Firewind can be viewed at this location.
20.03.2008 - 00:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Just listened to these guys for the first time today, going to "Bloodshred & Terror" tour with Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility, Divine Heresy and Firewind. Since I've seen the other 3 bands live already, figured I might as well get familiar with Firewind so I know a song or two when I go to see them in may. I must say I actually really like it considering Im not very big into power metal. I'm hoping to get 'The Premonition' soon. I really like Gus Gs guitar work.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.04.2008 - 08:08
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Okay, well, my enthusiasm for the latest Firewind CD was only marginal before, however, upon a few months of listening to "The Premonition," I am much more enthused by the band's performance than I was with "Allegiance." So, I picked up the CD today, and am really loving the first two tracks... perhaps it's the end of cold weather that's making it easier to listen to more upbeat music for me, who knows? But the new Firewind finally gets my approval
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
28.04.2008 - 11:28
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Doc G. on 20.03.2008 at 00:31

Just listened to these guys for the first time today, going to "Bloodshred & Terror" tour with Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility, Divine Heresy and Firewind. Since I've seen the other 3 bands live already, figured I might as well get familiar with Firewind so I know a song or two when I go to see them in may. I must say I actually really like it considering Im not very big into power metal. I'm hoping to get 'The Premonition' soon. I really like Gus Gs guitar work.

They also put on a great show. Loads of energy and communication with the audience so you have something to look forward to (besides the other 3 bands of course)
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.09.2008 - 21:08
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
I like Burning Earth. Good songs and good album
30.09.2008 - 01:13
Hrothdane
Written by Guest on 29.09.2008 at 21:08

I like Burning Earth. Good songs and good album

I am the anger is AWESOME
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
30.09.2008 - 01:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by GT on 28.04.2008 at 11:28

They also put on a great show. Loads of energy and communication with the audience so you have something to look forward to (besides the other 3 bands of course)

Unfortunately I got really drunk before that show and only made it in to the venue for the last 3.5 songs, all of which escape my memory at this time. They did play a great set from what little I can remember. Luckily I sobered up for Arch Enemy, who played an awesome set as usual.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.09.2008 - 10:17
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Doc G. on 30.09.2008 at 01:53

Written by GT on 28.04.2008 at 11:28

Unfortunately I got really drunk before that show and only made it in to the venue for the last 3.5 songs, all of which escape my memory at this time. They did play a great set from what little I can remember. Luckily I sobered up for Arch Enemy, who played an awesome set as usual.

Haha yeah well that happens sometimes
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.10.2008 - 01:07
gocasaca
Hail to "Northern sky"!
04.12.2008 - 09:06
Metalbound7
That's what im talking about! a Heavy style of Power Metal, Im not really into bands like Stratovarius or Rhapsody but i love when a Power Metal band know how to blow up your mind. Very Melodic and Power Metal but Still too Heavy. Firewind is one of those bands.

The Premonition and Burning Earth albums are freakin' awesome!
11.12.2008 - 12:54
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Guess what?. Firewind's singer looks like Tom Cruise...
----
Coldgrits
29.01.2009 - 12:38
Adastreia13
Account deleted
Mmm firewind are awesome. I saw them twice on their UK tour with support from Kiuas who I also really enjoyed. I'd like to see more of them because they seem to fuse quite a few metal genres together to get a really good sound. One thing that seems to be a bit of a shame is the fact that in playing the UK, Firewind had much smaller audiences than they get in Europe. Still, they played their hearts out. I'm definitely not gonna forget the highlight of Firewind metalling up the song Maniac from Flashdance. Also, hats off to their keyboardist for playing his keys and guitar at the same time.
08.02.2009 - 00:13
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
They sound kinda generic to me...Didn't listen to them much though.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
08.03.2009 - 23:12
Gigginova
Account deleted
They seem to be improving
09.03.2009 - 03:48
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 08.02.2009 at 00:13

They sound kinda generic to me...Didn't listen to them much though.

Although I enjoy many of the songs on the band's latest two albums, I still pick their debut "Between Heaven And Hell" as my favorite, and also enjoy "Forged By Fire" the second most. I'd say before totally passing them off try to go through all their albums, as their style has changed quite a bit since their debut. I'm not saying you'll like either, but, all their albums are at least checking out
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
13.03.2009 - 17:26
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Written by gocasaca on 26.10.2008 at 01:07

Hail to "A Blaze in the Northern Sky"!

Fixed.
14.03.2009 - 00:17
gocasaca
Written by Metalhead2 on 13.03.2009 at 17:26

Written by gocasaca on 26.10.2008 at 01:07

Hail to "A Blaze in the Northern Sky"!

Fixed.

Thanks!
23.03.2009 - 17:36
Dominus
The Shooter
The Premonition has been transformed into one of my favorite albums of Power Metal. He is simply sensational!
20.04.2009 - 00:32
Wyrd
I did not really like the The Premonition, it was not nearly as good as there other works.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
20.04.2009 - 01:02
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by -DC-002- on 11.12.2008 at 12:54

Guess what?. Firewind's singer looks like Tom Cruise...

I guess they can pass for like 2nd cousin or something.
20.02.2010 - 05:41
MeTalRea|istiK
This is my recent fav!!omg..i love gus g with his triplex riffing which i seem a very cool compare to others!!n bob who handle keyboard n guitar section..argh!!this band make me cant sleep at night!!!Gigginova..if u compare the face,yes they look alike..but if u comparing the height then u know what i mean..hahaha
20.02.2010 - 14:15
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I know i have listened to this band, but i wasnt really impressed
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.02.2010 - 19:51
MeTalRea|istiK
Gus G triplex riffing is so wonderful..that make me impressed..anyway..u hv ur right not to impressed..:)
21.02.2010 - 01:26
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
I find there are drastic differences in feel from different eras of the band's sound. If I'd only heard one album and wrote the band off, that would be a mistake IMO. I personally like the first and third albums much more, and find "Allegiance" very boring. Their most recent album was okay...but forgettable for me, considering I can't even remember a riff even though I own the CD. I remember liking it initially because it seemed an improvement, but it faded quickly.

One listen to the title track of "Between Heaven and Hell" and I've already forgotten anything they've released recently.
----
14.03.2010 - 19:31
I on the other hand thought Allegiance had great song writing and mighty riffs. If anyone wants the original Massacre records release of Between Heaven and Hell for a cheap price i saw this the other day:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320500424573&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
28.03.2019 - 16:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This band announced some shows

We just confirmed a bunch of new dates for this Fall as special guests of Queensrÿche! There's more to be announced! Please see below where we play this year so far & we hope to see you out there!

FIREWIND TOUR 2019
13.07 CZ Vizovice - Masters of Rock fest
27.07 HU Szekesfehersvar - Fezen Fest
28.07 SLO Ljubljana - Kino Siska
30.07 DE Munich - Free & Easy Festival
31.07 DE Aschaffenburg - Colos Saal
03.08 NL Eindhoven- Effenaar
06.08 IT Pinarella di Cervia- Rock Planet
07.08 CH Pratteln - Z7
09.08 BEL Kortrijk - Alcatraz Metal Festival

w/ Queensryche (new dates)
19.11.2019 - Kwadrat, Krakow (PL)
21.11.2019 - RathausSaal Telfs, Telfs (A)
23.11.2019 - Fryshuset Klubben, Stockholm (SWE)
24.11.2019 - Tradgarn, Gothenburg (SWE)
25.11.2019 - Vulkan, Oslo (NO)
26.11.2019 - Pumpehuset, Copenhagen (DK)
04.12.2019 - MS Connexion Complex, Mannheim (DE)
05.12.2019 - Conrad Sohm, Dornbirn (A)
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.03.2020 - 07:12
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Greek power metal veterans Firewind has announced that they have parted company with keyboardist Bob Katsionis, who has stepped down to focus on his work as a producer, as well as vocalist Henning Basse. Basse sang on the most recent Firewind album, Immortals and has been replaced by Avantasia frontman Herbie Langhans.

A message from the band reads as follows:

"Dear friends & supporters,

"We've been pretty quiet about the new album but we'll cut right to the chase.

"After many years, Bob Katsionis is stepping down from the ongoing touring lifestyle and focus on his work as a producer / studio engineer as well as his own projects.

We've also parted ways with Henning Basse due to personal reasons that will prevent him from completing the upcoming album touring cycle and continuing with the band overall.

"We thank them both for their time and contributions to Firewind. There's absolutely no bad blood here, the guys are part of our legacy and we wish them best of luck for the future.

"While this was a big challenge for us, it is a change that needed to happen in order for the band to continue. This is a rebirth of Firewind and a new chapter in our musical history.

"At the same time we'd like to welcome new singer Herbie Langhans (Avantasia, ex- Sinbreed).

Herbie is a hell of a singer and his powerful style breathes new life on our new material but also on our back catalogue.

"He recently completed the vocals for our 9th studio album which is due later this year.

"We're very excited to finally reveal the upcoming album and share the new sounds with you! Stay tuned as more announcements coming real soon!"

Source: Facebook