Metal Storm logo
Skate & snowboard videos

02.10.2006 - 23:10
Zeleznk
Skateboarding and snowboarding are two of the gratest things in my life. I enjoy both of them equally and I always try to skate/snowboard as much as I can.
I also like to watch nice tricks being performed by skillful people (not only pros, many amateurs are quite good too), that's why I'm opening this topic.
Here you can post your comments on certain movies, talk about the tricks, which pro inspires you, what kind of music you think is the most suitable in the videos (I guess no one's gonna say it's rap ) and things like that.

Recently I've been watching my favourite video alot - Almost: Round 3. For me it's the best sk8movie ever! There's so many original tricks in this movie! There are almost no ordinairy tricks in this video, there's so many flip out tricks...
It's a must see video!!!

From the SNB scene I've been watching White Balance very often. The movie is like 2 or 3 years old and (IMO) it rocks! And the youngsters kick ass! I recommend this one as well.
----
()...()
:0,,0:
03.10.2006 - 00:05
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i downloaded quite a few back in the day (i mean, £25 for a 30 minute dvd? im not paying that). the 2 flip videos were both great, especially the first one with jonnie rotten doing intros for each part. all skaters on there showed a good variety of stuff. what i hated about some skating videos (girl and almost, for examples) were that it was just to show off the ultra-technical stuff, rather than show skateboarding as something fun which really isn't interesting at all and doesn't get you psyched to go out and skate.

the DC video is also great. especially Danny Way's part. its just unbelievable that you can do THAt on a 31" wooden board on wheels.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
03.10.2006 - 22:26
Zeleznk
yeah, Danny's part is definatley to be remembered as one of the greatest vert parts ever (especially the deluxe version). Jake Brown also pulls off legendary tricks on that megaramp (flip to boardslide on an added rainbow). Check out his contribution to the vert history in Blind - What If? !
----
()...()
05.10.2006 - 21:17
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Do a youtube search on Rodney Mullen if you want to see the best trickster of all time...here's my favorite link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcbCCFb0zXI
----
Brujerizmo!
10.10.2006 - 02:51
ylside
staff
Oh man Rodney Mullen is such a genius...
10.10.2006 - 22:38
Zeleznk
Rodney Mullen is a legendary skater. He invented so many tricks in his long career. And with every video part he adds something new. I would especially recommend the videos Globe - Opinion and Almost - Round 3.
----
()...()
10.10.2006 - 23:19
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Chad Muska, Rune Glifberg, Ed Templeton, Bob Burnquist and Steve Caballero are also some of my other fav's...I don't know too many new dudes...recommendations?
----
Brujerizmo!
10.10.2006 - 23:55
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
rodney mullen isn't so much a skater as he is a dancer. its all technical tricks on flat ground and sometimes not even moving. thats not skating to me.

i think the sign of a great skating video is that its entertaining to watch even if you're not a skater yourself. i used to watch skating videos at friends houses with people who we were friends with, but didn't skate. the video parts that they liked were the same ones that really got me psyched up to go out and skate for hours. its not about 360 flips to nosegrinds on ledges, nor is it about falling allover the place and cracking your head open because you don't know your limites. a good skating video (whether you're a skater or not) is simply one were someone appears to be enjoying themselves and landing stuff smoothly. not a video where they're trying to hard.

christ. i need to go download these videos again. the DC videos and the 2 flip videos are both great. if anyone wants to go downlaod them. find a suitable hub (or limewire or something similar) and search for 'flip sorry' or 'dc skate' and you should find them.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
11.10.2006 - 01:43
ylside
staff
Written by -tom- on 10.10.2006 at 23:55

rodney mullen isn't so much a skater as he is a dancer. its all technical tricks on flat ground and sometimes not even moving. thats not skating to me.

Why yes you're right there, however he does make some genuine runs ! (with that mighty 180 flip underflip ;_; )
11.10.2006 - 03:15
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Konrad on 05.10.2006 at 21:17

Do a youtube search on Rodney Mullen if you want to see the best trickster of all time...here's my favorite link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcbCCFb0zXI

I'll say my oppinion by quoting Tool's song "Rosetta Stoned": "HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT!"

As for me, I've downloaded three snowboarding videos. And only three because they become repetitive:
- Burton Team
- The Resistance
- Transworld Snowboarding - Technical difficulties.
I don't watch them that much now, but hey, those guys are awesome.

I want to download some skate videos as well, but not just now.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.10.2006 - 16:23
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by -tom- on 10.10.2006 at 23:55

He was just an old-schooler doing those same tricks on a new-school skateboard. If you watch any old school street-skating, it was either like that or lots of carving in pools. When I started skating, there were no skateboarding videos, it was basically just surf videos with little parts here and there with skateboarding in them. Believe me, even though Mullen is all tech in most videos you see...he can make some sick power-slide runs. (most new people cant)
----
Brujerizmo!
15.10.2006 - 22:59
Zeleznk
About Mullen I agree with Konrad, cause he's still able to make tricks that no one else can. About the skatevideos I'm with Tommy Tee - the best videos are about having fun, I enjoy watching them the most. But sometimes I also like to watch technical movies, just to see what are (new) pros capable of.
----
()...()