Metal Storm logo
Bands with 6 or more albums of which none are duds.

Original post

Posted by listmor, 28.08.2011 - 03:26
Think hard of the bands you like that have released six or more studio albums.

Which of those bands can you say that you thoroughly enjoy every album.

I love Black Sabbath but I don't really rate any of the albums after the Gillan one, and I think Never Say Die is great.

The big 4 of thrash have all had some albums that many would agree were terrible compared to their best, maybe I could argue that Slayer havent.

Of course bands cant make every album the same and their artistic expression changes so that we may no longer revere their work, but everyone has those bands that they beleive have never created anything but excellence.

I propose Judas Priest and Sodom.

Who do you propose, remembering a minimum of 6 studio albmus for the band to be eligible.
11.10.2012 - 11:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 11.10.2012 at 03:01

Slayer, i already mentioned Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I. is one too. Carcass, Testament, Pantera.

Carcass only released 5 albums

As for Testament I consider Practice What Your Preach a total dud, SOuls In Black also a dud, Demonical an abomination, The Formation Of Damnation a total dud. Actually imo Testament has more duds than good albums
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.10.2012 - 14:12
enumaelis

Therion, though the last one...
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
11.10.2012 - 14:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by enumaelis on 11.10.2012 at 14:12

Mmm I can see why some people would class Therion here. But I am of the shchool that thinks their best period is their death metal one and that the last cvouple of albums are really total duds.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.10.2012 - 16:43
Branzig

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.10.2012 at 14:36

Mmm I can see why some people would class Therion here. But I am of the shchool that thinks their best period is their death metal one and that the last cvouple of albums are really total duds.

Totally agree with you there...anything after Beyond Sanctorum I don't even listen too.
----
In Grind We Crust
11.10.2012 - 16:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Branzig on 11.10.2012 at 16:43

Totally agree with you there...anything after Beyond Sanctorum I don't even listen too.

I still listen to Symphony Masses: Ho Drakon Ho Megas, Lepaca Kliffoth and Theli a lot, especially those first two
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.10.2012 - 16:51
enumaelis

Written by enumaelis on 11.10.2012 at 14:12

I share with you the feeling they went a bit down in the last 2, but I am a big fan from the death metal period till Gothic Kabbalah. Somehow they managed to keep me interested and trying to sound a bit different album after album. Perhaps the matter of changing so many members in all the history had to do with bringing new influences as well.
Sitra Ahra was a step back, but I couldnt say it is a bad album, just not as good as anything previous. And the new one.. I'm still listening to it, but I fear another step back
----
11.10.2012 - 16:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by enumaelis on 11.10.2012 at 16:51

And the new one.. I'm still listening to it, but I fear another step back

tbh you can't judge that one as a Therion album because it is made up of cover songs.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.10.2012 - 19:19
enumaelis

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.10.2012 at 16:54

Written by enumaelis on 11.10.2012 at 16:51

And the new one.. I'm still listening to it, but I fear another step back

tbh you can't judge that one as a Therion album because it is made up of cover songs.

Yeh, not a proper album, but still something under Therion's name that I'm not liking that much as I'd like
----
12.10.2012 - 09:44
SuicidalPunk
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.10.2012 at 11:39

Written by Guest on 11.10.2012 at 03:01

Slayer, i already mentioned Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I. is one too. Carcass, Testament, Pantera.

Carcass only released 5 albums

As for Testament I consider Practice What Your Preach a total dud, SOuls In Black also a dud, Demonical an abomination, The Formation Of Damnation a total dud. Actually imo Testament has more duds than good albums

Damn, thought they had at least six. And shit man, Practice What You Preach is one of my favorite albums by them, one of my all time favorite albums as well. Well to each his own i guess haha
13.10.2012 - 21:22
Ikuinen

Opeth released 10 albums......9 of them were great ...that's pretty impressive
13.10.2012 - 22:51
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ikuinen on 13.10.2012 at 21:22

I like all of them... so yeah, that's one of my picks too.
----
13.10.2012 - 22:57
Branzig

Meh...I don't care for any of Opeth's albums to be honest.

Of course my opinion is irrelevant because I think Anal Cunt would qualify. They have like 20 albums and I like almost all of them
----
In Grind We Crust
13.10.2012 - 23:02
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by CobiWan1993 on 03.10.2012 at 02:56

Iron Maiden - What can I say about them that hasn't already been said before, these guys are legends (even their weaker 90's releases have extremely strong songs on them).

Still, for Maiden standards, Fear of the Dark is a bad album. Yeah, I get that some songs are totally great, but the album as a whole is mediocre.

Proof :
14.10.2012 - 01:27
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Quote:
Written by SilentScream on 13.10.2012 at 23:02

Still, for Maiden standards, Fear of the Dark is a bad album. Yeah, I get that some songs are totally great, but the album as a whole is mediocre.

Proof :

Yeah, you're right, Fear of the Dark as a whole is not that good ("From Here To Eternity" is one of the worst songs I've ever heard from the band), but regardless of how bad the "whole" experience is, I still give the band credit for writing songs of some worth at least. Even if all of the albums after 7th Son sucked (which i don't believe is true), I can still mention the band for the seven albums they made in the 80s.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
14.10.2012 - 04:05
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Quote:
Written by CobiWan1993 on 14.10.2012 at 01:27

Written by SilentScream on 13.10.2012 at 23:02

Proof :

Yeah, you're right, Fear of the Dark as a whole is not that good ("From Here To Eternity" is one of the worst songs I've ever heard from the band), but regardless of how bad the "whole" experience is, I still give the band credit for writing songs of some worth at least. Even if all of the albums after 7th Son sucked (which i don't believe is true), I can still mention the band for the seven albums they made in the 80s.

Your least favorite song of theirs is really From Here to Eternity? I am one of the few who actually like the song *gets ready for people to start throwing tomatoes*

For me my least favorite song is Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter. I don't know why, but I just hate the damned song.
14.10.2012 - 08:08
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Quote:
Quote:

Your least favorite song of theirs is really From Here to Eternity? I am one of the few who actually like the song *gets ready for people to start throwing tomatoes*

For me my least favorite song is Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter. I don't know why, but I just hate the damned song.

Actually my least favorite song by the band is "Hooks In You", but I still think "From Here To Eternity" is very bad by their standards though. I don't mind "Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter" too much, although the chorus get annoying.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
14.10.2012 - 09:14
Patrick.

Written by Nosurper on 11.10.2012 at 01:04

Iamawalker, don't miss out on Devin

Yeah, I will certainly check out some of his stuff. A bit "afraid" though, that it might take a lot of time getting into. The little I bumped into on Youtube sounded great but nothing clicked whatsoever. Then again, the best stuff are usually what grows with time anyway. So I'm looking forward to this.
14.10.2012 - 15:09
Capt. Fluntas

Definitely Amon Amarth for me, I've listened to all of their albums and none of them was a dud, just solid material all around. I could add as well:

Bolt Thrower
Enslaved - I'm not such a big fan of their early work but they definitely have at least 6 that aren't duds.
Nile
Death
Cannibal Corpse
Slayer
----
Life is one big meme.
28.01.2013 - 01:33
ajk70

Slayer, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Immortal, Darkthrone, Satyricon, Gorgoroth

I'm sure there are more...just can't thick of any

I didn't consider EPs or Live albums...just LPs.
29.01.2013 - 03:45
king_matt

Immolation, King Diamond (12 - now THAT'S impressive!), Bolt Thrower, Opeth, Electric Wizard
All I can think of atm.
EDIT: I'd like to add Anaal Nathrakh to the list.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
29.01.2013 - 11:20
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Kalmah, every album is great!
30.01.2013 - 02:14
Dinruth

Ah insomnium just have 5 Albums out .. but I bet they'll be in here as soon as their sixth one is released
30.01.2013 - 03:57
Sulac

Hmm...
Rotting Christ (for me, anyways - I know a lot of people think Aealo is a dud...)
Amon Amarth (not a single dud album.)
Battlelore
Immolation
Dark Fortress (I adore Eidolon and Ylem much more than their earlier albums, but they're hardly duds.)
Nile
Novembers Doom
Primordial
30.01.2013 - 14:36
Jtbmetal123

Slayer, Children Of Bodom, Six Feet Under, Pantera.
01.02.2013 - 01:13
jonowev

Cannibal Corpse are probably the most consistent band I can think of off the top of my head. I guess Bolt Thrower, Deicide, Nile and Suffocation too. A lot of the most popular death metal bands around have a very consistent output. Same can't be said about Morbid Angel though!
----
"I rest in my home eating human waste, and drinking the urine from my dog. I feel insane when I do this... but I like it."
06.02.2013 - 21:59
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick

Opeth released 10 albums. 1 was great, 1 was good, 7 were average, 1 was bad

Written by jonowev on 01.02.2013 at 01:13

Cannibal Corpse are probably the most consistent band I can think of off the top of my head. I guess Bolt Thrower, Deicide, Nile and Suffocation too. A lot of the most popular death metal bands around have a very consistent output. Same can't be said about Morbid Angel though!

I would agree on Nile but their most recent was a dud, Suffocation only released 2 good (and by good I mean I love them) albums and one good EP, Deicide had a good debut and follow up album but after that they started turning into shit, Bolt Thrower is absolutely consistent. Also Cannibal Corpse is consistent, but consistent in making decent albums, nothing spectacular, but you know what you're going to get when listening to a Cannibal Corpse album.
07.02.2013 - 23:16
ajk70

Enslaved
08.02.2013 - 05:44
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Hmm this is a tough question. I like the full discography of a lot of bands, but most of them don't have six albums out.

I'll have to come back to this.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.02.2013 - 14:03
Paz

Definitely Blut Aus Nord, my favorite band of all time. They released 13 albums (including EP's) and none of them is a dud. Check out their discography if you don't believe me.
08.02.2013 - 14:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Paz on 08.02.2013 at 14:03

Definitely Blut Aus Nord, my favorite band of all time. They released 13 albums (including EP's) and none of them is a dud. Check out their discography if you don't believe me.

Decorporation was pretty awful =P