Metal Storm logo
Miseration - New Album In The Works

Swedish death metal band Miseration are currently busy working on a new full-length album with producer Marko Tervonen (guitarist in The Crown). The band has also parted ways with drummer Rolf Pilve.

The band issued the following statement: "In about 2½ months we will start recording what is going to be our 3rd installment (album-title tba), since the start back in 2006. For this one Marko Tervonen ( The Crown) has been tapped to helm production-duties, at his own MT studios, located in Trollhättan, Sweden. Christian and Marko have known each other since the mid-'90s, so this will not be the first time their roads cross each other. For instance, initially, Christian was the second guitarist of Angel Blake, which is another band of Marko's!

Here is what Mr. Tervonen has to say for himself: "Fuck yeah, kick ass!!! Looking forward producing the next Miseration album, godamnit! My homeboy Christian Älvestam's band. Not so many people know, but me, Christian and a few others (!, oh so mysterious famous people) actually had a secret project going on around 2003, where we recorded some tunes in the style of Katatonia, Paradise Lost etc. Really good stuff if you ask me, but it (for some reason) stayed in the C: Well, nevertheless. I'm really looking forward getting my hands extra dirty producing their hardcore Death Metal!! Let the motherfucking hammering begin!"

As for post-production, mastering duities will once again be taken care of by our good friend maestro Plec!

Last, but not least, we are sad to announce that we have parted ways, on a friendly basis, with our buddy Rolf Pilve. This desicion has nothing to do with personal conflicts or anything like that. This is simply the result of Rolf living in Finland, being a member of several hard-working Finnish bands, unfortunately leaving him very little time to focus on Miseration. This will however not affect any of the other collaborations Rolf, Christian and Jani have got going together. Rolf's replacement will be announced shortly! More news as it happens!"

UPDATE (thanks to DEATH666)

According to a posting on the band's Facebook, Swedish death metal band Miseration have pushed back the recording of the new album to February 2012.

Here's the full message: "After some discussions within the band, we have agreed on pushing back the recording of our new album until February 2012, due to various reasons. This will however not affect the choice of studio, nor the choice of producer! More news as it happens!"

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Miseration
Posted: 31.08.2011 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 12 users
31.08.2011 - 23:59
BenWasHere

I hope it's as good as their last album.

Hits total: 2936 | This month: 2