07. Mascaria
08. Ivresse Des Dieux
09. Bestiari
10. Gaste Flamme
11. Nueit De Sabbat

Guest review by
White Winter Sun
Rating:
Disclaimer: if you are one of those for whom folk only means festive music with traditional instruments mixed with heavy electric guitars and insane drumming, you might be disappointed by the music by Stille Volk. Indeed, even though the band plays folk metal and uses traditional instruments (such as jew's harp, bagpipe...), you will not find any synthetic and electric instruments in their music. So, if you don't care about folk without these modern elements (and in a lesser extent to reading this slab of review), simply just go ahead and click on the previous page button in your internet browser.

Read more ››
published 28.03.2010 | Comments (0)

Comments

Comments: 4   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 26 users
25.08.2011 - 00:18
JD
Account deleted
I'm in love with this Medieval German Folk. Albums like this, makes me want to learn Yiddish.
11.02.2015 - 01:32
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Guest on 25.08.2011 at 00:18

I'm in love with this Medieval German Folk. Albums like this, makes me want to learn Yiddish.

Except that, despite their German name, Stille Volk are French and sing in in French and Occitan

Btw, on topic: due to a bad start in the late nineties - didn't like what I heard by then - I slowly discoreving them now, and enjoying them much more than I did!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
14.02.2015 - 22:17
JD
Account deleted
Written by Darkside Momo on 11.02.2015 at 01:32

Except that, despite their German name, Stille Volk are French and sing in in French and Occitan

Btw, on topic: due to a bad start in the late nineties - didn't like what I heard by then - I slowly discoreving them now, and enjoying them much more than I did!

Funny that you quoted me for that since I actually learned how to speak German in the last two years, so yeah I tottaly agree.

On topic: after listening to it again yestrday I think it doesn't deserve 9 I would give it now 7 or 8.
14.02.2015 - 23:09
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Guest on 14.02.2015 at 22:17

Written by Darkside Momo on 11.02.2015 at 01:32

Btw, on topic: due to a bad start in the late nineties - didn't like what I heard by then - I slowly discovering them now, and enjoying them much more than I did!

Funny that you quoted me for that since I actually learned how to speak German in the last two years, so yeah I tottaly agree.

On topic: after listening to it again yestrday I think it doesn't deserve 9 I would give it now 7 or 8.

Yeah, I know that post I quoted was a bit old

About Nueit de Sabbat, yeah it's good, but not that exceptional indeed. Their latest (La Pèira Negra - "The Black Stone" in Occitan) is much better imo
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"

Hits total: 4328 | This month: 8