Metal Storm logo
Sunn O))) best album

Poll

Which is your favourite album by Sunn???

Black One
White Two
White One
Flight Of The Behemoth
The Grimrobe Demos
Zero Zero Void

Total votes: 14
02.10.2006 - 00:01
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
here we are...

I consider myself a big Sunn O))) fan, and it was hard for me to chose between White Two and Black One... I finally voted for Black One, as I think the atmosphere created in that piece is overwhelming... many people was dissapointed by this Drone/Black album, but I find it flawless, with Malefic delivering an outstanding vocal work and the whole ambioence being pretty terrifying.

I also enjoy a lot White Two, a perfectly balanced album, and with "Bass Aliens" being a hell of a song... on the other hand, I don't like a lot White One, and the first works of the band can sound kind of boring, except the tracks mixed by Merzbow in "Flight Of The Behemoth", that are amazing.
02.10.2006 - 00:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well you realy think I can choose, well its hard to choose, because music are almoust simmilr and its not like there are something what I like, no lyrics, no cool titles, only great music what I enjoy, so its werry hard man, werry, better I say I like them music and witch album are bets, ist no metter this time, music are important
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.10.2006 - 03:43
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
No cool titles??? Sunn O)))'s titles are truly awesome in my opinion...
02.10.2006 - 10:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 02.10.2006 at 03:43

No cool titles??? Sunn O)))'s titles are truly awesome in my opinion...

well man I mena all titels are cool, if we locl thrash bands
ok metorhead - Overkill, No parole, Aces Os Spades, so coolest are Dead man tell No Tailes
Agout Sun O))) its hard to choose titles
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.10.2006 - 21:02
Damnated
Churchburner
White 2. It's just exeptional. I can listen to it all my life, and never get bored of it. The riff that builds up Bassaliens is sooooo awsome. anyways, I was disapointed to hear Altar. The band is officially decaying.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.10.2006 - 16:00
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 02.10.2006 at 21:02

The band is officially decaying.

Not "officially".. believe me that I'm not the only onw the finds Black One to be their most amazing piece
03.10.2006 - 16:23
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
^ most people do consider blackone to be their best but i really don't see it. perhaps if you're just an obsessive black metal fan who only decided to lsiten to them when they found out that they produced some pseudo-BM rubbish, but otherwise i can't see why anyone would think its better than white2.

they seem to be trying different tactics to make their inaccessible music "cool". though ill inevitably come across as an elitist prick for saying this, but i consider it selling out. why are they trying to appeal to the black metal scene? why do they have to have so many guest appearances? its just attention-whoring behaviour and it compromises their musical integrity. especially when the white albums are far superior.

anyhoo, white2 was their peak in my opinion. one long drone, but then a different track in the middle to keep your attention and then back to a droney repetive outro track with mumbling vocals. each track is monotonous in itself, but not in comparison to the tracks that go with it. it just works really well.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
03.10.2006 - 18:47
Damnated
Churchburner
I don't see Black One as a black metal momentum, nor real, nor pseudo, but one thing's shure. They didn't made THE album with Wrest and Malefic. and that's pathetic, imho.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.10.2006 - 05:25
Southern Wind
Account deleted
@tommy lee: I'm not an obsessive Black Metal fan, and I still think the whites are FAR more accessible than Black One (being tue, although, thet with Black One they attracted a lot of Black Metal fans that didn't care a fuck for the whites)... and well, if the featured Malefic and Wrest, and don't think it was for commercial issue (come on, Sunn O))) are still a very underground band and they won't make a living on their music anyway), but with the fair purpose of making a blacker album featuring the best of the USBM scene. And well, if it WAS a commercial movement I couldn't care less, as the results were awesome. I can't read Stephen O'Malley's intentions and I don't care about them, as he writes good music.

I still think White Two is somehow their "best" album, as is more unique and their creative pick, are just my personal musical tastes which lead me to enjoy Black One more.... and about White One, I can't stand that album... I had began to hate te fucked off poetry of "My Wall", "The Gates Of Ballard" is a horrible pseudo-electronic song and well, "A Shaving Of The Horn That Speared You" is indeed a great song.

And I have to agree with Damnated in two points: Bass Aliens is a freakin' awesome song and their split with Boris is rather worthless, and so it was the one with Earth...
04.10.2006 - 06:41
Damnated
Churchburner
that speech in My Wall, thus the whole song, is a big crap. I listened to it once, without skipping. it'sjust disturbing.
----

04.10.2006 - 18:55
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Does anyonw know where the drawing in the cover art of White Two was taken from? I'm really obsessed with it and nothing says on the CD's booklet...
04.10.2006 - 19:28
Damnated
Churchburner
Is there a bonus track on White 2, or something? Wikipedia sais there's a track called 'Decay' I don't have it on my downloaded copy though.
----

04.10.2006 - 20:52
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 04.10.2006 at 19:28

Is there a bonus track on White 2, or something? Wikipedia sais there's a track called 'Decay' I don't have it on my downloaded copy though.

Well, I have the original cd and it has three tracks: HellO)))Ween, Bass Aliens and Decay2 (which I doon't know if it's the "decay" that you mean)... I don't know if there's exists other version with bonus, though.
04.10.2006 - 21:43
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 04.10.2006 at 20:52

Well, I have the original cd and it has three tracks: HellO)))Ween, Bass Aliens and Decay2 (which I doon't know if it's the "decay" that you mean)... I don't know if there's exists other version with bonus, though.

The full title is 'Decay - The Symptoms of Kali Yuga', I managed to download it. It features Csihar Attila on vocals. it has the sound of white 2, and it's good.

Wikipedia sais that it's only on the double vinyl edition, so maybe that's why you don't have on your ocd.
----

04.10.2006 - 23:18
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 04.10.2006 at 21:43

Written by Guest on 04.10.2006 at 20:52

The full title is 'Decay - The Symptoms of Kali Yuga', I managed to download it. It features Csihar Attila on vocals. it has the sound of white 2, and it's good.

Wikipedia sais that it's only on the double vinyl edition, so maybe that's why you don't have on your ocd.

Cool, good to know... the third song of White Two ("Decay2") does feature Atilla also, anyway.
04.10.2006 - 23:39
Damnated
Churchburner
yeah, I know. this one's different though
----

05.10.2006 - 17:16
Zombie, M.D.
Decay also came as an extra MP3 on "The Beast of Atilla", a compilation of his various projects.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
17.04.2008 - 21:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Hi guys...
I'm really interested about this band.
It's really weird you know... I can't stand their music for a long time, but somehow I really want to get into this band.
Sunn O))) seems like a band which is very hard to get into, and I like challenges... So I have some hope that this band will grown on me and turn into a very good band since I love "weird" kinds of music and this seems totally fucked up .

Can someone tell me which albums are the easiest to get into [If there's not a such album.. at least the one which is not that hard :]

I will appreciate your help.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.04.2008 - 22:52
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.04.2008 at 21:40

Can someone tell me which albums are the easiest to get into [If there's not a such album.. at least the one which is not that hard :]

get white 2, their best album imo. but try to get drunk at least a little before you listen to it. sounds much better that way tbh.
----

17.04.2008 - 23:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Damnated on 17.04.2008 at 22:52

get white 2, their best album imo. but try to get drunk at least a little before you listen to it. sounds much better that way tbh.

Jajajajjajajaja, I don't know if I have the guts to steal something from my mother... and you can't buy alcohol if you're under 20 years old.
But I get the idea.. I think that I need a moment in complete silence, alone in my room and closing my eyes and see what it will feels like... I have big expectations. Like I said... I want challenges, and if I get over this band... Nothing will stop me jejeje
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.04.2008 - 23:06
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.04.2008 at 23:05

Written by Damnated on 17.04.2008 at 22:52

Jajajajjajajaja, I don't know if I have the guts to steal something from my mother... and you can't buy alcohol if you're under 20 years old.
But I get the idea.. I think that I need a moment in complete silence, alone in my room and closing my eyes and see what it will feels like... I have big expectations

you can always spin around till you get really dizzy
----

17.04.2008 - 23:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Damnated on 17.04.2008 at 23:06

you can always spin around till you get really dizzy

jajajajaj, good one... I just need a bag for the vomit.
I will try that album then.. I'm also curious about Black one since I really like Xasthur vocals...
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.04.2008 - 21:58
Hamird
Lieutenant
my favorite Sunn 0))) work is Oracle. thats an EP, i think. but it is great. my main reason is st. Attila's vox on this album. Attila is so talented to make noises and psychedelic voices... he fits with Sunn 0))).
Sunn 0))'s other works are good, but im not interested in Doom/drone, and the only band in this genre which i listen is Sunn 0)))
22.11.2008 - 16:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Still think White2 is their greatest opus and Black One their biggest disappointment. If I've learned anything in the past few years it's that Sunn are far from the be-all and end-all of drone music. I'd still like to see them make something spectacular again but Oracle was just plain uninspiring and Altar a pile of pretensiousness, I'm wondering if they'll ever get back on form.

But we'll always have White2 8]
16.07.2009 - 21:33
Ankläger
Monoliths & Demensions; classic Sunn O))) drone, Attila, a choir, strings, and a brass band.
Very discomforting. I thought Altar was complete crap, with the rather cheesy vocals, but Oracle was a nice return.
17.07.2009 - 15:44
Altar. It is INSANE.
03.03.2012 - 21:44
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
I'm going with White2. I really feel this album.

listening to "BassAlien" right now